Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 196 Guests

4,168 to Palace

This thread currently has 47,255 views. Print
25 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
marinerrick
December 12, 2018, 9:06am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +52
It's a busy time of year for general public. People will want to make arrangements for family kids etc. Before they go back to school, work etc etc. People will generally finish work for Christmas the weekend before. People may be busy in between Christmas and New year visiting family and friends and therefore may not be able to get down to BP to get tickets. If ST/SST/MT holders were to have for the sake of arguments this Saturday until Tuesday or Wednesday then general sale after that, I think that would make a big difference. Anyway UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 247
barralad
December 12, 2018, 11:29am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,197
Gold Stars: 121
I've read through this thread in its entirety and I think there are many good points made. All I can add is that the Trust received loads of complaints after the Doncaster fiasco of two years ago when ST holders were allowed 4 tickets each meaning the original allocation went within a couple of days. We took these to the club and they promised it wouldn't happen again. The lesson to be learned maybe is that it is an impossible task to satisfy everyone. I'm sure everyone will get a ticket somehow....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 247
Davec
December 12, 2018, 11:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Somebody who I know has a season ticket but their stub C was taken out by the ticket office for Chesterfield game and when they rang ticket office today to tell them that they basically got told that's their problem and they would have to buy a Swindon ticket and wait until then, despite having a season ticket! What a mess this is
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 247
Bigdog
December 12, 2018, 12:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from barralad
I've read through this thread in its entirety and I think there are many good points made. All I can add is that the Trust received loads of complaints after the Doncaster fiasco of two years ago when ST holders were allowed 4 tickets each meaning the original allocation went within a couple of days. We took these to the club and they promised it wouldn't happen again. The lesson to be learned maybe is that it is an impossible task to satisfy everyone. I'm sure everyone will get a ticket somehow....

It was a good thing that the Trust took the complaints to the club re Doncaster, but a finite allocation at a local game at Doncaster compared to an unachievable total allocation of more than double that, five times further away in South London without the benefit of on the day train travel and ticket purchasing over the Xmas and New Year bank holiday periods is massively different. With all these rules in place, do the club think we could oversell the whole away end of nearly 10k? Of course not, it's sledgehammer cracking a walnut time. Where is the common sense and where is the reasoned analysis to get to this overcomplicated mess? I'm abroad so won't be going but I'm having my say on this because I want my club to operate on a better level than it does with its fanbase so the club can grow, progress and be more successful than it it is, and even though most fans will easily get tickets for some it will be an added and unnecessary complication. Jesus, how difficult can the club make it in the instance. A simple job of selling 3, 4, 5, 6k tickets to fans in reasonable time and with as little impact on their lives made a whole lot harder, and for what? Customer service should be the highest of priorities at the club and shouldn't be hidden behind events from a totally different scenario. Everyone will get a ticket somehow and many with added difficulty, so it really does make people question the club's ability of thought processing sometimes. The Palace ticket allocation was an easy task to satisfy everyone, and that open goal was missed..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 247
1mickylyons
December 12, 2018, 12:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,262
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from Bigdog

It was a good thing that the Trust took the complaints to the club re Doncaster, but a finite allocation at a local game at Doncaster compared to an unachievable total allocation of more than double that, five times further away in South London without the benefit of on the day train travel and ticket purchasing over the Xmas and New Year bank holiday periods is massively different. With all these rules in place, do the club think we could oversell the whole away end of nearly 10k? Of course not, it's sledgehammer cracking a walnut time. Where is the common sense and where is the reasoned analysis to get to this overcomplicated mess? I'm abroad so won't be going but I'm having my say on this because I want my club to operate on a better level than it does with its fanbase so the club can grow, progress and be more successful than it it is, and even though most fans will easily get tickets for some it will be an added and unnecessary complication. Jesus, how difficult can the club make it in the instance. A simple job of selling 3, 4, 5, 6k tickets to fans in reasonable time and with as little impact on their lives made a whole lot harder, and for what? Customer service should be the highest of priorities at the club and shouldn't be hidden behind events from a totally different scenario. Everyone will get a ticket somehow and many with added difficulty, so it really does make people question the club's ability of thought processing sometimes. The Palace ticket allocation was an easy task to satisfy everyone, and that open goal was missed..

I am suprised that STH never get much understanding from a lot of non STH it`s absolutely right they get first dibs in my opinion due to their financial outlay before a ball is kicked. After that MT members and Flexi ticket holders have been promised something for their trouble and have been elevated over general sale again I totally support that. The other key thing here is initial allocation of 4100 in the very unlikely event they all sell more will be sent.God forbid Town win and draw a Prem team at home with only around 6.5k home seats up for grabs I will have my feet up with a bucket of popcorn for that reading the fishy
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 247
Bigdog
December 12, 2018, 1:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/december/crystal-palace-ticket-information/

Changed date for general sale. Hats off to the club for listening.

Maybe one or two future young Mariners supporters will open up a present on Xmas morning with Palace tickets in it, be excited all Xmas, create a buzz amongst their friends and convert to being a lifelong supporter during the game..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 247
Mariner Timsky
December 12, 2018, 1:06pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Bigdog
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/december/crystal-palace-ticket-information/

Changed date for general sale. Hats off to the club for listening.

Maybe one or two future young Mariners supporters will open up a present on Xmas morning with Palace tickets in it, be excited all Xmas, create a buzz amongst their friends and convert to being a lifelong supporter during the game..

and the Fishy wins again!!

Can we go back to my original post and whats the last time we took such numbers to London?? Are we going with Arsenal, 2001??

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 247
1mickylyons
December 12, 2018, 1:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,262
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from Mariner Timsky

Can we go back to my original post and whats the last time we took such numbers to London?? Are we going with Arsenal, 2001??

Yes but this might get to Wimbledon type numbers with a bit of a push
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 247
Cloudy
December 12, 2018, 1:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Mariner Timsky

Dont give yourselves too much credit
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 247
Mariner Timsky
December 12, 2018, 1:15pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
Anything over 4K will be an incredible effort all round - especially with it being right after xmas n all

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 247
25 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.