MuddyWaters
April 4, 2018, 6:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from malkamalka

He might JUST walk away and the club will fold!

That's the risk.

I think you would find the complete opposite. I know many who won't set foot in BP whilst the current regime is in place. Whilst John Fenty is a GTFC fan, there are thousands more out there, many who have become disaffected by the current malaise.

It's time GTFC returned to being a fans' club - not a fan's club.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 52
grimsby pete
April 4, 2018, 7:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from promotion plaice

If we go down I won't be renewing my season ticket.....I'll just cherry pick my games and if we start doing well I will attend more often.

Alternatively if we stay up I will hold off buying a season ticket until the very last minute to see how much JF has backed MJ in the transfer market.
Make some decent signings and I will renew my season ticket.
If it's the usual everything on the cheap, no season ticket for me.....again I'll just cherry pick my games and if we start doing well I will attend more often.

Oh.....and the sooner GTFC can find an alternative to JF the better.

That us the best comment I have heard,

Rather than just stay away let Fenty put some money in the managers budget to give Jolley a decent chance of promotion,

Then if the majority stay away because of  his penny pinching he can only blame himself,

He wont though.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 52
ackomariner
April 4, 2018, 7:15pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
My X2 season tickets have not been renewed now for the last two seasons. I saw this coming ages ago and said that whilst Fenty and his merry men are in charge of the club they will not get another penny out of me, and they haven't.
Not been to one game home or away for two seasons now, and yes , it's bloody hard but I will stick to my guns.
As soon as he goes I will be back, so here's hoping....

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 52
KingstonMariner
April 4, 2018, 8:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from malkamalka

He might JUST walk away and the club will fold!

That's the risk.

You've obviously not been paying attention to all the comments about the club's accounts in recent years.

The only risk that would occur is if he demanded his money back. He would be the man who killed Grimsby Town Football Club after 140 years of existence. I don't think he would want that as his legacy.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 52
KingstonMariner
April 4, 2018, 8:21pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Spot on IMHO last time the fans voted with their hearts and put it down to bad luck.The penny has dropped now it isn`t bad luck that`s put us in this mess AGAIN it`s John Fenty and his board and their awful decision making.The knock on effect is most fans have now realised whilst we carry on with the Osterich mentality we will keep being fodder in whatever league we play.The vast majority of fans find this unacceptable when a team like Accrington on a far smaller budget can compete at the top vs Luton,Lincoln,Notts with far greater crowds.This is not a one off if you cast your minds back to the non league days even Braintree finished above us in the League.

To misquote the Importance of Being Earnest, 'To lose one Football League place is unfortunate. To lose two looks like carelessness.'

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 52
MuddyWaters
April 4, 2018, 8:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from KingstonMariner

To misquote the Importance of Being Earnest, 'To lose one Football League place is unfortunate. To lose two looks like carelessness.'

Oscar Wilde on The Fishy - well, sort of!  
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 52
toontown
April 4, 2018, 9:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
and three? (but for points deductions of ther teams)
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 52
lew chaterleys lover
April 4, 2018, 10:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from toontown
and three? (but for points deductions of ther teams)

Yes this is often overlooked. His tenure has been so bad that a season that would have resulted in relegation other than one where points deductions for other clubs saved us, doesn't seem to register.

And he had the temerity to be allowed to be carried off the pitch as some sort of saviour!

Effectively 3 relegations (assuming the worst happens which it will) from the football league only interrupted by 6 years in non league and you wonder why the fans have had enough. It is depressing and so unnecessary for a club of our size and fan base. Shocking, and somebody somewhere must move against him and bring his ludicrous tenure to end.

Private Message
Reply: 47 - 52
Davec
April 5, 2018, 7:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,442
Gold Stars: 42
No season ticket for me regardless what league we are in, I will again pick and choose matches. Might even subscribe to Ifollow to watch full re-run of the games if I need to.

If we stay up season ticket sales will be around 1500, if we go down they will be around 1000

If the price increase is applied then it could be sub 1000 regardless what league we are in.

Fenty and rest of the board will have a great shock when they see that season ticket sales have dropped dramatically.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 52
diehardmariner
April 5, 2018, 9:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,612
Gold Stars: 538
Of course it's important to remember that anyone who doesn't renew their season ticket will be doing so because of the bullying that is rife within the fan base...
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.