KingstonMariner
August 23, 2019, 9:35pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Now then Kingston...

Seriously though, if any of the reports in the Tellywag are anywhere near true about the philanthropic side of Mr Shutes' personality are correct then it is much more likely to be a sympathetic takeover than some venture capitalists / foreign owner scenario.

There's the $64,000 question though. They kicked off this whole thing with an unsubstantiated rumour. I wouldn't rely on the Grim Tel to tell me what day of the week it is.

If he is the philanthropic figure we hope, then a little transparency wouldn't hurt. All we know is he's a property developer.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 67
MuddyWaters
August 23, 2019, 9:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It's not just being inquisitve though. I take what you say about the need for confidentiality at certain times. But don't you think fans have a stake in the future of their club? Collectively through the Trust and individual shareholdings, fans literally are stock holders.  Fans are the future and the present.

I'd want to know that whoever owns the club does have a robust plan and isn't going to turn out like the Bury mob or the Italian guy who owned Orient, or any of the countless other owners of football clubs who wrecked them. I'd like to know that someone on our behalf is doing this sort of due diligence because we know we can't rely on the football authorities.

We have an interest for sure but I don’t think the current owner has any interest in us. To call us toxic, demean Operation Promotion and allow Mr Dale to get away with what he said are just three examples of what we mean to the board.

Maybe Mr Shutes will see it differently but this deal is bound to be complicated and, as we are deemed not worthy, I’d rather be kept in the dark for now.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 67
KingstonMariner
August 23, 2019, 11:13pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

We have an interest for sure but I don’t think the current owner has any interest in us. To call us toxic, demean Operation Promotion and allow Mr Dale to get away with what he said are just three examples of what we mean to the board.

Maybe Mr Shutes will see it differently but this deal is bound to be complicated and, as we are deemed not worthy, I’d rather be kept in the dark for now.

I'm sure he hasn't. We're only of interest when he's looking for someone to blame. I just don't want to go down the whole, false hope route to find we're in the hands of someone who's going to leave the club even worse off.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 67
moosey_club
August 24, 2019, 12:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,213
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It's not just being inquisitve though. I take what you say about the need for confidentiality at certain times. But don't you think fans have a stake in the future of their club? Collectively through the Trust and individual shareholdings, fans literally are stock holders.  Fans are the future and the present.

I'd want to know that whoever owns the club does have a robust plan and isn't going to turn out like the Bury mob or the Italian guy who owned Orient, or any of the countless other owners of football clubs who wrecked them. I'd like to know that someone on our behalf is doing this sort of due diligence because we know we can't rely on the football authorities.

Fans mean diddly squat and if you think they/we come into the thoughts of any buyer or seller of a club then you are, IMO, deluded. If the deal...and that becomes basically a business deal, is right for the buyer & seller then the deal will happen, if its not right then it won't !

If i want £10 for something then maybe advertise it for £15 and sell it for £12 i am better off by £2....if it only gets offers for £8 then i have a decision to make on the saleable assett.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 67
Rik e B
August 24, 2019, 11:46am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
As fan's we don't get a say, a vote, anything on such matters.

I would imagine there a lot of ducks need aligning to hit the ground running day one with the full vision and clearly laid out plan and means to get there. I wouldn't want Shutes to arrive and saying "hoping to do this, maybe do that, not quite sure how but we'd like to"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 67
Stadium
August 24, 2019, 12:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from moosey_club

Fans mean diddly squat and if you think they/we come into the thoughts of any buyer or seller of a club then you are, IMO, deluded. If the deal...and that becomes basically a business deal, is right for the buyer & seller then the deal will happen, if its not right then it won't !

If i want £10 for something then maybe advertise it for £15 and sell it for £12 i am better off by £2....if it only gets offers for £8 then i have a decision to make on the saleable assett.

Absolutely.
Fans will not even enter the equation.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 67
KingstonMariner
August 24, 2019, 4:43pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

That's not the point I'm making. I'm just saying we should, not that we will.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 67
KingstonMariner
August 24, 2019, 4:44pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Stadium

Absolutely.
Fans will not even enter the equation.

Not while we're supine

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mr Burns

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.