Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
New manager
New staff
New formation
New players
First game
And some of you can't wait to get home and share your expertise.

Here we go again

Get real FFS!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
jimgtfc
August 5, 2018, 7:33am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,086
Gold Stars: 45
I think most have given an honest reflection on a shocking opening game. We can all see Jolley is doing a great job off the pitch but without the rose tinted glasses on yesterday was bitterly disappointing.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 54
MuddyWaters
August 5, 2018, 7:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
For the record, 5 of our team yesterday started at Forest Green at the end of last season (under the same manager) as opposed to 4 of theirs.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 54
ginnywings
August 5, 2018, 7:48am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Didn't need much expertise to analyse that utter steaming pile of dog turd. If it looks like Sh1t, and smells like sh1t, it's likely sh1t.

What else are football forums for, than to blow off  bit of steam in the heat of the moment? I suggest you look up the word cathartic. I've already seen the usual, "GTFC fans are the very worst, you wouldn't get that abuse at other clubs". Bollox you wouldn't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 54
dapperz fun pub
August 5, 2018, 7:51am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
New manager
New staff
New formation
New players
First game
And some of you can't wait to get home and share your expertise.

Here we go again

Get real FFS!!!

How about a point made by a ex player to me this week , who in all fairness was very positive about MJ but he did say my only worry is he wants to play a premiership formation/style with lesser players. Tbf he didn’t exactly say lesser players but I got the drift , after yesterday I think that plan will be shelved
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 54
Cod Cheeks
August 5, 2018, 8:00am
Snakebite drinker
[quote=799]Didn't need much expertise to analyse that utter steaming pile of dog turd. If it looks like Sh1t, and smells like sh1t, it's likely sh1t.

ah the Boris Johnson of the fishy. Can we polish it?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 54
ginnywings
August 5, 2018, 8:25am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
[quote=799]Didn't need much expertise to analyse that utter steaming pile of dog turd. If it looks like Sh1t, and smells like sh1t, it's likely sh1t.

ah the Boris Johnson of the fishy. Can we polish it?

Course we can.

I don't get too hung up about the opinion of others, or whether you like me as a poster or not, but being likened to an ar$ehole like Boris Johnson cuts deep.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 54
jonnyboy82
August 5, 2018, 8:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Did you go ?

Because if you did you would have seen the worst overall performance in recent years at BP and as you must surely know we have had some dog turd.

Yesterday was anything worse than slade woods or even nicky law ever served up.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 54
Croxton
August 5, 2018, 8:54am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
To continue the faecal analysis further, it was evident in preseason that the three at the back are not equipped for the subtle arts of playing out from the back. Thus we looked constipated until Hesenthaler or Vernam could link  play higher up the pitch.
Accrington played a simple game at the back last season by arrowing passes to wide players and closing up in support. No hopeful balls looped up to marked forwards. Jackson avoided standing next to central defenders. His movement showed how Hooper is wasted feeding off high balls.
First principles, clear your lines.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 54
Cod Cheeks
August 5, 2018, 9:12am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Course we can.

I don't get too hung up about the opinion of others, or whether you like me as a poster or not, but being likened to an ar$ehole like Boris Johnson cuts deep.  

Didn't mean to offend you, I don't know you.
With reference to BJ; you will recall that he made similar remarks about brexit whilst being part of set up for the full duration so far.
Very disappointed with the game but equally disappointed with the fishy snowball rolling in the negative direction after game one
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 54
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fishy back to its shameful best

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.