supertown
October 23, 2018, 1:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,440
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Chrisblor
Can someone summarise the deleted post please? What a bloody member tease.

There was no mention of money in the posts, pretty much the opposite actually. Basically , he was offered a two and half year deal halfway through the season didn’t sign it because he didnt know what league we would be in , then in the summer they offered him a 1 yr deal instead. Turned it down and they pretty much didn’t recontact him to negotiate . He needed more security and felt unwanted by the manager and chairman so moved on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 65
davmariner
October 23, 2018, 1:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
I don't think Ascend's conversation with Amond told us anything we didn't already know about how our club is run.

I blame this on PH who saw fit not to offer Podge a two-year deal but then gave Scott Vernon a two-year deal based on a trial game against Gainsborough Trinity. Whilst PH has found himself in the Championship, I think his judgement is far from perfect.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 65
Chrisblor
October 23, 2018, 1:38pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,790
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from supertown

There was no mention of money in the posts, pretty much the opposite actually. Basically , he was offered a two and half year deal halfway through the season didn’t sign it because he didnt know what league we would be in , then in the summer they offered him a 1 yr deal instead. Turned it down and they pretty much didn’t recontact him to negotiate . He needed more security and felt unwanted by the manager and chairman so moved on

Cheers. Dunno what Ascend is playing at in here - that information about deal lengths was all common knowledge and was previously commented on publicly by Amond.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 65
Cloudy
October 23, 2018, 1:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from supertown

Interesting because at the time Hurst claimed to be calling Podge constantly without success. When he did finally get a response Podge said his agent was sorting it, a few days later he signed for the Monkeyhangers.

Few will believe Hurst over Podge I guess but there are always 2 sides to a story!!
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 65
Garth
October 23, 2018, 1:48pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from davmariner
I don't think Ascend's conversation with Amond told us anything we didn't already know about how our club is run.

I blame this on PH who saw fit not to offer Podge a two-year deal but then gave Scott Vernon a two-year deal based on a trial game against Gainsborough Trinity. Whilst PH has found himself in the Championship, I think his judgement is far from perfect.

Short brief visit according to them in the know at Ipswich, on his way out soon to be replaced by Bruce
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 65
psgmariner
October 23, 2018, 1:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Garth

Short brief visit according to them in the know at Ipswich, on his way out soon to be replaced by Bruce

Hurst then Bruce and certain relegation. Norwich fans must be loving life.

Private Message
Reply: 55 - 65
TownSNAFU5
October 23, 2018, 2:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
At the time there were reservations by the Board and/or Hurst that Amond might not score many goals in Div 2.  This could have coloured their thinking.  There was a comment at the top of this thread that Amond did not score many goals against the best NL teams.

Personally, I do not give any merit to these reservations - but can see how others might do so at GTFC (even if they are wrong).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 65
Tommy
October 23, 2018, 4:01pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
At the time there were reservations by the Board and/or Hurst that Amond might not score many goals in Div 2.  This could have coloured their thinking.  There was a comment at the top of this thread that Amond did not score many goals against the best NL teams.

Personally, I do not give any merit to these reservations - but can see how others might do so at GTFC (even if they are wrong).

I hope not. The board shouldn't be having such input into how the Manager builds his squad.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 65
AussieMariner
October 23, 2018, 4:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Garth

Just had a KFC moment (Ker F—-ing Ching)
Got Ipswich in the Fishy Pontoon Buster 😎
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 65
Cloudy
October 23, 2018, 6:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from 120790
Someone has pm’d me asking to share the info from Podge again, which contained far more than what has tried to be summarised by those who read it.

But, to save people slaughtering me, I’m gonna leave it

Seems it is more about you that anything else tbh
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Podge

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.