jonnyboy82
August 5, 2018, 9:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
44 fvcking 2 .

What is it with this club and managers refusing to play a 442 with wingers to attack ? Its proved succesful in promotion for teams out this league year on year yet we refuse to play it , if we do we insist on playing central midfielders out there.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 54
Mrs Doyle
August 5, 2018, 9:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Just throw this one in for the snowflakes on here.

To the tune of burning ring of fire, this summed up my feelings of yesterday.

DA DA DA DUD DA DA DA DA DA DA DA.....................G.T.F.C.

DA DA DA DUD DA DA DA DA DA DA DA......................S.H.I.T LOL

Go on do your worst with the red crosses ya know you want to lol.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 54
Tommy
August 5, 2018, 10:20am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from jonnyboy82
44 fvcking 2 .

What is it with this club and managers refusing to play a 442 with wingers to attack ? Its proved succesful in promotion for teams out this league year on year yet we refuse to play it , if we do we insist on playing central midfielders out there.

I'd flip that the other way and say what is it with a section of fans who excrement themselves whenever we play anything other than 442 for more than 5 minutes and demand that we return to it immediately.

I'd also say that, I'd bet there have been as many teams promoted out of League Two in the last 5 years playing something other than 442 as there has been teams playing 442.

I wasn't at BP yesterday so I'm not commenting on the performance. But regardless of that, it was one game. I get that it was awful by all accounts and we seem to be short of one or two wing-backs suitable for the formation. But these things can be sorted both in the transfer market and on the training ground.

Think we just have to bear in mind that because it's the first game of the season, whichever way it goes it's amplified because it's looked at in isolation. If this had been in the middle of an average 12-game run, I doubt it'd be spoken about in the same near-suicidal tone as it is now.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 54
forza ivano
August 5, 2018, 10:45am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Tommy

I'd flip that the other way and say what is it with a section of fans who excrement themselves whenever we play anything other than 442 for more than 5 minutes and demand that we return to it immediately.

I'd also say that, I'd bet there have been as many teams promoted out of League Two in the last 5 years playing something other than 442 as there has been teams playing 442.

I wasn't at BP yesterday so I'm not commenting on the performance. But regardless of that, it was one game. I get that it was awful by all accounts and we seem to be short of one or two wing-backs suitable for the formation. But these things can be sorted both in the transfer market and on the training ground.

Think we just have to bear in mind that because it's the first game of the season, whichever way it goes it's amplified because it's looked at in isolation. If this had been in the middle of an average 12-game run, I doubt it'd be spoken about in the same near-suicidal tone as it is now.

Fair point Tommy, but I have to ask why mj shoe horned players to fit the system.dixon and Clifton aren't wing backs.we only really have 1 in the squad and he was left on the bench. If you can't get the necessary players for you preferred system then surely you play a formation that suits the players strengths? Also feel sorry for cook, who thought he'd escaped from having to play a variety of unsuitable roles at Luton, and then immediately gets played in a role that doesn't suit him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 54
jonnyboy82
August 5, 2018, 10:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Spot on forza.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 54
Tommy
August 5, 2018, 10:54am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
I don't disagree with your points forza I'm just calling for a bit of patience really. It's probably rare to start the season with what ends up being your strongest team. Both through transfers and also just working who's better in what role.

Our first year back in L2 Bogle was starting on the bench but then ended up having the best 4 months of his life as a certain starter.

It'll work out i'm sure, and I don't think people should be sharpening the knives for Jolley after 1 game.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 54
Stadium
August 5, 2018, 12:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Tommy
I don't disagree with your points forza I'm just calling for a bit of patience really. It's probably rare to start the season with what ends up being your strongest team. Both through transfers and also just working who's better in what role.

Our first year back in L2 Bogle was starting on the bench but then ended up having the best 4 months of his life as a certain starter.

It'll work out i'm sure, and I don't think people should be sharpening the knives for Jolley after 1 game.

Exactly this & some sensible comments from Forza.
The reaction once again on here has been hilarious-still not unexpected on past form by certain posters.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 54
MuddyWaters
August 5, 2018, 12:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Stadium

The reaction once again on here has been hilarious-still not unexpected on past form by certain posters.

What was clear yesterday was that FGR have brought in some very good footballers for this level who all knew what they were doing. As a result, they outplayed us for the whole game. It showed that we either haven't prepared well enough or that the players we've got aren't good enough to play the system we seem to have adopted.

I know there has been a lot of hype & expectation but we ended last season as the form club in the league and by beating yesterday's opponents comprehensively so, perhaps, some of the hype is understandable bearing in mind the manager has now brought in his own staff & squad.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 54
Yoda
August 5, 2018, 4:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
Before the game i didn’t think we had a quality striker who could unsettle a defence, and i was proved right unfortunately.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 54
arryarryarry
August 5, 2018, 5:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Stadium

So are you looking for Rob to censor this forum?

Not sure if you went but most agree that it was an absolute shite performance so are people not allowed to say that?
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fishy back to its shameful best

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.