6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
October 17, 2018, 10:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I think that makes it around seventeen new investors in the past two years. Bet it's a nightmare down there having to discuss and agree on so many new ideas and plans for the future and also having to agree on what to spend the cash on..

Thank god we haven't got that sort of nonsense up here at BP..

https://www.lincolnshirelive.c.....tm_campaign=sharebar
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
October 17, 2018, 10:57pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Bigdog
I think that makes it around seventeen new investors in the past two years. Bet it's a nightmare down there having to discuss and agree on so many new ideas and plans for the future and also having to agree what to spend the cash on..

Ah but, no one wants to invest in an unfashionable club like Lincoln Grimsby.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 55
LH
October 18, 2018, 1:06am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
If Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Saddam Hussein, Darth Vader, Nigel Farage, Cinderella’s step mum, an assortment of upturned plugs on a darkened landing floor when you’re awake at 3 in the morning needing the bog and Mrs Brown joined to form a consortium to buy our board out I’d bite their hands off.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 55
October 18, 2018, 4:58am
Guest User
Quoted from LH
If Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Saddam Hussein, Darth Vader, Nigel Farage, Cinderella’s step mum, an assortment of upturned plugs on a darkened landing floor when you’re awake at 3 in the morning needing the bog and Mrs Brown joined to form a consortium to buy our board out I’d bite their hands off.

Putting Darth Vader in charge of PR would be a massive improvement imo....
Reply: 3 - 55
HertsGTFC
October 18, 2018, 6:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,630
Gold Stars: 217
Money builds momentum momentum builds money.

Clearly Clive Nates has his own cash but more importantly he has something the Gang of Four don’t have - ambition. In my view if you choose to sit at the top table (and it was their choice) you can be forgiven for not having one but get all you deserve for not having the other.

The “custodians” of GTFC need to look up the word regression...... now I better “shut up”.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 55
Swansea_Mariner
October 18, 2018, 7:43am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
I hope this gets brought up at the next fans forum, our director's best efforts to bring in investment appears to be looking through their LinkedIn contact list.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 55
promotion plaice
October 18, 2018, 8:00am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
Quoted from Bigdog
I think that makes it around seventeen new investors in the past two years. Bet it's a nightmare down there having to discuss and agree on so many new ideas and plans for the future and also having to agree on what to spend the cash on..

It all sounds too good to be true at the moment at Lincoln, I wonder if these investors will stick around when the Cowley's move on and things aren't going so well.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 55
Helgy
October 18, 2018, 8:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
We struggled to bring in investment until Clive came in before the success happened.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 55
nealeardleyscrossing
October 18, 2018, 8:11am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -347
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from promotion plaice

It all sounds too good to be true at the moment at Lincoln, I wonder if these investors will stick around when the Cowley's move on and things aren't going so well.

Everything we do financially is so we aren't dependent on the Cowley's.
If and when they leave we will be picking managers from a better pot.

It is surprising though that 40 miles away you can't get investment and we can, do you all genuinely think it just down to Fenty..

Didn't he say that Grimsby were a bigger club than Lincoln, I'd like to know what he thinks to that now? Our crowds have been consistent for 3 years now. Despite the banter if Grimsby were  successful at the moment our games would be the best derby in the lower leagues.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 55
dapperz fun pub
October 18, 2018, 8:13am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Helgy
We struggled to bring in investment until Clive came in before the success happened.

It’s a easy sell trying to get investment when top of the league BUT can the Cowleys get you to the championship ? For me the answer is no , not because of failure more because I think they will get offered big money down south and go
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 55
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › More Investment At Lincoln

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.