6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
ivanosandwich
April 4, 2018, 4:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 16
For me, if we go down, I won't renew. Not because of Fenty, because I don't know if I will want to watch us in the National League on a regular basis again. I plan to pick and choose some games but my fear is that I will get out of the habit and find other things to do on a Saturday.

If we stay up, I will renew as we all start at zero points and with a player clear out, some new signings and a pre-season behind him, I think Jolley has the potential to be a decent manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 52
malkamalka
April 4, 2018, 5:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from horsforthmariner

If we go down it's boycott time to force Fenty out the club.

He might JUST walk away and the club will fold!

That's the risk.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 52
promotion plaice
April 4, 2018, 5:35pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

If we go down I won't be renewing my season ticket.....I'll just cherry pick my games and if we start doing well I will attend more often.

Alternatively if we stay up I will hold off buying a season ticket until the very last minute to see how much JF has backed MJ in the transfer market.
Make some decent signings and I will renew my season ticket.
If it's the usual everything on the cheap, no season ticket for me.....again I'll just cherry pick my games and if we start doing well I will attend more often.

Oh.....and the sooner GTFC can find an alternative to JF the better.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 52
MuddyWaters
April 4, 2018, 5:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from mariner91

Wrong. We've had Bax state that the board genuinely believe that the fact people are still supporting the club means they're supporting the regime. A huge drop in STH's and attendances will show them in no uncertain terms that they're not supported.

Yes it will hurt the club but it will hurt Fenty more. The less fans we have, the worse our budget, the less chance of getting some "football fortune" and so the less likely he is to get his money back Which is all he cares about, if he cared about the club he'd have fucked off years ago.

I find the bit in bold quite shocking along with the ''Operation Promotion' is the worst thing to happen to the club quote. That smacks of taking the fans for granted and mocks the unity that OP created.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 52
bluebottle
April 4, 2018, 5:58pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +459
Quoted from promotion plaice

If we go down I won't be renewing my season ticket.....I'll just cherry pick my games and if we start doing well I will attend more often.

Alternatively if we stay up I will hold off buying a season ticket until the very last minute to see how much JF has backed MJ in the transfer market.
Make some decent signings and I will renew my season ticket.
If it's the usual everything on the cheap, no season ticket for me.....again I'll just cherry pick my games and if we start doing well I will attend more often.

Oh.....and the sooner GTFC can find an alternative to JF the better.

This.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 52
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 4, 2018, 6:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from malkamalka

That's the risk.

I think many of us have held that view for many seasons which may have added to JF feeling he is irreplaceable at board level.

Having read the posts from Big Chris, Bax and Barra I am now persuaded that alternatives are out there and all that is needed is for JF to write off his benign loans. If he stays and we go down I know our four season tickets will not be renewed and I feel JF will either be faced with a significant cash input or walking away, his recent anonymity plus his “Fentygate” quote of wanting out make me believe he may step down but given he no longer puts cash in why should it fold?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 52
woodi147
April 4, 2018, 6:12pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +29
Gold Stars: 1
Same here not going to renew x2 if we go down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 52
HertsGTFC
April 4, 2018, 6:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
I’m resigned to the drop to be honest so...

I think they’ll be a bigger impact on gates this time and I also think if MJ doesn’t replace Wilco with someone who knows that league and has a network of pros at that level we could find it really tough going.

Something needs to give otherwise we’ll start the season as a club with our heads down which could lead to further disaster!

What I hope is we start winning a good few games at BP and score a few then get to the first round of the cup and get a local team from league 1 at home. People might just get interested again.

I would also be concerned that last time we where down there we had massive issues breaking sides down especially at BP, MJ will need a fix on this from day 1.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 52
Quagmire
April 4, 2018, 6:30pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from malkamalka

That's the risk.

Why will the club fold???

As has been pointed out numerous times over the past months JF hasn't put any money into the club for years.

We are more than sustainable at this level with the gates that we get.

Fenty Out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 52
Cloudy
April 4, 2018, 6:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Quagmire

Why will the club fold???

As has been pointed out numerous times over the past months JF hasn't put any money into the club for years.

We are more than sustainable at this level with the gates that we get.

Fenty Out.

I'd expect the fans to rally round if that did happen, boost season ticket sales, meet a call to buy as much merchandise etc as possible, the odd share purchase etc.
I united fan base aligned to the clubs plan could stil be a force
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.