RichMariner
April 8, 2018, 4:20am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Who actually wants goal music?

People saying they don’t care what’s played, as long as we score goals.

Exactly.

The goals are enough on their own. It’s pure joy, elation, theatre, ecstasy.

It doesn’t need any artificial enhancement.

I’m aware the club wants to improve the sound of the PA and that’s fair enough but, please, no music.

Pre-match music stops the fans creating their own noise. Goal music frowns out the celebrations.

It’s just not needed. Half time tunes? Fine. But keep it there.

Even the choice of tunes is boring and unoriginal - the same tunes you hear everywhere else. Nothing unique to Grimsby in there. Sweet Caroline is already massively overplayed to the point where I now positively hate it.

Town won a game of football today in dramatic circumstances and i didn’t need music to make it better.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 30 - 67
lukeo
April 8, 2018, 5:33am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
For me music pre match and at half time until the players are on the pitch then it should be left to the fans to make the noise to boost the players that extra few %.

Is their a way of getting the clap clap fish song on the screen and tannoy, if anything that would be better than some dodgy 60s song.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 67
Running like emson
April 8, 2018, 6:44am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +285
Gold Stars: 8
Thought the music before the game was a sound addition. Helped create a great atmosphere,
Didn’t hear the goal music, as was too busy celebrating, so once again I’d say it complemented the atmosphere.
The choice of song is a bit immaterial: so long as it is upbeat and recognisable. It’s not all request Friday FFS.
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 67
Caesar
April 8, 2018, 7:09am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Quoted from RichMariner

Exactly.

I’m aware the club wants to improve the sound of the PA and that’s fair enough but, please, no music.

Pre-match music stops the fans creating their own noise. Goal music frowns out the celebrations.

Even the choice of tunes is boring and unoriginal - the same tunes you hear everywhere else. Nothing unique to Grimsby in there. Sweet Caroline is already massively overplayed to the point where I now positively hate it.

Town won a game of football today in dramatic circumstances and i didn’t need music to make it better.

Couldn't agree more, it is like nails on a chalkboard to me.  The organic atmosphere and reactions of the crowd are a huge part of what I love about football, goal music and forced atmosphere creation with music just takes away from those special moments.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 67
Mrs Doyle
April 8, 2018, 7:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Something needs to be done in the MAN STAND the talking and giving info was very muffled you could not understand a word of it.

This is not because we old sods are hard of hearing lol the system needs sorting,

Seriously this could be a real problem if there was a fire.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 67
crusty ole pie
April 8, 2018, 7:40am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,325
Gold Stars: 66
Well I for one thought it was a bloody good idea for once you could hear the enouncements crystal clear in the upper it created an atmosphere prior to the game which helped wind up the support. I thought that on our visit to Lincoln how will they created a atmosphere you could hear the pa as you walked up to the ground which in my opinion started to get the hairs on your neck standing up. This is what attending a match should be like not the dreary monotone dull system that is currently at Blundell Park
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 67
Mendonca1995
April 8, 2018, 7:41am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Something needs to be done in the MAN STAND the talking and giving info was very muffled you could not understand a word of it.

This is not because we old sods are hard of hearing lol the system needs sorting,

Seriously this could be a real problem if there was a fire.

Fully agree I couldn’t understand what was being said in the main stand, I walked round the pontoon with 5 to go and when the music came on when we scored and after the final whistle when the pa came in it was very clear must be improved in the main stand

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 67
58mariner
April 8, 2018, 9:12am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -80
Just listened back and I think the music used after we scored was the “liquidator”. Wolves famously use it before their games. Never heard it used as goal celebration music though, seems an odd choice. As I said above, all for an improved PA system but the music choices need improving if it’s to stay
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 67
Garth
April 8, 2018, 9:24am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from RichMariner

Exactly.

Don`t agree, BP has been like a morgue for weeks now and needed something new and different to liven things up, full marks to a) those that introduced it and b) those that set it up and operated it.
Todays game was a water shed in how a club being positioned at the sh1t end of nowhere can finally wake up and throw away its old fashioned ideas and create a pre match atmosphere, imagine going to Wemble and sitting in silence pre match, come on lets at least try something new once in a while, its not done Lincoln any harm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 67
dapperz fun pub
April 8, 2018, 9:44am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from 58mariner
Just listened back and I think the music used after we scored was the “liquidator”. Wolves famously use it before their games. Never heard it used as goal celebration music though, seems an odd choice. As I said above, all for an improved PA system but the music choices need improving if it’s to stay

Chelsea use it as well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sound system

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.