13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
June 13, 2019, 2:30pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
I, personally, think Green is a good signing. It is also significant that when I mentioned a negative reaction to his signing I was berated and lo and behold some of those negative posters changed their opinion. The herding instinct is very strong on this site!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 126
Malta_Mariner_90
June 13, 2019, 2:35pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796

I am not sure it would work, he can get bullied quite easy by L2 defenders. Like I said I would have kept him for last season, as he can quite easily playing on the right.

Thanks for the reply, we tried it last season you see, as you probably know we were playing Thomas up on his own last season despite him not being a traditional target man. Actually he was decent at holding the ball and bringing others into play. More of a back to goal forward anyway though. I take it Green is not that type? He does not hold the ball up well etc?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 126
forza ivano
June 13, 2019, 2:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,169
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from rancido
I, personally, think Green is a good signing. It is also significant that when I mentioned a negative reaction to his signing I was berated and lo and behold some of those negative posters changed their opinion. The herding instinct is very strong on this site!

don't get too up yourself rancido - i certainly didn't change my tune because of you; it was Nathan Arnold 'what done it' for me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 126
Ashby mariner
June 13, 2019, 3:06pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
What did Nathan Arnold say about Green?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 126
Malta_Mariner_90
June 13, 2019, 3:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from Ashby mariner
What did Nathan Arnold say about Green?

That he is a past it has been centre forward who will have no chance of attracting positive comments on the fishy!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 126
rancido
June 13, 2019, 3:11pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
I'm not Forza, I just don't get this criticising of new players who have yet to play a game yet for town. I could understand it if it was a "Lee Evans (?)" scenario, where a potential signing was an out and out toe-rag. But Green has done the business for a few seasons at this level and we really need to trust MJ in the choice of players he thinks he needs to progress us beyond this level. Black_and_white_bear posted a similarities post to mine yet wasn't quoted once! It doesn't bother me as I'm 71 years old and it's all water off a ducks back to me but I do get the impression that some posters get "shot down" straight away by certain members of the "Fishy Clique". Meanwhile I'm just happy getting drunk in Bulgaria and looking forward to another season watching my beloved Town, whoever they sign. Oh and when I get back on Sunday I will be straight into the club Monday to renew my St, and that has got fook all to do with new shirts, new signings, whatever floodlights are fitted or the colour of the refurbished khazi. I laugh at these posters whose allegiance depends on x, y, or z - Town fans, my arce!!!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 126
RichMariner
June 13, 2019, 3:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Not sure if there's much in the James Hanson rumour, but he would be a good signing - and a good partner for Green - in a 4-4-2 (or whatever system we can play with two strikers).

A good friend of mine is a Bradford fan and he speaks very highly of Hanson as a person as well as a player. Not the most mobile now but has a good football brain, hangs in the air, makes life difficult for defenders and can make the ball stick up top.

Not a too dissimilar description to Andy Cook, really, except Hanson might be more realistic or affordable.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 106 - 126
forza ivano
June 13, 2019, 3:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,169
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from RichMariner
Not sure if there's much in the James Hanson rumour, but he would be a good signing - and a good partner for Green - in a 4-4-2 (or whatever system we can play with two strikers).

A good friend of mine is a Bradford fan and he speaks very highly of Hanson as a person as well as a player. Not the most mobile now but has a good football brain, hangs in the air, makes life difficult for defenders and can make the ball stick up top.

Not a too dissimilar description to Andy Cook, really, except Hanson might be more realistic or affordable.

heard from 2 different people that hanson was at the club and seen in the club shop on Monday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 126
queenybantam07
June 13, 2019, 4:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +84
Quoted from RichMariner

Bradford City fan here.....

Hanson’s days are long gone. He suffers with injuries and quite frankly, he’s scored ten times in his last nearly 90 appearances.

When Sheff United came in for him a few seasons back, they offered us a deal worth just over £200k and we snapped their hands off.

We used to pay him circa £5k per week. Sheff Utd were paying him £8k per week; and even at Wimbledon he’s earning a decent wedge.

He’ll command at least £2.5k-£3k per week in L2, and I’m sure there are better options now at this level.

He also wouldn’t complement Matt Green, either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 126
Grantham_Mariner
June 13, 2019, 4:15pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted Text
34'
Goal! Lincoln City 2, Grimsby Town 0. Matt Green (Lincoln City) right footed shot from very close range to the centre of the goal. Assisted by Elliott Whitehouse.

From BBC match report 17/03/2018

Could do with a bit of this for us. Geen goal, Whitehouse assist.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 126
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matt Green signs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.