7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Garth
April 8, 2018, 9:51am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
It was in a high risk area after we scored the penalty and was booming out celebration music, of an opposition player hitting the tower of speakers with a frustrated hack at the ball, better placed behind the protection of the goal net in the Osmond  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 67
Zmariner
April 8, 2018, 9:51am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,116
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Well I for one thought it was a bloody good idea for once you could hear the enouncements crystal clear in the upper it created an atmosphere prior to the game which helped wind up the support. I thought that on our visit to Lincoln how will they created a atmosphere you could hear the pa as you walked up to the ground which in my opinion started to get the hairs on your neck standing up. This is what attending a match should be like not the dreary monotone dull system that is currently at Blundell Park

I like it , could change the tune but still ok, I like glad all over at Palace when I am there. Better to try to liven things up not bothered about tradition at all , we are in a time warp utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 67
bluerose13x
April 8, 2018, 9:59am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
The PA system has been total crap at BP for years and years and needed improvement but from my position in the pontoon they where too loud, intrusive, couldnt hear myself think. I don't go to get my head blasted my the "musical" filth they played until my  head hurt.

Don't want that shite.

Quiet background music is all I'm after
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 67
KingstonMariner
April 8, 2018, 10:01am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Garth

Don`t agree, BP has been like a morgue for weeks now and needed something new and different to liven things up, full marks to a) those that introduced it and b) those that set it up and operated it.
Todays game was a water shed in how a club being positioned at the sh1t end of nowhere can finally wake up and throw away its old fashioned ideas and create a pre match atmosphere, imagine going to Wemble and sitting in silence pre match, come on lets at least try something new once in a while, its not done Lincoln any harm

I'm totally with Rich on this. You don't need music to create atmosphere. How do you think it happened in the past? Goal celebration music is just embarrassing American-inspired crap (if you want that go to the ice hockey). I've been to plenty of games in recent years where there was a perfectly good atmosphere without music blaring out.

And as for there being no atmosphere without music at Wembley, it was the flipping loud music at Wembley in 2013 that drowned out the signing so others couldn't hear it and carry it on. The atmosphere was killed stone dead, so much so that fans had to organise a way to overcome the problem.

Keep PA for safety and information announcements.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 67
Henryscat
April 8, 2018, 10:13am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
I know it’s not quite the same but Manchester United have been doing for years a pre-match and half time playlist where they get one of their more high profile fans to pick the tunes and create an atmosphere. They print the playlist in the programme and social media and it often features unsigned bands from the area, giving them a bit of exposure. I’m not quite sure but I think they use the same last 4 or 5 songs so the teams walk out to the same tune every match. Worth a think about for next season. Maybe a poll or something online so the music is the fan’s choice and not the DJ. Get local bands to submit demos and play one or two each game.

I personally always liked us walking out to “The Boys Are Back In Town” but maybe we could use orphan boy to give us something unique

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 67
Garth
April 8, 2018, 10:28am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from bluerose13x
The PA system has been total crap at BP for years and years and needed improvement but from my position in the pontoon they where too loud, intrusive, couldnt hear myself think. I don't go to get my head blasted my the "musical" filth they played until my  head hurt.

Don't want that shite.

That`s your opinion and has to be respected, however we need something new to drag us into the 21st century, and this is a start , too many old anoraks and dyed in the wools, IMO, you would make an excellent board member
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 67
ginnywings
April 8, 2018, 11:11am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,085
Gold Stars: 548
Generally a sound idea (no pun intended) as the PA system is crap and needs upgrading. Not against music either but yesterday it wasn't needed at certain times in the game. For the first time in ages, the game and the football generated an atmosphere, as it does when there is something to cheer about. As others have said, you cannot create an atmosphere, though you can enhance it when it happens organically. The outpouring of joy and relief when that penalty hit the back of the net didn't need any accompaniment. I stood there yesterday after the final whistle, listening to that crowd reaction thinking to myself, how can a club with these fans and this passion be struggling so badly and be in danger of going out of the league? Give us something to get behind and the atmosphere will lift the roof off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 67
Alfie
April 8, 2018, 12:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
We can't critique the players or manager this week so let's give the DJ and crowd announcer the famous Fishy tactical advice and wisdom.

If we win against Barnet, we'll move on the important topics of moving the tea in the kiosks from PG Tips to Tetleys and when the Club Shop should release their 2019 calendars.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 67
crusty ole pie
April 8, 2018, 12:33pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,333
Gold Stars: 62
Actually I was more  interested in celebrating the goals that I didn’t notice the music
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 67
bluerose13x
April 8, 2018, 4:04pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
Quoted from Garth

That`s your opinion and has to be respected, however we need something new to drag us into the 21st century, and this is a start , too many old anoraks and dyed in the wools, IMO, you would make an excellent board member

The new football stadiums built/modernized since the 90's it does feel BP is old fashioned and outdated. We do need someone to kick on, dragging the club out of it's time warp. Dispite that, there's no way I can work with the current board, not enough room for my ego as well

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sound system

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.