Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 299 Guests

Podge

This thread currently has 10,388 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
October 23, 2018, 4:11am
Guest User
Quoted from mirrorballman
Podge is fairly clear he didn't want that shared. I think you should remove the posts.

I will happily delete if people think I should. As I said, it’s been ages now since it all occurred and so probably doesn’t matter anymore

It’s only the sort of stuff that one of them is likely to put in their book one day so to speak. There’s certainly nothing libellous in any of it. Merely the words of a former player, cut and pasted. Words that he was prepared to put in blAck and white to a supporter.

Bye the way, as can be seen in the very first message, at no time did he ever ask first if I would keep it quiet before then volunteering lots of info. Merely a request not to share it, at the same time as then telling all of that finer detail. He took a chance when deciding to type all of that and share it. As I’ve said, part of me thinks he actually wanted me to spill the content at that time, in a way that got his side of the story out there indirectly. But as it happened I said nothing at all when it was a hot subject, even though I wanted to.

When that first message came through I might easily of replied “hey hold on, you can’t expect me not to say anything having told me all of that Podge. Perhaps you should have checked first”.

He is perhaps very fortunate that I’ve kept council about this for as long as I did. He’s a professional after all and was very naive sebding all of that in his first message to someone he didn’t know. Especially to someone who works in the publishing world.

If I felt that in the advent of time it shouldn’t be shared, then I wouldn’t have done so. They are his words and opinions, not mine.
Reply: 20 - 65
October 23, 2018, 4:43am
Guest User
Quoted from 120790

I will happily delete if people think I should. As I said, it’s been ages now since it all occurred and so probably doesn’t matter anymore

It’s only the sort of stuff that one of them is likely to put in their book one day so to speak. There’s certainly nothing libellous in any of it. Merely the words of a former player, cut and pasted. Words that he was prepared to put in blAck and white to a supporter.

Bye the way, as can be seen in the very first message, at no time did he ever ask first if I would keep it quiet before then volunteering lots of info. Merely a request not to share it, at the same time as then telling all of that finer detail. He took a chance when deciding to type all of that and share it. As I’ve said, part of me thinks he actually wanted me to spill the content at that time, in a way that got his side of the story out there indirectly. But as it happened I said nothing at all when it was a hot subject, even though I wanted to.

When that first message came through I might easily of replied “hey hold on, you can’t expect me not to say anything having told me all of that Podge. Perhaps you should have checked first”.

He is perhaps very fortunate that I’ve kept council about this for as long as I did. He’s a professional after all and was very naive sebding all of that in his first message to someone he didn’t know. Especially to someone who works in the publishing world.

If I felt that in the advent of time it shouldn’t be shared, then I wouldn’t have done so. They are his words and opinions, not mine.

I’ve deleted the posts now containing the words of Podge. I guess now that only a few on here from late last night to the early hours of this morning, will know the content. They can choose to recall it as accurately as they can if they ever wish to.
Reply: 21 - 65
Abdul19
October 23, 2018, 6:39am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,560
Gold Stars: 216
Looking back, I think the 14/15 vintage were a better team, but they didn't win anything! (thanks to a ref)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 65
Cloudy
October 23, 2018, 6:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
FFS!
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 65
mirrorballman
October 23, 2018, 7:56am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +552
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from 120790

I’ve deleted the posts now containing the words of Podge. I guess now that only a few on here from late last night to the early hours of this morning, will know the content. They can choose to recall it as accurately as they can if they ever wish to.

I see what you mean about him perhaps sharing it with the intention of being leaked but would he need to do that? He could speak to the press and leak it that way.

Also, in his second message, he thanked you for not sharing the first as it would "open a can of worms" for all parties. I know it was two years ago but he's still playing, Hurst is still managing and maybe his agent still has to deal with GTFC on other players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 65
Rick12
October 23, 2018, 8:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
I liked him as a player.

Nice to see he said good things about Grimsby.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 65
dapperz fun pub
October 23, 2018, 8:07am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
I missed the post but my thought is Podge thought fenty was tight .. anywhere near ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 65
moosey_club
October 23, 2018, 8:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
I missed the post but my thought is Podge thought fenty was tight .. anywhere near ?

No...it was all to do with Wayne Burnett allegedly shagging his wife and Steve Foley was suspected of burgling his house while he was at Peaks Lane doing extra training....pretty sure that was it. .....and with all that going on it was no wonder Dave Beasant could go unnoticed to terrorise the alleyways and women of Cleethorpes in a balaclava

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 65
golfer
October 23, 2018, 8:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
Shouldn't have been put on here in the first place. Several of us know about things that have happened in the past-brown envelopes etc but these shouldn't be broadcast. If a person shares something with you and asks you not to broadcast then his wishes should be honoured.  P.S. "Do you want to know a secret ?"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 65
golfer
October 23, 2018, 8:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from moosey_club

No...it was all to do with Wayne Burnett allegedly shagging his wife and Steve Foley was suspected of burgling his house while he was at Peaks Lane doing extra training....pretty sure that was it. .....and with all that going on it was no wonder Dave Beasant could go unnoticed to terrorise the alleyways and women of Cleethorpes in a balaclava

Wish you'd posted this earlier. A few years ago I was down an alley off Cosgrove Street having a wee and this guy in football boots  goalkeepers jersey and wearing a black balaclava brushed past. I didn't think anything of it at the time but your post has brought things back. Could this have been him- nothing unusual on it's own but he wasn't wearing shorts
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Podge

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.