MuddyWaters
April 9, 2019, 5:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from jock dock tower
Whatever happens in the rest of the season the club simply has to go for broke these last few games to spark and retain interest for next season. That, and a shakeup at the very top of the boardroom as well. If only.......

If only indeed..or are we that group of fans that should be grateful that we support a mid to low table League 2 side with little ambition. ..the club that's about to spunk away a load of money on floodlights that might only get used for a few years (if we get really lucky).
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 39
ginnywings
April 9, 2019, 6:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Sadly, i gave up after the home defeat to Cambridge, and nothing that has happened since has made me regret that decision. I'm also glad i resisted the temptation to buy a season ticket this season. As moosey pointed out in another post, there are plenty of unused season tickets out there from people who have similarly given up, and i could attend any match for free because if it, but i just don't want to any more. It's just too depressing visiting Blundell Park, which has become a massive positivity sponge, sucking the life out of all who come into contact with the club. Players and managers appear all bright eyed and bushy tailed, only to slowly wither before our eyes, and you can see the light slowly leaving them by the week. No wonder players leave here and suddenly start performing better elsewhere. We have become the Bermuda triangle of football clubs.

I'm enjoying doing other stuff with my time now and unless there is a massive shift forward at the club, i may not be back next season, which is a shame, because i have been a loyal supporter for 48 seasons. Not posting much on here any more either. There's only so many times you can go over the same old ground before it becomes tiresome.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 39
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 9, 2019, 7:29pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ginnywings
Sadly, i gave up after the home defeat to Cambridge, and nothing that has happened since has made me regret that decision. I'm also glad i resisted the temptation to buy a season ticket this season. As moosey pointed out in another post, there are plenty of unused season tickets out there from people who have similarly given up, and i could attend any match for free because if it, but i just don't want to any more. It's just too depressing visiting Blundell Park, which has become a massive positivity sponge, sucking the life out of all who come into contact with the club. Players and managers appear all bright eyed and bushy tailed, only to slowly wither before our eyes, and you can see the light slowly leaving them by the week. No wonder players leave here and suddenly start performing better elsewhere. We have become the Bermuda triangle of football clubs.

I'm enjoying doing other stuff with my time now and unless there is a massive shift forward at the club, i may not be back next season, which is a shame, because i have been a loyal supporter for 48 seasons. Not posting much on here any more either. There's only so many times you can go over the same old ground before it becomes tiresome.  

Understandable and you will not be the only one. I can see that season ticket sales will take a huge dive, especially if the remaining games are as bad as the last few. Glass half full days are behind us eh?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 39
marinerdazza
April 9, 2019, 9:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,856
Gold Stars: 82
No way will I be renewing mine unless some serious business is done over summer. Simple as that. Difficult enough attending as it is, but doing a 140 mile round trip on top of that is taking the urine.

My issue is not with Jolley by the way....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 39
promotion plaice
April 9, 2019, 9:25pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from marinerdazza
No way will I be renewing mine unless some serious business is done over summer. Simple as that. Difficult enough attending as it is, but doing a 140 mile round trip on top of that is taking the urine.

Same here....if we don't show some intent in the transfer market this summer I also won't be renewing my season ticket.....Mr Fenty might be happy with clawing back 200K a season and good luck to him.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 39
Mariner Timsky
April 10, 2019, 8:47am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from marinerdazza

Will that change if we end the season on a 13 game winless run?

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 39
Tinymariner
April 10, 2019, 9:32am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
As difficult as it is, I will be renewing come rain or shine. I love this club and will not abandon my support during this period and I fully respect anyone else’s alternative feelings or beliefs. I believe MJ should be allowed another half season at least to fully see his ideas out. UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 39
1mickylyons
April 10, 2019, 10:20am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from ginnywings

Glad you posted this mate I likewise havent been since the Cambridge game and can`t even give my ST away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 39
marinerdazza
April 10, 2019, 10:25am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,856
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Mariner Timsky

Will that change if we end the season on a 13 game winless run?

No. Why would it? Guardiola wouldn't make any difference if he's given a rotten budget to work with.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 39
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 10, 2019, 10:30am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from marinerdazza

No. Why would it? Guardiola wouldn't make any difference if he's given a rotten budget to work with.

Well a swap would be interesting!  

Do you reckon that Jolley could win the CL for Man City if he was there with Guardiola‘s budget?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fishy Torpor

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.