Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 4,168 to Palace
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 232 Guests

4,168 to Palace

This thread currently has 47,453 views. Print
25 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
December 11, 2018, 10:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Meza
Work mate was saying gimps have requested 9000 tickets

ffs they are obsessed with us...you'd have thought they would have wanted to watch their own team wouldnt you ?  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 247
Abdul19
December 11, 2018, 10:57pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from KingstonMariner

If the whole stand has been set aside by Palace why don't GTFC just go hell for leather and sell as many tickets to whoever wants them. There's enough there to satisfy everyone and more besides. Keeps it simple. Everyone can sit with their mates and family (if they want to   ) and no one need worry about not getting hold of a ticket. We've not taken that many away (not counting finals) anywhere since Liverpool in 1980.

The Arthur Wait stand has one of those old style low pitched roofs which can help create a good atmosphere.

Aye quite, someone must have been up all night coming up with the system they're using!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 247
WetFlannel
December 11, 2018, 10:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
I always think there needs to be incentives for season ticket holders, however I’m not sure I agree in this specific instance. The entire stand is greyed out on their website, which means that, hypothetically, if we wanted them we could sell 9,000 (not that we would). At the very least, it would probably be wise to give ST holders a few days to buy tickets, but with a larger limit (perhaps 5 or 6) since I guarantee a few will want to go in bigger groups. Limiting it will only put people off (exiles thinking ‘I won’t know if I can get a ticket until a week before so won’t be able to plana trip to London around it’) etc. At Wembley we planned it really well, creating singing sections etc, knowing we would have in reality an infinite supply. It’s not quite the case of basically an entire national stadium here, but with a potential limit of 9,000, this could have been marketed as a ‘let’s take over South London’, instead it seems like they’re trying to limit it as much as possible. I appreciate they’re using it to market the Swindon game etc, but is it worth limiting the potential of this fixtures for the sake of what might sell a hundred or so tickets at most to Swindon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 247
KingstonMariner
December 11, 2018, 11:11pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from WetFlannel
I always think there needs to be incentives for season ticket holders, however I’m not sure I agree in this specific instance. The entire stand is greyed out on their website, which means that, hypothetically, if we wanted them we could sell 9,000 (not that we would). At the very least, it would probably be wise to give ST holders a few days to buy tickets, but with a larger limit (perhaps 5 or 6) since I guarantee a few will want to go in bigger groups. Limiting it will only put people off (exiles thinking ‘I won’t know if I can get a ticket until a week before so won’t be able to plana trip to London around it’) etc. At Wembley we planned it really well, creating singing sections etc, knowing we would have in reality an infinite supply. It’s not quite the case of basically an entire national stadium here, but with a potential limit of 9,000, this could have been marketed as a ‘let’s take over South London’, instead it seems like they’re trying to limit it as much as possible. I appreciate they’re using it to market the Swindon game etc, but is it worth limiting the potential of this fixtures for the sake of what might sell a hundred or so tickets at most to Swindon

Yep. When supply is really limited like at Lincoln, then first dibs to ST holders is a sound principle. Leaving general sale until 27th might put a few off, but more importantly there's less time for people to plan a trip (especially with a late kick off buggering things up) and there's less time for a head of steam to build up.

I'm alright, I'll have a ticket stub for Swindon and obviously not far to travel. Others won't. Worse things happen at sea, but this is unnecessarily complicated. The words urine-up and brewery spring to mind.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 247
December 11, 2018, 11:12pm
Guest User
Maybe the trust could have a word?  I’m not concerned as I know everyone who wants to go will get one but it might put a few people off with this ticketing system especially if we lose a couple of games (not wanting to sound negative).
The more people buying tickets earlier then the more interest it will generate. Also would show good PR for the club if they  are willing to listen and another step in the right direction.
Reply: 44 - 247
WetFlannel
December 12, 2018, 1:12am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
The ‘buzz’ does make a difference, and having people excitedly snapping up tickets instead of anxiously waiting over two weeks would make a difference. You might have a few more saying ‘well okay my mates are all going together I may as well go with’. I know I’ll be able to get a ticket so I’m not bothered from that regards I just think the club is missing a trick. It would be good if the Trust did say something. Hell even going on general sale a week earlier than its set at now would be an improvement. As it stands it’s a case of ‘are you going?’ ‘Yeah might do when do tickets go on sale’
‘Well...’ by the time you get to the end of the specific terms whoever you were speaking to will probably have zoned out hahaha
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 247
Cloudy
December 12, 2018, 6:49am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Is there anyone who believes the club have got this right?

Even at a push give season ticket holders first dibs for say Sat-Monday then general sale. I can only assume the ticket office have a string of Christmas Parties and don’t want to work too hard in the run up to Christmas OR this has been imposed on them!
Either way I don’t think it helps fans nor the relationship, just annoys large numbers of supporters both regulars and the floating ones

All IMHO of course
UTM
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 247
lukeo
December 12, 2018, 7:59am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
If they're leaving the whole stand empty incase by some miracle we sell thousands then it is a bit strange the way they've set it up m I get that ST holders and everyone should get priority. Not just for garentuee of a ticket but atleast to be able to go in a shorter queue than their would be if everyone can get tickets
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 247
Mariner Timsky
December 12, 2018, 8:15am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
That's the only reason I can think of that they haven't gone straight on General Sale, is that the ticket office staff will not be able to cope, , so its staggered like it is, , ,  but hey plenty to go round, , , I think we should make them panic and all wait till the general sale date!!!  

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 247
Bigdog
December 12, 2018, 9:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
That's the only reason I can think of that they haven't gone straight on General Sale, is that the ticket office staff will not be able to cope, , so its staggered like it is, , ,  but hey plenty to go round, , , I think we should make them panic and all wait till the general sale date!!!  

Well they can only serve one person per member of staff at once and have made a rod for their own backs by limiting to one or two tickets per person and the rigmarole of checking stubs etc..

Much quicker and easier selling 100 tickets to ten people than 100 tickets to 70. Less staff time, less waiting time, everyone's a winner..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 247
25 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 4,168 to Palace

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.