KingstonMariner
June 13, 2019, 12:07pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

This is assuming you remember said night the next day!  

Sounds like Civvy’s is the voice of bitter experience 😄

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 126
KingstonMariner
June 13, 2019, 12:12pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

Well.. I've looked through this thread and counted up 33 positive comments and 5 negative comments, so your peddling of fake news doesn't stack up really. Can't wait to slag the fans off can you? Running your mouth off in this way perpetuates more negativity than the 5 negative comments which couldn't even be termed that caustic..

Your post would be more accurate if it read..

I can't believe all this postivity about this signing. So many posters usually criticise the Board for being negative about the running of the club but it is the opposite when compared to the large majority of positive comments on here. I hope Green reads this thread to boost his confidence..

Hey, he’s only being ‘neutral’ on the whole board v fans debate. We know Rancido doesn’t only criticise the fans........

😉

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 126
golfer
June 13, 2019, 12:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Mariner93er
I'm sure North Korea's forum would be more entertaining than the pettiness on this forum at times

Latest rumour--" We are signing  E. Foo Yung,F.Rice,Kor Marr,and C. Andy Chipz all who play for the North Korean National Team"   I must say this seems a good recipe for success and definitely wets my appetite. Well done to all concerned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 126
KingstonMariner
June 13, 2019, 12:17pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

Well even if you also want to stick the boot into the fans too, get your maths right. 7 negative out of a total of 35 is 20%..

Not a good sign in an accountant 😉

And muppets like this have the cheek to question people’s ability to run a football club better than the current mob! Like I said to Fishyfishtails on another thread, they do John Fenty no favours.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 126
Malta_Mariner_90
June 13, 2019, 12:18pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Sounds like Civvy’s is the voice of bitter experience 😄

He obviously has not forgotten "that night".  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 126
grimsby pete
June 13, 2019, 12:25pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
What a player has done in the past whether he scored 20+ a season or 4 or 5,

He will be judged on what he does in a Town shirt,

I am sure by what I have seen of Green in  Mansfield, Lincoln and Salford shirts,

He will be a fans favourite because of his high work rate , energy and goal scoring,

He might not be a 20+ goal a season we long for but he will score enough and create a few as well.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 126
nealeardleyscrossing
June 13, 2019, 2:16pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -322
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from grimsby pete
What a player has done in the past whether he scored 20+ a season or 4 or 5,

He will be judged on what he does in a Town shirt,

I am sure by what I have seen of Green in  Mansfield, Lincoln and Salford shirts,

He will be a fans favourite because of his high work rate , energy and goal scoring,

He might not be a 20+ goal a season we long for but he will score enough and create a few as well.

He is a good player, good touch, high work rate, what he does need is a target man with him. His successful spells have coincided with him playing along side Rhead  - He fell out of favour with us when we changed formation, and played with 3 up front - as opposed to 4-4-2 - Cowley favoured , Andrade, Akinde and Anderson with a 10 behind them - Mainly Rowe or McCartan, when that happened there was limited playing time for Green. We got 75k for him, and effectively got Rowe on loan, who was a better fit for us - It wasn't that Green was gash or was playing badly/

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 126
Malta_Mariner_90
June 13, 2019, 2:21pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796

He is a good player, good touch, high work rate, what he does need is a target man with him. His successful spells have coincided with him playing along side Rhead  - He fell out of favour with us when we changed formation, and played with 3 up front - as opposed to 4-4-2 - Cowley favoured , Andrade, Akinde and Anderson with a 10 behind them - Mainly Rowe or McCartan, when that happened there was limited playing time for Green. We got 75k for him, and effectively got Rowe on loan, who was a better fit for us - It wasn't that Green was gash or was playing badly/

Which would make our links (all be them internet rumours) with Hanson and Cook seem to make sense. Would it be a disaster if he was up top on his own?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 126
nealeardleyscrossing
June 13, 2019, 2:23pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -322
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

Which would make our links (all be them internet rumours) with Hanson and Cook seem to make sense. Would it be a disaster if he was up top on his own?  

I am not sure it would work, he can get bullied quite easy by L2 defenders. Like I said I would have kept him for last season, as he can quite easily playing on the right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 126
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
June 13, 2019, 2:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Nah I'm saying it now lads, if we get Hanson aswell we're going up I wont listen to reason, I'll be straight to the bookies
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 126
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matt Green signs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.