Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should England boycott the World Cup? 🏆
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 268 Guests

Should England boycott the World Cup in Russia?
Yes, unilaterally
Yes, along with other countries
No
  View Results 93 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Should England boycott the World Cup? 🏆

This thread currently has 5,446 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
March 19, 2018, 1:15pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,141
Gold Stars: 102
Russian money bankrolled Brexit to prevent us being part of the tougher tax regime the EU will adopt in 2019. Russian money bankrolls the Tory Party so we go easy on the dodgy billionaires rattling around London. To suggest there will be anything of note to come out of all this that will hurt Russia/Putin is to ignore why the Roubles head into cosy tennis matches and dinners.
Boycotting the World Cup won’t help either, but it was very visionary of the other Home Nations to start their own refusal to go to Russia so early.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
Grim74
March 19, 2018, 1:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
I'm sure Putin will be really hurt at the royal family not attending 😂 This was a Country ahead of its time when it got rid it's own Monarchy, maybe executing them was a tad harsh but never mind. Should we pull out the team on our own (don't believe the rest of the EU would back us despite what they say) and look even bigger idiots? Absolutely not... we're only going to be there for the first two weeks anyway.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
MarinerWY
March 19, 2018, 1:54pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,985
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from 75
The Russians are the least of our concerns. I'm more concerned about Muslim child rape gangs but the mainstream media don't seem interested. If Putin ordered the assassination of the spy traitor, there would be much easier ways of doing it than using a nerve agent easily traceable back to Russia. Either that or he's sending a message to turned spys that the motherland will never forget the treachery.

I would side with the Russians, I agree with a lot of their policies, especially regarding immingration. Europe is a hell hole now thanks to liberals and Merkel. The Russians don't mess about with terrorists or dickheads, I've seen that first hand in Moscow. They deal with tramps by beating them to a pulp, lol. Nowt to do with football anyway.  

My God you have some horrible opinions. Beating homeless people to a pump? Jesus flipping Christ.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
LH
March 19, 2018, 2:01pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
I reckon that we’ll go but the team will struggle getting through arrivals at the airport and be accused of being spies or something. Fans travelling will almost certainly be set upon by their state-sponsored and trained hooligans. The media will probably struggle to get work permits so the coverage will be from Manchester or London. We might as well boycott it anyway because it’ll be a pointless exercise for the two weeks we’re there.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
Azimuth
March 19, 2018, 2:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +691
Gold Stars: 60
It shoul have been boycotted by all nations as soon as it was proven that Russia and Quatar bribed their way into hosting the competition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
March 19, 2018, 2:21pm
Guest User
Quoted from MarinerWY

My God you have some horrible opinions. Beating homeless people to a pump? Jesus flipping Christ.

They had huge batons, they gave them what for I can tell you.  
Reply: 15 - 33
Posh Harry
March 19, 2018, 3:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,344
Gold Stars: 34
By the time we get knocked out in the first round it will seem like we boycotted it anyway 😢

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
grimsby pete
March 19, 2018, 4:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from LH
I reckon that we’ll go but the team will struggle getting through arrivals at the airport and be accused of being spies or something. Fans travelling will almost certainly be set upon by their state-sponsored and trained hooligans. The media will probably struggle to get work permits so the coverage will be from Manchester or London. We might as well boycott it anyway because it’ll be a pointless exercise for the two weeks we’re there.

1970 World Cup,

Bobby Moore was arrested and put in jail on a trump up charge of stealing a necklace at a jewel store,

Every body knew he was innocent but he was kept in jail for several days,

So I would not be surprised what the Russians do to our fans ,

Don't go guys.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
TownSNAFU5
March 19, 2018, 4:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,860
Gold Stars: 42
I thought that we already boycotted the World Cup every 4 years.  Well, since 1966.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
Grimsby2012
March 19, 2018, 4:06pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from chelseacity
So the Russians have brought chemical warfare to the streets of England & some of you want to do nothing, not sure if you realise that the chemical warfare weapon of Novichok produced just outside Moscow could have killed thousands of our own people, this is the second chemical warfare the Russians have done on English soil, the other one was in Nov 2006 where Litvinenko was hit with radioactive polonium another chemical weapon, the Russians have killed probably another 14 people in England, they have brought chemical warfare to the Streets of England and were going to play in the World cup in front of Putin & those that have sent chemical warfare to our streets, are we mad.

"not sure you realise "... Sorry, I didn't know ow you where an expert in chemical warfare and the production of a nerve agent you never heard about up till 2 weeks ago... Overreaction as usual

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should England boycott the World Cup? 🏆

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.