Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should England boycott the World Cup? πŸ†
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 222 Guests

Should England boycott the World Cup in Russia?
Yes, unilaterally
Yes, along with other countries
No
  View Results 93 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Should England boycott the World Cup? πŸ†

This thread currently has 5,464 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
March 19, 2018, 7:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
I thought that we already boycotted the World Cup every 4 years.  Well, since 1966.

Not quite correct. What we do is go to them and just play in the group stages to remind the other nations how the game we invented should be played, then we leave them to get on with it as best they can without us. They will eventually get as good as us if they keep trying hard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 33
Mrs Doyle
March 19, 2018, 8:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Ipswin
I am certain that English fans will lose their lives and I hope as many as possible are dissuaded from travelling.

As for the team I would rather they did not go both from their security as well as a boycott / protest point of view but it would be a total waste of time unless other European teams also boycott the competition, which of course they won't do. As many have said the only good thing is that we won't be there very long

This is my greatest fear there is so much hatred being drummed into the Russians about us.  

This as recently been ramped up with accusations and deportation of diplomats on both sides next step will be embassy shutdowns.

This ain't going away anytime soon the Russians have already forced our Euro fighters to scramble on numerous occasions to repel invasion threats of our airspace.

Would not be surprised if the government issue a warning to all nationals to avoid this cup as their safety can not be assured.

Ultimately can see us being pulled out for that reason.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 33
bradzmilne
March 20, 2018, 3:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,400
Gold Stars: 29
Managed to get semi final tickets in St. Petersburg, flights and hotel already booked to Helsinki and looks like we'll get the train from there.

The plan is to stay well clear of the booze bar the odd sociable pint and obviously no colours or anything.

I can assure you quite a few of my family members/significant others are concerned but how often do you get the opportunity to go to the semi final of a world cup ?

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 33
Ipswin
March 20, 2018, 4:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from bradzmilne
Managed to get semi final tickets in St. Petersburg, flights and hotel already booked to Helsinki and looks like we'll get the train from there.

The plan is to stay well clear of the booze bar the odd sociable pint and obviously no colours or anything.

I can assure you quite a few of my family members/significant others are concerned but how often do you get the opportunity to go to the semi final of a world cup ?

Well you wouldn't be wearing colours anyway as its a WC semi unless you support Germany Spain Portugal France et al.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should England boycott the World Cup? πŸ†

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.