5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Balthazar Bullitt
June 6, 2018, 12:12pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Very pleased with that - has the potential to be quite a special player for us I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 47
Mariner55
June 6, 2018, 12:19pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +237
I think the 3-year deal is mostly because MJ thinks he's worth it - but it also serves to send out a very clear message that a successful youth system is the key to this club progressing.  Well done.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 47
Maringer
June 6, 2018, 12:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Not to mention that it ties him to the club for the foreseeable future. If he continues to progress as well as he has done since he got into the team, bigger clubs will undoubtedly come knocking in due course.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 47
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
June 6, 2018, 12:28pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
It is worth the money just to make it obvious to the youth players that there is the possibility of making it into the first team. One good example often breeds another and with Clifton and Wright there it shows the manager is open to using young players. It is a reminder of the days when Ford, Drinkell and the Moores led on to Wilkinson, Lund, Henshaw and Agnew. They cost us very little but what were they worth to us?

Clifton reminds me a little of Gary Henshaw as a player. I trust he will be better coached than Gary was when Lyons came.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 47
Tommy
June 6, 2018, 12:28pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
More excellent news. Max and Harry's deals show a real commitment to the ethos Dave Roberts talked about in his statement a few months ago. Also a massive statement to kids in the academy or players that might potentially join the academy or youth team.

Also interesting reading:

"I think in the long term, Harry will play in central midfield for Grimsby. I certainly wouldn't rule that out in the short term either, but his versatility and ability to play in several positions is a big strength for him and for us."

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 47
1mickylyons
June 6, 2018, 12:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
It is worth the money just to make it obvious to the youth players that there is the possibility of making it into the first team. One good example often breeds another and with Clifton and Wright there it shows the manager is open to using young players. It is a reminder of the days when Ford, Drinkell and the Moores led on to Wilkinson, Lund, Henshaw and Agnew. They cost us very little but what were they worth to us?

Clifton reminds me a little of Gary Henshaw as a player. I trust he will be better coached than Gary was when Lyons came.

Spot on Ron this must be the way forward it looks to me like Town are actually planning for a proper future at long last.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 47
davmariner
June 6, 2018, 12:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Good for him (and us). He certainly played his part in keeping us up, especially with that run down the right which led to us winning the penalty to equalise v Barnet. Deserves that extra bit of security.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 47
OllieGTFC
June 6, 2018, 12:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Youth is the way forward 👊 brilliant news hopefully more will come through as well

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 47
grimsby pete
June 6, 2018, 12:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

1096 days

43840 hours

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 47
Grantham_Mariner
June 6, 2018, 12:54pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from grimsby pete

43840 hours

40 hour day's  ?    

It's 26304 hours or 1,578,240 minutes

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harry Clifton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.