This thread currently has 14,350 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Johnnyc66
October 19, 2018, 4:11pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +66
Quoted from Mariner_09
I am genuinely envious of Lincoln for the first time ever. In many ways it’s irrelevant debating whether or not they stick with the Cowleys when the going eventually gets tough as Lincoln will be such an attractive proposition to any manager that they’ll have a huge pool of talent to choose from. Contrast that to us, when Jolley goes we’ll have the usual pool of journeymen who are past it and all the young unknowns. When we were actually half-attractive (when Hursty left) we blew it by appointing that fruitloop Bignot. Then we were on the up, had some good players, were near the top of the table and the club and fans were in decent harmony. We blew that opportunity and now look at us, we must be one of the most “no way Pedro” clubs in the league!

We blew it before Hurst left
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 55
Cayman_mariner
October 19, 2018, 5:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 3
And spunked away the Bogle money too!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 55
Impish2
October 19, 2018, 5:31pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +55
Quoted from Elgringo87
I did hear a rumour from a few lincoln fans last night that once the red arrows are moved from scampton they are goin to make the raf an offer for the land for the new stadium probably no a bad move for them really considering there new training  ground is smack opposite raf scampton and the academy is based 50 yards down the road at riseholme college , as much as we moan about them ,they have some ambition over there and good luck to them I’m only Intrested in gtfc

Looking like the only two options are to move to the new Skewridge Western Growth corridor site or to stay and try to redevelop SB. Bob was more in favour of moving but since the new chairman and board have had more of a look at things we might still stay where we are. Either will mean an inner city ground though and that seems to be the favoured plan rather than about of town new build. Most fans would rather stay put tbh.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 55
Gaffer58
October 19, 2018, 5:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Not living in Grimsby/Cleethorpes so don't know all the ins and outs of what's happening but my suggestions to bring investment into the area would be, get the tech col( or what ever it's called) to become affiliated to a university, either Hull  or Lincoln, this brings students into the area to live and spend, the other is to make the port the hub of the renewable industry.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 55
Yoda
October 19, 2018, 10:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,161
Gold Stars: 71
The renewables Dong energy invest in Clee Town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 55
KingstonMariner
October 19, 2018, 11:03pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Gaffer58
Not living in Grimsby/Cleethorpes so don't know all the ins and outs of what's happening but my suggestions to bring investment into the area would be, get the tech col( or what ever it's called) to become affiliated to a university, either Hull  or Lincoln, this brings students into the area to live and spend, the other is to make the port the hub of the renewable industry.

That is so 1990s.

The other thing will just mean a few well off Danes and a few ex-fishermen. Wait, they're all too old now, so a few more Danes or maybe a few Spaniards.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › More Investment At Lincoln

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.