6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
July 5, 2018, 9:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
Anyone think the local council didn’t want gtfc anywhere near the table when trying to negotiate this bounty from government? Let’s face it £67m is fook all these days when trying to regenerate an area so Cllr Oxby can think he’s some kind of local hero but he’s just a little fish in the grander scheme of things .
Gtfc will have to do it by themselves by the look of it

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 51
Cloudy
July 5, 2018, 9:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Anyone think the local council didn’t want gtfc anywhere near the table when trying to negotiate this bounty from government? Let’s face it £67m is fook all these days when trying to regenerate an area so Cllr Oxby can think he’s some kind of local hero but he’s just a little fish in the grander scheme of things .

The best news from this is the creation of Enterprise zones which,  if used correctly can attract new businesses to the area bringing long term jobs and then the new houses might even have someone in them!

If I were the council or a local MP I would want JF anywhere near the negotiation.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 51
KingstonMariner
July 5, 2018, 10:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Th club's colours were pinned to the wrong mast. Simple as that. Yesterday's man with yesterday's solution to today's problem.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 51
crusty ole pie
July 5, 2018, 10:24pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,383
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Didn’t Cllr Oxby say he wanted to secure a new ground under is watch empty words
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 51
chaos33
July 5, 2018, 10:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,996
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Scandalous that the new ground is not at the heart of all this.

This.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 51
Dogger Bank
July 5, 2018, 11:44pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +161
Gold Stars: 2
If we don't get a new ground I think the club is in serious trouble long term. Blundell Park is not sustainable and as much as I love it the ground is embarrassing compared to others. We'll be floating around the lower and non league and would put the future of GTFC in jeopardy. Clubs smaller than us have progressed by relocating to better facilities. The lack of support from the North East Lincolnshire Council is shameful. And the commitment of our board over the years for this has been slow and badly managed. Another reason why I would like to see them gone and a more progressive, forward thinking board in place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 51
louth_in_the_south
July 5, 2018, 11:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
If the club doesn’t have the backing of the local council then there’s no way it’ll get a new ground unless it gets some mega rich owner to bankroll it . As the chances of the latter are remote for so many reasons it’s a question of if rather when it ever happens .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 51
realist
July 6, 2018, 12:11am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
PP is dead.  Wrong location, wrong way to fund it, developer with no experience. Strong local opposition. It was stillborn from the start.
However, a modest project on Europarc with conferencing facilities and no training pitches would tick a lot of boxes. Access, location, locale to industry on the Humber bank that would possibly use said facilities. Maybe not enough to massage the Fenty ego though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 51
mimma
July 6, 2018, 12:17am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from realist
PP is dead.  Wrong location, wrong way to fund it, developer with no experience. Strong local opposition. It was stillborn from the start.
However, a modest project on Europarc with conferencing facilities and no training pitches would tick a lot of boxes. Access, location, locale to industry on the Humber bank that would possibly use said facilities. Maybe not enough to massage the Fenty ego though

Doesn't matter where they want to put it. There will always be strong local opposition to it. This is Grimsby FFS.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 51
gaz57
July 6, 2018, 12:54am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from RoboCod

It almost feels like this is the door closing on the whole idea of the new ground.  My son wasn't even born when I received my red Conoco cap, he's 16 now and views the new ground in the same way as he views the Yeti, he's seen a picture of it but nothing more.

More chance of the Yeti playing centre forward.    UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £67m Town Deal Signed

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.