Grim74
July 6, 2018, 5:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from realist
PP is dead.  Wrong location, wrong way to fund it, developer with no experience. Strong local opposition. It was stillborn from the start.
However, a modest project on Europarc with conferencing facilities and no training pitches would tick a lot of boxes. Access, location, locale to industry on the Humber bank that would possibly use said facilities. Maybe not enough to massage the Fenty ego though

Euro park worst location than Great Coates, think it's time the club came clean with the fans  on the PP development I mean when was the last update FFS.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 51
Cloudy
July 6, 2018, 7:09am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Grim74

Euro park worst location than Great Coates, think it's time the club came clean with the fans  on the PP development I mean when was the last update FFS.

Totally agree that Europarc is wrong place. Out of Town stadia would kill the club imo. If not PP then part of the regeneration near the Freemo area flats
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 51
Northbank Mariner
July 6, 2018, 8:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Shame we couldn't get our hands on the old titans site, keeps the ground next to the river, nice harsh wind for the visitors to endure and pretty large plot to expand for carparking and training facilities.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 51
1mickylyons
July 6, 2018, 8:15am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
I really don`t get what is going on in relation to town relocating? The Club appear to get zero help from the Council and I can only guess the lack of an anchor tenant and the death of retail as we know it has done for the ground at least short term? £67m is nothing these days and the ground would cost an estimated £20m sadly that money must come from somewhere and nobody has it.We can only hope at some point somebody realises the potential of a new community stadium in the right area and everybody on the council backs them up.The Gateway into both GY and CLPS leave a lot to be desired and a shiny new stadium would help.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 51
Cloudy
July 6, 2018, 8:30am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Think many on council WOULD want a new stadium for GTFC but they expect GTFC to come up with a sound, commercially viable plan rather than sounbites and rhetoric. I wouldnt trust a word JF said and guess the council may feel the same
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 51
monkeyboy
July 6, 2018, 9:06am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
67 million for this town lol, howler. like chucking 10p at a high class hooker.
Buys you fook all, just gets lardy mel onns face in the paper again.

Probably cost more to demolish all the shite the council are resposible for building.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 51
KingstonMariner
July 6, 2018, 9:12am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Depends what it's for monkey. Could be a useful pump primer. I'd like to see some flesh on the bones before commenting.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 51
GrimRob
July 6, 2018, 9:31am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
We're shafted long term I am afraid. The last few decades have seen numerous teams overtake us and they continue to do so. I fear it's inevitable we'll drop down into non-league again and this time it will be a lot harder to come back. If we don't get a new stadium we might as well forget league football in the town on a long-term basis.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 51
diehardmariner
July 6, 2018, 9:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,600
Gold Stars: 538
Any investment in this area has to be welcomed with arms wide open, regardless if the football stadium is at the heart of it or not.  That said I think not having a community football stadium at the heart of any regeneration will be a huge mistake.  

Couple of things stand out for me, I remain quite cynical regards this £67million deal that has been signed.  Despite Ray Oxby's declaration of us having an iron-clad deal, it wouldn't surprise me if it comes to ultimately nothing.  An iron-clad deal from this Government is about as effective as a chocolate fireguard.

Secondly, why are the football club not sat around the table for these talks?  An absolutely vital part of what our local community looks like, going through our own process (apparently) of bringing some sort of regeneration to the area via the stadium.  You can only conclude sheer incompetency on the behalf of the local authority in not recognising the club, the club didn't want to be involved or the club weren't invited.

Ray Oxby is a Town fan, regardless of your views of him as an individual, leader of the council or as a local Councillor.  I'm pretty certain he's aware that the club are in need of a new stadium and have plans of some sorts in place.

We've not heard anything of substance regards the stadium since the Extreme rep embarrassed themselves at the Fans Forum last November.  Their poor show was forgotten by the hatchet job done on Matt Dean later on.  We're close to 8 months passing since then.  C'mon Fenty, either put up or shut up (for good).  If you or Extreme can't deliver on this stadium come out and say so.  Sick to death of these drips of meaningless information from the club as if we're some sort of lesser being that only deserves what we get.  We are the club, not Fenty or Extreme.  
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 51
1mickylyons
July 6, 2018, 9:37am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from GrimRob
We're shafted long term I am afraid. The last few decades have seen numerous teams overtake us and they continue to do so. I fear it's inevitable we'll drop down into non-league again and this time it will be a lot harder to come back. If we don't get a new stadium we might as well forget league football in the town on a long-term basis.

I would love to say you are wrong Rob but can`t. NE Lincs is a massive area NOT to have a football league side though and I prefer to try and remain optimistic in the hope someone will actually try and exploit the potential on offer?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £67m Town Deal Signed

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.