Bigdog
October 18, 2018, 10:17am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Cloudy
Are the new Lincoln investors buying shares or are they loans?
What return are they expecting or are they just making donations because of their love of the Imps?

I'm fairly sure they are investing by way of buying shares..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 55
diehardmariner
October 18, 2018, 10:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,601
Gold Stars: 538

Whilst I sort of see the similarities with Hurts leaving - I think we are better placed, crowds/Finances than you were when Hurst left. But I suppose the main difference is your chairman.

There's no doubting that.  But it doesn't guarantee a decent appointment.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 55
lew chaterleys lover
October 18, 2018, 10:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Great stuff for Lincoln. I am pleased for them; it just shows what our esteemed leader says is a load of old codswallop.

Lincoln is historically a small club - by most (all) markers smaller than GTFC but they have made good decisions, involved the right people and are clearly going in the right direction.

Even a small club which is well run can have great success, but we sadly have the worst of all worlds with an ego-driven owner who cannot attract anybody to invest, and the natural consequence of that is stagnation.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 55
nealeardleyscrossing
October 18, 2018, 11:00am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -322
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from diehardmariner

There's no doubting that.  But it doesn't guarantee a decent appointment.

Of course not, think that counts at any level. I don't know, but I would imagine they would promote from within.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 55
nealeardleyscrossing
October 18, 2018, 11:01am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -322
Gold Stars: 4
Great stuff for Lincoln. I am pleased for them; it just shows what our esteemed leader says is a load of old codswallop.

Lincoln is historically a small club - by most (all) markers smaller than GTFC but they have made good decisions, involved the right people and are clearly going in the right direction.

Even a small club which is well run can have great success, but we sadly have the worst of all worlds with an ego-driven owner who cannot attract anybody to invest, and the natural consequence of that is stagnation.

Do you think he spurns investment?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 55
Mariner_09
October 18, 2018, 11:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
I am genuinely envious of Lincoln for the first time ever. In many ways it’s irrelevant debating whether or not they stick with the Cowleys when the going eventually gets tough as Lincoln will be such an attractive proposition to any manager that they’ll have a huge pool of talent to choose from. Contrast that to us, when Jolley goes we’ll have the usual pool of journeymen who are past it and all the young unknowns. When we were actually half-attractive (when Hursty left) we blew it by appointing that fruitloop Bignot. Then we were on the up, had some good players, were near the top of the table and the club and fans were in decent harmony. We blew that opportunity and now look at us, we must be one of the most “no way Pedro” clubs in the league!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 55
ska face
October 18, 2018, 11:19am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,653
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from Impish2

the new investors don't expect to get anything back in return apart from investing in the football club.

LOL!

Mental.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 55
lew chaterleys lover
October 18, 2018, 12:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236

Do you think he spurns investment?

I am sure he would welcome investment - on his terms!

I think the die is cast and his method of working and running the club is not attractive to other possible investors, despite us being one of the bigger league 2 clubs.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 55
Northbank Mariner
October 18, 2018, 12:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Someone pass me a sharp pin, my jealousy makes me want to burst their bubble.....as I wipe a tear from eye, swallow past a lump in my throat, I hear myself saying...
"Why on earth do we not have a board like theirs, a chairman who's proactive, not reactive and recognises that when the tide is turning things look brighter, who's riding the crest of a wave and making hay while the sun is shining"....
Instead, we've got he who's name I will not mention, who couldn't organise an orgy in a brothel and thinks changing a light bulb in a floodlight is his way of doing something right for the club....
Time for change.....but who will ever, ever invest into the sh!tshow that is currently GTFCs board!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 55
Bristol Mariner
October 18, 2018, 12:49pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79

It is surprising though that 40 miles away you can't get investment and we can, do you all genuinely think it just down to Fenty..

Er, yes it is.

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › More Investment At Lincoln

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.