Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should England boycott the World Cup? πŸ†
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 318 Guests

Should England boycott the World Cup in Russia?
Yes, unilaterally
Yes, along with other countries
No
  View Results 93 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Should England boycott the World Cup? πŸ†

This thread currently has 5,461 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
March 19, 2018, 4:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
After seeing the appalling behavior by Russian fans against our fans in the euros they will be tooled up ready to kick the crap out of us.

The  Kremlin has been slagging us off big time our fans are not safe going over there stand by for big trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
Grim74
March 19, 2018, 4:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from MarinerWY

My God you have some horrible opinions. Beating homeless people to a pump? Jesus flipping Christ.

To be fair he did say pulp! I wouldn't like to imagine what beat to a pump looks like πŸ˜‚

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
Marinerz93
March 19, 2018, 5:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Nerve agent is an extremely nasty way to die, we used to train for hours decontaminating ourselves and equipment. Nerve agent is probably the worst of the chemical weapons developed and you only have to look at the Marsh Arabs Saddam poisoned using this deadly weapon. The worst part is that members of the public could have been exposed to this, fortunately the levels are low enough not to cause harm.

Trained MMA fighters acting as hooligans, someone will unfortunately be killed. We won't win anyway so we have nothing to lose it may be best to sit this one out there's too much going on to risk innocent fans.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
March 19, 2018, 5:25pm
Guest User
Quoted from Grim74

To be fair he did say pulp! I wouldn't like to imagine what beat to a pump looks like πŸ˜‚

Blimey, I didn't do it. I was shocked when it happened but the reaction of the Moscovites on the underground suggested it was nothing out of the usual.

They certainly have a different way of doing things, we are far too tolerant of all sort of low lifes here. Anyone see the thief today who's been at court with 150 previous offences and given another chance by the moronic judge? Them Russians would have dealt with this scumbag very differently and a long time ago. We are too soft, maybe they are too hard, I don't know. But I do know I'm sick of them anus tramps in Town and down St Peters Ave. Especially the scumbags outside Steels, not good for business having heroin addled losers pitched up outside your business. Hopefully a big wave will drag them into the sea where they can dwell with winkles and bottom feeding cod for eternity.
Reply: 23 - 33
Not again.
March 19, 2018, 5:46pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: -2
Quoted from 75
The Russians are the least of our concerns. I'm more concerned about Muslim child rape gangs but the mainstream media don't seem interested. If Putin ordered the assassination of the spy traitor, there would be much easier ways of doing it than using a nerve agent easily traceable back to Russia. Either that or he's sending a message to turned spys that the motherland will never forget the treachery.

I would side with the Russians, I agree with a lot of their policies, especially regarding immingration. Europe is a hell hole now thanks to liberals and Merkel. The Russians don't mess about with terrorists or dickheads, I've seen that first hand in Moscow. They deal with tramps by beating them to a pulp, lol. Nowt to do with football anyway.  

This. 100%.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 33
Not again.
March 19, 2018, 5:50pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: -2
[quote=211]

My God you have some horrible opinions. Beating homeless people to a pump? Jesus flipping Christ.[/quote

I think he's just stating facts, when people like jack straw are mentioning it you know its going on, he to must be a "racist"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 33
March 19, 2018, 6:14pm
Guest User
Would have been better for all concerned - with hindsight, admittedly - if we'd boycotted the last seven or so World Cups.

Spare us the embarrassment of watching our national team trying to compete at top international level....  
So yeah, I'd vote for the boycott.
What have we got to lose?
"Gareth Southgate masterminds England World Cup victory" headlines?

Well, think about it....  
Reply: 26 - 33
Ipswin
March 19, 2018, 6:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I am certain that English fans will lose their lives and I hope as many as possible are dissuaded from travelling.

As for the team I would rather they did not go both from their security as well as a boycott / protest point of view but it would be a total waste of time unless other European teams also boycott the competition, which of course they won't do. As many have said the only good thing is that we won't be there very long

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
March 19, 2018, 7:01pm
Guest User
I'm in the travel club, I have a ticket for the final when we make it. Might as well book my flight now.  
Reply: 28 - 33
KingstonMariner
March 19, 2018, 7:18pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
If there was firm evidence then boycotting the World Cup is the least we should do. Sport and politics do mix wether you like it or not. Governments of all types use it to improve the image of themselves and their countries (including the UK) and to prove that their country/system is better.

But until it's proven we shouldn't take any sanctions.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should England boycott the World Cup? πŸ†

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.