9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
chipsandgravy
July 28, 2018, 5:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
Quite enjoyed my first look at the 'new team/formation. Echo what most people have said on here but would would give an additional shout out to Woolford who, albeit a friendly, was very good today.

Also I realised today that it's the first time I have watched Town for a long time without a knot in my stomach. Long may that continue.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 86
jamesgtfc
July 28, 2018, 6:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,956
Gold Stars: 190
I think it was the play leading up to the 4th goal, extremely patient and we'll worked. Noticed that when we crossed there was a player long to pick up any crosses that went astray and retain possession.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 86
jonnyboy82
July 28, 2018, 6:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
A completely different feel this pre season and im enjoying it , i like the way we look like we going to play this season too with passing football and width to stretch teams, welsh is quality you can see he sees the pass on all the time and i think this guy will be the main man for us this season..

Imo we need a wing back as fox doesnt look comfortable as say hall johnson and even harry clifton as today clifton looked very comfortable there and always looked a threat going forward were as fox seemed happy to stay back and jolley was constantly telling him to push up the pitch..

This 352 formation you need wing backs who can get up and down and im not sure fox can do that but i suppose its new to him but would really like to see a wing back and a striker to still come in but i like to see the changes and look forward to saturday ...

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 86
MuddyWaters
July 28, 2018, 6:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from jonnyboy82
A completely different feel this pre season and im enjoying it , i like the way we look like we going to play this season too with passing football and width to stretch teams, welsh is quality you can see he sees the pass on all the time and i think this guy will be the main man for us this season..

Imo we need a wing back as fox doesnt look comfortable as say hall johnson and even harry clifton as today clifton looked very comfortable there and always looked a threat going forward were as fox seemed happy to stay back and jolley was constantly telling him to push up the pitch..

This 352 formation you need wing backs who can get up and down and im not sure fox can do that but i suppose its new to him but would really like to see a wing back and a striker to still come in but i like to see the changes and look forward to saturday ...

From the TV interview, MJ is still working with Burnley on a deal for Ali Koiki for left wing back.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 86
jonnyboy82
July 28, 2018, 6:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Thats good to hear..

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 86
headingly_mariner
July 28, 2018, 7:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
I thought the pitch ruined it a bit. We were much the better side and showed some nice play even in the conditions. First time I’ve seen us this preseason and I am not sure we have the quality in the squad to achieve the success people are expecting. We have lots of young players and players who lack experience.
I’m excited to see how they get on but I’d like to see a few more quality additions especially in attacking positions. I think we have to be patient if it doesn’t start off well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 86
jamesgtfc
July 28, 2018, 7:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,956
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from MuddyWaters

From the TV interview, MJ is still working with Burnley on a deal for Ali Koiki for left wing back.

Every BBC interview brings up the subject of Ali Koiki, each presenting the same response from MJ and it is getting rather tedious now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 86
Gainsbro_Mariner
July 28, 2018, 8:26pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Every BBC interview brings up the subject of Ali Koiki, each presenting the same response from MJ and it is getting rather tedious now.

Agreed, don’t you think it seems a bit weird Burnley were willing to allow him to play a trial game but 3 weeks later we’ve not able to sign him on loan. Makes you wonder what Burnley are thinking about him ?

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 86
Grimal
July 28, 2018, 8:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from headingly_mariner
I thought the pitch ruined it a bit[/b]. We were much the better side and showed some nice play even in the conditions. First time I’ve seen us this preseason and I am not sure we have the quality in the squad to achieve the success people are expecting. We have lots of young players and players who lack experience.
I’m excited to see how they get on but I’d like to see a few more quality additions especially in attacking positions. I think we have to be patient if it doesn’t start off well.

Not sure why you thought the pitch ruined it a bit, we were only saying that it looked in great condition and the groundsmen had done a good job.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 86
Garth
July 28, 2018, 8:56pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Looks like we are quietly going about our business of playing good football to feet and sharing the goals around, I`ve seen most of the preseason games and its a huge improvement on last seasons Sladeball.

I like the look of the new signings and the way that they are gelling into a team, we now have more youthful energy and look to be very fit, we are going to do well this season I`m sure
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gainsborough Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.