7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
April 8, 2018, 5:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Like people said its about time we had a new sound system, just think it needed switching off 5 minutes before the game let the fans take over, didnt notice music at the goal but that needs scrapping goal music is for prawn sandwich teams, hopefully theyll take on feedback and keep improving how they use it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 67
headingly_mariner
April 8, 2018, 5:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Garth

That`s your opinion and has to be respected, however we need something new to drag us into the 21st century, and this is a start , too many old anoraks and dyed in the wools, IMO, you would make an excellent board member

That sort of shite synthetic PA atmosphere is not a new thing. They’ve been trying to press it onto crowds in England for years. It’s going back out of fashion now and we introduce it.  

It’s embarrassing, a load of songs that mean nothing to us and plenty to other clubs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 67
Caesar
April 8, 2018, 5:49pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Quoted from Alfie
We can't critique the players or manager this week so let's give the DJ and crowd announcer the famous Fishy tactical advice and wisdom.

If we win against Barnet, we'll move on the important topics of moving the tea in the kiosks from PG Tips to Tetleys and when the Club Shop should release their 2019 calendars.

You know it's possible to be annoyed by something and complain about it while still being delirously happy overall?

I was ecstatic yesterday and despite being hungover most of today still have struggled to stop smiling. But I still want to raise issues with the club. Yeah had we lost or drawn I would be less bothered by it as I would be more devestated that the most crucial matter went badly. In the grand scheme of things goal music and forced attempts to create atmosphere are only a small concern. But I can still be concerned about them. I love going to Blundell Park and so I want that experience to be the best it can be. For me that means no goal music, no happy clappers or whatever they are called and no phoney attempts to generate atmosphere. However Blundell Park is not just my home but ours, I can't jist have it my way, I accept people think differently, I can use a forum to express my views though.

For people who like the attempts to generate atmosphere can I ask if you can think of one goal we scored or one game with a phenomenonal atmosphere that truly stands out in your mind and think if it would of been better with goal music?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 67
ginnywings
April 8, 2018, 6:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Good side playing good football = atmosphere. It's a simple concept, but has been true since football started and is true today. A sound system to generate noise is an admission that you are getting the important bit wrong, and another example to me that the club just don't get it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 67
Garth
April 8, 2018, 7:52pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26

For people who like the attempts to generate atmosphere can I ask if you can think of one goal we scored or one game with a phenomenonal atmosphere that truly stands out in your mind and think if it would of been better with goal music?

Arnold`s Wembley goal------------------Titanic theme
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 67
KingstonMariner
April 8, 2018, 8:55pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Garth

Poor omen. It sank.

Oh hold on a minute though......

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 67
HertsGTFC
April 8, 2018, 9:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Town playing the bal on the ground, attempts on goal and indeed some goals scored, do that and the atmosphere tends to look after itself at BP.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 67
mariner91
April 9, 2018, 12:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,641
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Garth

They weren't blasting out Celine Dion when he actually scored though were they?  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 67
golfer
April 9, 2018, 7:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
First time I've been asked for a dance at a football match-I told him to get a shave first.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 67
April 9, 2018, 2:18pm
Guest User
just before and while the players are coming out i think Queen `we will rock you` should be played, ready to crank up the noise from the fans.( back to the darkened room.)  
Reply: 59 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sound system

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.