marinerdazza
April 10, 2019, 11:05am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,848
Gold Stars: 82

Well a swap would be interesting!  

Do you reckon that Jolley could win the CL for Man City if he was there with Guardiola‘s budget?

Could be a good premise for a Channel 4 "changing places" type programme...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 39
GrimRob
April 10, 2019, 1:32pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Are we making progress or slowly sliding downwards? I can see us finishing below the 18th we managed last year.

Hurst/Bignot 14th
Bignot/Slade/Jolley 18th
Jolley ??

This season has had its moments, but so have the others.

The decline is mirrored in the attendances

2016-2017 5,259
2017-2018 4,658
2018-2019 4,511

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 39
horsforthmariner
April 10, 2019, 1:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,610
Gold Stars: 9
This season has been better than last. The reason it's quiet is because we have absolutely nothing to play for. This was always going to be a transitional season so here are the positives:

1. Jolley has shipped out a lot of dross and the replacements (on the whole) are a step up.
2. We've blooded a fair few youngsters and we have a pretty young age profile.
3. Since about October we've not worried about relegation, i've not been frantically checking other scores as I was last season.
4. This season, and particularly at the moment, has given Jolley the opportunity to try things. it might not work now but if it benefits us next season then frankly I'm all for ir.
5. We've had a decent cup run that will have put a bit of cash in the coffers.

I'm struggling to go at the moment because of work but roll on August, I get the feeling next season could be ace!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 39
Mariner Timsky
April 10, 2019, 1:55pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
I'm reporting this post

Far too positive for the fishy

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 39
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 10, 2019, 2:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from horsforthmariner
This season has been better than last. The reason it's quiet is because we have absolutely nothing to play for. This was always going to be a transitional season so here are the positives:

1. Jolley has shipped out a lot of dross and the replacements (on the whole) are a step up.
2. We've blooded a fair few youngsters and we have a pretty young age profile.
3. Since about October we've not worried about relegation, i've not been frantically checking other scores as I was last season.
4. This season, and particularly at the moment, has given Jolley the opportunity to try things. it might not work now but if it benefits us next season then frankly I'm all for ir.
5. We've had a decent cup run that will have put a bit of cash in the coffers.

I'm struggling to go at the moment because of work but roll on August, I get the feeling next season could be ace!

You are really unlucky to have been working. You missed all the huge entertainment of an incredibly exciting transitional season. Judging by the way the gates are going there must be quite a few more unlucky people who are suddenly having to work and can’t go to BP either.  

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 39
horsforthmariner
April 10, 2019, 2:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,610
Gold Stars: 9
[quote=657]

You are really unlucky to have been working. You missed all the huge entertainment of an incredibly exciting transitional season. Judging by the way the gates are going there must be quite a few more unlucky people who are suddenly having to work and can’t go to BP either.  

The last game I went to was Oldham away and we very average so I get why people are so annoyed but I think we've got to be realistic. Even against Oldham we were far superior than we were under Slade.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 39
KingstonMariner
April 10, 2019, 11:14pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GrimRob
Are we making progress or slowly sliding downwards? I can see us finishing below the 18th we managed last year.

Hurst/Bignot/Slade 14th
Slade/Jolley 18th
Jolley ??

This season has had its moments, but so have the others.

The decline is mirrored in the attendances

2016-2017 5,259
2017-2018 4,658
2018-2019 4,511

If you're right (and I corrected the list of managers/season) if it proves anything it's that we should change manager more frequently  

The club has squandered the boost it had from Operation Promotion.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 39
GrimRob
April 11, 2019, 10:11pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from KingstonMariner

If you're right (and I corrected the list of managers/season) if it proves anything it's that we should change manager more frequently  

The club has squandered the boost it had from Operation Promotion.

Operation Promotion seems a long time ago, so long I have even got the order of managers within the intervening seasons slightly wrong!

Unless we have a promotion campaign soon then gates are going to drift and when the season is over in March. Problem is we've been spoilt with all those seasons getting in the playoffs.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 39
Mariner93er
April 11, 2019, 10:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
It'd be interesting to see how often fans come away from our games and can say they were entertained. Not often I'd suggest. I don't see Jolley lasting long. His talk hasn't matched the tactics, and any manager who persists with a 5-3-2 is setting themselves up to fall as far as I'm concerned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 39
1mickylyons
April 12, 2019, 11:32am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Mariner93er
It'd be interesting to see how often fans come away from our games and can say they were entertained. Not often I'd suggest. I don't see Jolley lasting long. His talk hasn't matched the tactics, and any manager who persists with a 5-3-2 is setting themselves up to fall as far as I'm concerned.

Not enough goal threat from MJ teams especially at home in most games despite seemingly having some decent attacking options. The lack of game time for Vernam in particular at home baffles me he has looked along with Embleton to be our most creative player but pretty sure he is seen as a luxury player by MJ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fishy Torpor

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.