20 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 All Recommend Thread
Tommy
March 24, 2018, 8:52pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
I think it's our home games that will determine whether we go stay up or go down into oblivion again.

Stevenage, Chesterfield, Barnet, Notts County.

The mental strength (or lack of) in the team doesn't lend itself well to playing away from home and they're not easy games at Wycombe or Swindon. As for the FGR game away I'm not even contemplating it going that far still open.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 199
HertsGTFC
March 24, 2018, 8:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Hagrid
Barnet have chesterfield to play, if either wins then the gaps closes there and then anyway. We’re finished

All the more reason why we need to beat them both at BP.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 199
heppy88
March 24, 2018, 9:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
To be honest, even though I witnessed a thrashing today. I came away feeling buoyed by a good first half display. I’m also feeling positive about Jolley, the guy in my opinion talks sense. But when all is said and done, I genuinely can’t see us winning another game this season. Jolley can’t work miracles and he has just not had the time needed to instil his beliefs, work ethic etc into the team. Slade should have been shown the door well before he was. We only have one person to blame for that decision.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 199
HertsGTFC
March 24, 2018, 9:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from heppy88
To be honest, even though I witnessed a thrashing today. I came away feeling buoyed by a good first half display. I’m also feeling positive about Jolley, the guy in my opinion talks sense. But when all is said and done, I genuinely can’t see us winning another game this season. Jolley can’t work miracles and he has just not had the time needed to instil his beliefs, work ethic etc into the team. Slade should have been shown the door well before he was. We only have one person to blame for that decision.  

Slade should have never been allowed back in the door. Bignot had to go but when he was sacked we where safe Dave Moore could have took the team until the end of the season and we could have got the right man in.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 199
Pouton4ever
March 24, 2018, 9:43pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -244
Quoted from heppy88

On the working miracles point- I ve been torn for the last week on whether bringing in free agents is desperation or probably sensible. I think now on the basis he can't work miracles point it might actually be quite sensible to get a centre back and a centre midfielder as no game time v shot confidence is a no brainer.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 199
heppy88
March 24, 2018, 9:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Slade should have never been allowed back in the door. Bignot had to go but when he was sacked we where safe Dave Moore could have took the team until the end of the season and we could have got the right man in.

But Fenty wanted Slade. He said it himself he was "Cocka hoop" that his mate agreed to join us. To be honest a few on here also saw it as a positive appointment at the time. I reckon had Jolley got here earlier then we wouldn’t be in this predicament. But that’s all ifs buts and maybe's. The stark reality is relegation is looking a real possibility!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 199
heppy88
March 24, 2018, 9:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Pouton4ever

On the working miracles point- I ve been torn for the last week on whether bringing in free agents is desperation or probably sensible. I think now on the basis he can't work miracles point it might actually be quite sensible to get a centre back and a centre midfielder as no game time v shot confidence is a no brainer.

This is a tough call and a gamble. Jolley has bought some players in and in all honesty has it yet paid dividends? Time to stick by the players we have I think. We just need to keep one clean sheet and a goal. Hopefully it will be the catalyst to get us out of this mess!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 199
HertsGTFC
March 24, 2018, 9:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from heppy88

But Fenty wanted Slade. He said it himself he was "Cocka hoop" that his mate agreed to join us. To be honest a few on here also saw it as a positive appointment at the time. I reckon had Jolley got here earlier then we wouldn’t be in this predicament. But that’s all ifs buts and maybe's. The stark reality is relegation is looking a real possibility!

Yes I think the appointment of Slade is just another example of JF making all the decisions and Marley, Day and the race horse trainer just going along with things.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 199
KingstonMariner
March 25, 2018, 12:18am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from promotion plaice

Unfortunately I'm at the stage where my glass is half empty  

When the second went in I had that feeling. Then the third and fourth......Glad I decided to go off and do something useful with my time after the first half.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 199
RonMariner
March 25, 2018, 1:32pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,671
Gold Stars: 226
I saw the away game at Cambridge, and the home game against Port Vale, and have to say that today's first half, in fact the first 60 minutes was by far the best we have played in that period. So though Jolley has only been in charge three weeks there is definite improvement.

MacAllister, Wilks  and MacSheffrey are certainly players that can make a difference, especially against the likes of Stevenage, Chesterfield and Barnet.

Our fate rests on those three home games. Stevenage are no great shakes and now realistically have nothing to play for. I think we are capable of beating them next week and that may transform our prospects.

But on yesterday's performance I think we need to drop Davies, move Mills to FB and bring in Sulliman at CB. I think that with those changes we will have a chance of picking up points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 199
20 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.