13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
April 25, 2018, 4:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
several comments on the shrimpers forum that they played well last night and they were unlucky not to win. good application and plenty of attacking play, so they were heartened. keep it up shrimpers!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 126
Madeleymariner
April 25, 2018, 5:44pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,052
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from easypeersy
Hoping Morecambe plunge never to be seen in the football league again!
Hoping Tranmere or Aldershot are promoted, proper traditional clubs with history, not a club such as Sutton or Fylde!

Not wanting to seem pedantic but:
Aldershot are a phoenix club having worked its way up from the Isthmian Div 3 in the 90s, so not really a traditional club with history.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 126
BottesfordMariner
April 25, 2018, 7:32pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Town need to go out with the mindset to win the game on Saturday and not think about other results. Our recent form has picked up. Jolley seems to have got us organised, the players are working hard. Confidence should be its highest for a while. I am hopeful we can get some kind of positive result against Notts. But it will be a tough game as they need the points as well.

I honestly dont know if playing teams who have something to play for or not makes that much difference. It can work both ways I feel.

You can argue Morecambe should be up for it v Barnet with what's at stake. But the pressure can get to players. Make them uptight and prone to mistakes. Having nothing to play for can make some not bothered but can also relax players to play better with the freedom to express themselves.

On Saturday most of the pressure is on Barnet. They HAVE to win to have any hope. That can inspire them or be too much for them to cope with. Hopefully the latter..

After they won again last week they would have walked off the pitch feeling positive about the next games only to find out Town had picked up an unexpected 3 points. That must have been a hammer blow to them mentally as well as a massive boost to the Town players.

Fingers crossed either Town and/or Barnets results go our way on Saturday and we dont have to go into a pressurised last day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 126
KingstonMariner
April 25, 2018, 9:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Not wanting to seem pedantic but:
Aldershot are a phoenix club having worked its way up from the Isthmian Div 3 in the 90s, so not really a traditional club with history.

Being even more pedantic, if you say they are a phoenix club then they are by definition an old traditional club. The phoenix dies and is reborn, so it's the same thing not a new thing.

Aldershot were reformed after going bust because of the fans. They wanted to keep the history alive. Otherwise they'd have just copulated off and done something else. What makes a club is its members.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 126
IlkleyMariner
April 25, 2018, 9:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
I would rather not be pedantic but share something useful.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 126
KingstonMariner
April 25, 2018, 10:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
I would rather not be pedantic but share something useful.....

Go on then.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 126
RonMariner
April 25, 2018, 11:03pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,688
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from forza ivano
several comments on the shrimpers forum that they played well last night and they were unlucky not to win. good application and plenty of attacking play, so they were heartened. keep it up shrimpers!

That's very encouraging because Cambridge are a pretty good side in good form. So if Morecambe are playing at that level, and are also highly motivated for Saturday's match, then it is a tough ask for Barnet.

Morecambe are pretty hard to beat at home in normal circumstances. In this situation even more so. I would be amazed if Barnet beat them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 126
13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tonights games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.