August 23, 2018, 9:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Bullet dodged big style there...
MJ has a great way with media, I do think anyone would get sick of hearing the same questions asked at every press conference and he bats it off nicely but at some point he will snap and that clam.demeanour will explode...would love to know if he gets in the players faces and gives them rock all or stays calm and collective whilst giving them a right royal rollockibg, which, in fairness, none of our players would have deserved on recent performances

Listen to the Joey Barton podcast with Sean Dyche. It is one of the best sports interviews I've ever listened to. Basically Dyche conducts psychometric profiles of his squad to help him establish how to get the best out of them. It wouldn't surprise me if this is something Jolley has done.

Some players may need a rocket up their behinds
Some players may excel knowing they are considered a leader (hence the leadership group maybe?)
Some players may not react well to messages from the manager but respond much better to them from another member of management or a player.

Ultimately, management is about knowing how to get the best out of every member of your team and executing it effectively.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 42
MuddyWaters
August 23, 2018, 9:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Listen to the Joey Barton podcast with Sean Dyche. It is one of the best sports interviews I've ever listened to. Basically Dyche conducts psychometric profiles of his squad to help him establish how to get the best out of them. It wouldn't surprise me if this is something Jolley has done.

Some players may need a rocket up their behinds
Some players may excel knowing they are considered a leader (hence the leadership group maybe?)
Some players may not react well to messages from the manager but respond much better to them from another member of management or a player.

Ultimately, management is about knowing how to get the best out of every member of your team and executing it effectively.

Maybe, when he's done it with the players, he could do it with the board  
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 42
jamesgtfc
August 23, 2018, 10:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Maybe, when he's done it with the players, he could do it with the board  

I wonder how Jolley would react to Fenty pulling him by his tie.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Joley  post match

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.