February 2, 2019, 9:23am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 30
Bogle?
Dropping down the leagues - Cardiff, Bham, Pompey
On loan to Pompey - so that fits in with MJ's "we might be able to make something happen in the future" cos it's not soemone on a 2/3 year deal perhaps?
It would be a striker I would think
Not Angol IMO - hardly a "fantastic signing"

But hate myself for picking a player who's played for us - not very imaginative!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 67
forza ivano
February 2, 2019, 9:48am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
2 people now mentioned mayle r who did go on loan to cov.wonder if he is still based around hull and is thinking of wanting to be more local? Still only 29. Presumably knows danny Collins from his Sunderland days
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 67
bawarmy
February 2, 2019, 11:09am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,009
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Mariner93er
David Meyler

I mentioned him on here in the summer and got more red crosses than a collector of Swiss flags
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 67
Mariner93er
February 2, 2019, 11:12am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
So 0?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 67
rancido
February 2, 2019, 1:05pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Bigdog

Forever the apologist for shite attendances and performances on the pitch over the past twenty years. Always comparing them to other smaller snapshots in our history when we were at our lowest ebb as justification. What is exclusive to the Fenty years are the lowest ebb of attendances and finishing positions in the football pyramid for the longest sustained period. Fucksake, there were plenty of periods when our attendances and finishing positions were higher too, but it seems to be not the done thing to do to point that out. Where we are is not acceptable, home crowds, positions in the league and the average standard of entertainment. Point out another eighteen year period in our history that matches the Fenty years for home attendances and league finishing positions. Nope there isn't one. The drop in attendances during the Buckley years matched those of pretty much every team in that period and was not exclusive to us as a club, yet many of those teams have recovered to make massive increases since then. Let's all wallow about and justify being mediocre because we were mediocre for the odd season in the past and forget all of the reasons why we've arrived at this sustained mediocrity. Bores the arsse of me this "living on past glories accusation" mentality. So self-defeating..

Who's apologising for low gates or shite performances over the last 20 years? Certainly not me. I'm just showing some statistics that demonstrate we have been down this path before but obviously not for such a long period. I want our club to succeed as much as the next fan but I don't keep banging on about it all being down to JF. As a point of interest JF only became Chairman in 2004 so for your 20 year period of failure the three previous chairmen , Carr, Everitt and Furneaux must surely shoulder some of the blame? If you don't like my differing view to yours on the subject and it " bores the arsse " off you then may I offer you a suggestion and don't read my posts. I  agree you do have a point of view on this subject and respect your ability to express that view. Therefore at least have the common courtesy to respect my view as much as it differs from yours.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 67
Mighty_Mariner
February 2, 2019, 1:47pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from bawarmy

I mentioned him on here in the summer and got more red crosses than a collector of Swiss flags

That'll be the white cross on the Swiss flag no?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 67
KingstonMariner
February 2, 2019, 4:26pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from monkeyboy
Attendances suffer also through cash, the town has a  low earning  population but the club want to charge premium prices. Its ok when the team are doing well and the part timers come out of the woodwork but when the chips are down they are nowhere to be seen.
The problem i find here is People know at the club the price doesn't match the wages in the area, they should know they made a fortune of the back of paying these people a minimum wage.
Im at work today in a fish factory from 4-30am to earn the money for the next home match because what i earn during the week only covers bills, i dont work today and the next game im sat listening to the radio.

That's a very good point.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 67
KingstonMariner
February 2, 2019, 4:27pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from bawarmy

Not very many then. Unlike my friend who collects England flags.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 67
forza ivano
February 2, 2019, 5:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
Marvin sordell was the target according to a rumour today. Tbh I'm glad we got Dennis!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › who is the " agonislingly Close" Nearly-

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.