6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
horsforthmariner
April 4, 2018, 11:30am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,575
Gold Stars: 8
I'm not a season ticket holder as I often have to work on Saturday's But I go quite a bit -
For me it's simple and this is what I recommend for Season Ticket Holders.

If we go down it's boycott time to force Fenty out the club.

If we stay up then it's wait and see. If Fenty sticks his hand in his pocket and we build a decent side then fair enough but the message has to be "you've got speculate to accumulate"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 52
headingly_mariner
April 4, 2018, 11:30am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
I am a season ticket holder and it's not about the level of football for me. I was a STH all the way through our drop from the championship and throughout the conference years. I don't mind if we are shite, i still want to attend becuase Grimsby Town are my team and i don't like it when I am not at games.

I live out of Town, having a ST is a tie to my home town and I see my aging Grandparents regularly because i am often in Town for the football. I have often used that as an excuse to renew previously.

This time is a bit different, i am desperately upset with the way the club is run, i felt particulary insulted over the checkatrade bullying issue, board views on Operation Promotion and the general disregard for fan feelings. I have long been critical of the board and continued to attend. I am not sure i can do that any more. I will not be giving up going because I cant be arsed or I am not being entertained or we get relegated, If that was the case I'd have given up years ago and it will break my heart not to be at Blundell Park when we are playing.

If i decide not to go it will be because I feel attending only justifies John Fenty and the board's position in control of the club. It's a long way to the start of the season and it's a decsion I will struggle to make, I am just fed up of having the urine taking out of me by the board.

I would like to see them publically accept responsibitly for the mess, commit to writing loans off and leaving the club debt free whatever division we are in. I can't imagine this will happen, i think we will lose a 1000 STH's and the club will continue dying a slow death.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 52
lukeo
April 4, 2018, 11:33am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
Nothing will change for me, I will still buy gtfc products and tell everyone I'm from Grimsby a day support Grimsby. Doubt I'll go to many if any games next year because I'm coming back out of retirement to play myself  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 52
oldun
April 4, 2018, 11:33am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
There is a lot of angst about at present. . Clearly if we go down the demand for ST's will decrease. People can choose whether or not to go to games but boycotting will only hurt our club and is unlikely to influence what Fenty does. As always in football if the team are winning then fans will turn out. In fact the support for at team that has not won for 20 games has been exceptional given the poor quality of football at times and they will turn out for these final few games to support the team in the hope we stay up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 52
louth_in_the_south
April 4, 2018, 11:38am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
If this board is a cross section of the fan base then for every 1 fan who says they’ll renew I think 9 are saying they won’t and the difference this time is that it really appears they’re serious . If that happens then we’ll be down to about 300 ST holders .

Everyone I’ve spoke to to uses the same phrase ...

Total Mismanagement from the Top ....

The only way to get rid of Fenty is a boycott now I’m afraid .

To much BS JF you’re times up start packing your bags mate

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 52
topuphere666
April 4, 2018, 11:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
It’s Jolley I feel for next season unless we stay up, if we do we may average 3000/3500 for home games but this will go up if we recruit wisely and have a solid start to next season.

If we drop the fan base will be gone, regular attendances of 2000 will be normal, this will impact on the playing budget massively. It’s time for JF to invest properly.

I struggled to accept going down in 2010 and it was the end of the world but for some reason this year I don’t feel the same. It’s just normal for us to be shite.

It’s just all a bit male masturbation isn’t it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 52
Maringer
April 4, 2018, 11:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
I think stating the problems were clear in October/November is a bit premature, given how we were doing on the pitch. Bear in mind we were only just outside the play-offs in December, unimpressive as some of the performances had been. If Osborne had returned from injury, stayed and played, Jones remained and one or two better players signed in January, I think we'd have been pretty comfortably mid-table at this point.

This doesn't mean that the off-field antics at the fans forum and the poor communications/PR from the board wouldn't have remained an issue, but we weren't that badly set for what would have been an average season.

The real idiocy occurred in January, when Fenty managed to remove most of the goal threat and creativity from our team in an attempt to do nothing more than save money!

This (alongside the fans forum shenanigans) has brought everything to a head and I don't think many will forgive Fenty for these stupidly self-destructive actions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 52
Youngy
April 4, 2018, 11:52am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
As an apology for what has been a truly awful season, the first thing that should be done is a vast reduction in season ticket prices for season ticket renewals (and maybe offer the same reduced price for friends of season ticket holders).
Loyalty has NEVER been rewarded under the current regime. I think this is the perfect opportunity to start reversing that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 52
louth_in_the_south
April 4, 2018, 11:57am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
Yeah good luck with that ^^^^^

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 52
lew chaterleys lover
April 4, 2018, 12:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
If we go down there will be somewhat of an exodus, as we experienced last time and people will be angry.

However, the summer is a long time and a great healer. A world Cup will get people thinking about football again and the potential of a successful promotion campaign from the National League. I may be completely off here but I don't see attendances dropping considerably whatever the outcome.

I think you are being very very optimistic there.

The fan base will collapse if we go down again, and even if we stay up it will need far reaching reforms (Fenty gone or genuine re investment in the club)  and it will probably be the beginning of the end.

There is no appetite to really get behind the club, even in this hour of need because Fenty is toxic to the clubs fortunes.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.