5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
August 22, 2018, 1:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
What i like is that we now play recognisable football. The FGR game was clearly an anomaly, which was swiftly put right, and i feel entertained by the team. I can see what they are trying to do, and it is starting to work.

In fact, i think we are looking better than i imagined we would, sooner than i imagined, and the fact we are creating chances against good sides is a good sign. Just need to start taking those chances more regularly, and it looks like Thomas will only help in that regard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 42
1mickylyons
August 22, 2018, 1:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from ginnywings
What i like is that we now play recognisable football. The FGR game was clearly an anomaly, which was swiftly put right, and i feel entertained by the team. I can see what they are trying to do, and it is starting to work.

In fact, i think we are looking better than i imagined we would, sooner than i imagined, and the fact we are creating chances against good sides is a good sign. Just need to start taking those chances more regularly, and it looks like Thomas will only help in that regard.

Is it to soon to ask mate do you wish you had gotten a ST?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 42
ginnywings
August 22, 2018, 1:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Is it to soon to ask mate do you wish you had gotten a ST?

No, not really. I will still be at most, if not all the games. I just felt so cheated last season, that it didn't feel right to me to buy one this season. I have no axe to grind with those that did buy one, and luckily, money is not an issue for me, so the club will end up making more from me anyway. I just felt that they needed to make me want to go, instead of me going out of blind faith, which I've been doing for many years. Just my opinion, and so far so good. I like what i'm seeing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 42
1mickylyons
August 22, 2018, 1:34pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from ginnywings

No, not really. I will still be at most, if not all the games. I just felt so cheated last season, that it didn't feel right to me to buy one this season. I have no axe to grind with those that did buy one, and luckily, money is not an issue for me, so the club will end up making more from me anyway. I just felt that they needed to make me want to go, instead of me going out of blind faith, which I've been doing for many years. Just my opinion, and so far so good. I like what i'm seeing.

As you know I got one after not renewing previously due to Slade and though early days I feel finally we are heading in the right direction again under MJ and the ST looks good value for money at long last.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 42
chipsandgravy
August 22, 2018, 1:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +3,538
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from ginnywings

I think Thomas could be a great signing for us and maybe the bit that's missing. Quietly impressed with his cameo performances so far in that he looks an intelligent player with experience. Feel we are also managing him into the team correctly and not putting to much pressure and expectation on him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 42
psgmariner
August 22, 2018, 1:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Sure this is bollox but the blokes near me in the upper findus we’re discussing M.J. and his father’s huge financial resources and how they were planning to invest in the club.

Private Message
Reply: 15 - 42
Cloudy
August 22, 2018, 1:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from psgmariner
Sure this is bollox but the blokes near me in the upper findus we’re discussing M.J. and his father’s huge financial resources and how they were planning to invest in the club.

Heard the same over the last couple of months but am not aware of any substance to the rumours.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 42
Mighty_Mariner
August 22, 2018, 1:51pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Cloudy

Heard the same over the last couple of months but am not aware of any substance to the rumours.

I've so heard something very similar.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 42
Hagrid
August 22, 2018, 1:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 507
Quoted from ginnywings

do you want to be my new best friend ginny !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 42
Rick12
August 22, 2018, 2:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from forza ivano
one of his more revealing post match interviews I thought.

Even more convinced than I ever was that at last fenty may have fluked making an inspired choice
Certainly has a impressive CV in non sporting and sporting qualifications .

Perhaps only thing that lets him down is his lack of playing experience .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Joley  post match

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.