6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
cmackenzie4
April 4, 2018, 10:04am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Having read all the threads on here over the last few weeks it seems there are a lot of fans STH’s and fans who pay on the gate who are vowing not to renew season tickets or go again while John Fenty is at the club. I wonder how many fans are just saying this out of anger at our current predicament or really mean what they are saying.

If we go down or just manage to scrape through and remain in league 2 would you boycott buying a season ticket and keep away until changes at the top are made?

Be interesting to hear what fans really think about this because our playing budget for 2018/2019 could be massively affected by this.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Mighty_Mariner
April 4, 2018, 10:11am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
If we go down there will be somewhat of an exodus, as we experienced last time and people will be angry.

However, the summer is a long time and a great healer. A world Cup will get people thinking about football again and the potential of a successful promotion campaign from the National League. I may be completely off here but I don't see attendances dropping considerably whatever the outcome.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 52
Cloudy
April 4, 2018, 10:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
If we go down there will be somewhat of an exodus, as we experienced last time and people will be angry.

However, the summer is a long time and a great healer. A world Cup will get people thinking about football again and the potential of a successful promotion campaign from the National League. I may be completely off here but I don't see attendances dropping considerably whatever the outcome.

I think you, like the club, are significantly underestimating the feelings. It will be nothing like 2010 imo, the reaction will be far worse.

Only time will tell
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 52
sydney
April 4, 2018, 10:23am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +994
Gold Stars: 2
This struggle this season is so unnecessary
And to soon after the play off win
That is what everyone is so so angry about
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 52
Mighty_Mariner
April 4, 2018, 10:33am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
You're probably right Cloudy. I just hope that we don't cut our nose off to spite our face that's all.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 52
Cloudy
April 4, 2018, 10:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
You're probably right Cloudy. I just hope that we don't cut our nose off to spite our face that's all.

Too late, my glasses keep falling off
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 52
diehardmariner
April 4, 2018, 10:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +17,064
Gold Stars: 518
As it stands I won't be renewing and a lot of people I speak to are the same.

There will naturally be those who renew despite saying they will boycott but I think the numbers will be greatly reduced.  If we avoid relegation that will give a mini-boost but relegation will kill the fan-base off.  

Cloudy is right, 2010 was completely different.  It was almost a feeling that we didn't belong there, despite the fact we had flirted with it for a few years.  The feelings towards the board are far stronger 8 years on and the blame is right at their feet.  Added to that the absolute disdain they treat the fans with.  

If we go down I'll be surprised if we sell anywhere close to 1000 season tickets.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 52
ginnywings
April 4, 2018, 10:54am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Something has to be done- it's that simple. It's gone beyond p1ss poor football now and the antics of the board over the last year have shown how much contempt there is for the fans. As hard as it may be to stay away, it's even harder watching the club being strangled in this way. The only power the supporters have, is to remove their support.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 52
carrot top
April 4, 2018, 11:15am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +811
Gold Stars: 2
I find it very difficult to get enthused at any game watching Town after following them for more than 50 years.  I have to drag myself to games this season.This is what a lot of other people are also saying right now. It is complete mis- management that we find ourselves in this position. If we go down then I really fear for the club. However, whatever the outcome this season - Fenty and his not so merry men out!. We need our club back

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 52
Jarmo.Is.God
April 4, 2018, 11:22am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
The problem is, this season, everybody see the issues around October/November time.

Slade didn't go until middle of February.

Even tho we was close to the play-offs late last year, we was still terrible, and things got worse, and Fenty allowed it to happen.

The position we are in now was so avoidable it's ridiculous, thats the issue
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 52
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.