This thread currently has 6,860 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
June 6, 2018, 1:08pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,141
Gold Stars: 102
I suspect this is also about protecting our asset. Get him on a decent contract, if he has another good season his value is significantly more if he’s under a longer deal. Jolley will know all about this game from his Burnley days. They are very good at hoovering up younger players and developing them some more.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
Southwark Mariner
June 6, 2018, 1:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,545
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

40 hour day's  ?    

It's 26304 hours or 1,578,240 minutes

bit less now since he's been signed a couple of hours...come on Fenty...contract extension talks! Sort it!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
Northbank Mariner
June 6, 2018, 1:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
To quote Alan Hansen...."you won't win anything with youth"....well tell that to fergie and here's hoping a certain MJ makes him eat those words again....so please not just for Harry but Max aswel, maybe, just maybe jolley has has fired a warning shot across fentys bow about just how shoddily this club has been run and the fact MJ has a quite a knowledgeable depth of business acumen fenty has taken stock and listened because never would he have given such contracts to 2 young players before MJ walked into the building...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
forza ivano
June 6, 2018, 1:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Hopefully we will see Ahkeem Rose as the third youngster to come through next season, but after that is there anyone else we should be looking out for?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
moosey_club
June 6, 2018, 1:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,210
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from forza ivano
Hopefully we will see Ahkeem Rose as the third youngster to come through next season, but after that is there anyone else we should be looking out for?

Has he actually signed on yet ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
Cloudy
June 6, 2018, 1:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from forza ivano

Dave Roberts has been tweeting that the next couple of years could see some real quality lads emerging through our Youth section.
I plan to try and get down to as many youth games on a Saturday morning that I can next season to see what we have coming through and to show my support for the Youth set up
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
Sigone
June 6, 2018, 1:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Heard good things about sir a.b's grandson Brandon Buckley
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
crusty ole pie
June 6, 2018, 1:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,338
Gold Stars: 62
At long last seeing some rewards for all the money time and effort put into the youth system much rather watch young local talent busting a gut for the team than journey men here to line their bank balance LONG MAY THE
JOLLY REVOLUTION CONTINUE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
jimgtfc
June 6, 2018, 2:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,068
Gold Stars: 44
Credit has to go to the board and JF for sanctioning this. We’re all very quick to point the finger when something goes wrong so only fair to back them on things like this. I’d love to see this followed up now with a 2/3 year deal for MJ, and really show some ambition at working towards a longer term project and longevity.

Also a very well done to Harry and Max on their new deals. They’ve both got the club at heart and have both spent time away from the club on loan and put in some proper graft to earn this. I think we’d all love to see 3 or 4 local young lads in the team who have that connection with the area and this is a huge step in that direction.

I really like the small initial steps this club is now starting to take. Appointing a bright young manager, giving local lads a chance and bringing new young talent in are really positive changes, I just hope that we as fans can realise that this isn’t going to turn us into an all conquering side over the summer, and this is a longer term journey.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
Les Brechin
June 6, 2018, 2:14pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from jimgtfc
Credit has to go to the board and JF for sanctioning this. We’re all very quick to point the finger when something goes wrong so only fair to back them on things like this. I’d love to see this followed up now with a 2/3 year deal for MJ, and really show some ambition at working towards a longer term project and longevity.

Shall we wait and see how we start the season first. Yes, MJ deserve massive credit for turning around the mess left by Slade, but shall we see how we fare after he has had a transfer window to deal with and we see the fruits of the players brought in.

I'm all for giving MJ all the credit he deserves so far, but let's just wait and see how he fares bringing in the players for next season shall we.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harry Clifton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.