Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Carlisle thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 207 Guests

Carlisle thread

This thread currently has 43,889 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
March 3, 2018, 5:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,273
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Cloudy
Players accused of surrendering? Seems you lot are willing defeat and relegation on our club.

Show some f'ing fight like you demand from the players!!

We can beat Port Vale next week

Show some fight !?!?!?  I think 153 showed that today and were rewarded with another p1ss poor effort.

The way i see it now Jolley has 2-3 games to get to grips with the squad, 3- 4 games to get to grips with a system to suit the squad and then 3-4 games to win.  
Post Fenty's last statement where he claimed there was no reason this squad couldnt get another 20 points i commented i dont think they could muster 10 more never mind 20.....3 straight defeats since then....and i still dont see where the next win or even next points are coming from.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 280 - 362
RonMariner
March 3, 2018, 5:45pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,774
Wilkinson has proved conclusively that he is out of his depth in football management. If we had to go into those games with today's starting 11,  I would say we are already relegated.

Poor though the squad is, there were still better options available today. Give Sulliman a game ahead of one of the OAP's in central defence. Play RHJ, Start with Vernam. Most obvious of all, leave Matt at home. Even Hooper is a better bet than him.

Personally I would cancel Matt's loan and pay him off. He is worse than useless.  It would send a message to the rest of the squad that we would rather not carry passengers at this time.  

We have to find a way to beat Barnet and Chesterfield. Jolly has a few weeks to plan that. He should have some idea of the best side for those games. Let's hope Wilks, Clifton, Davies, and Jackson are available for those games.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 281 - 362
Abdul19
March 3, 2018, 5:51pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,575
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from LH
5/1 for relegation pre-game. I reckon we’ll be about 2/1 in a couple of hours.

365 still offering 11/2 - topped up another tenner

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 282 - 362
FishOutOfWater
March 3, 2018, 5:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Cloudy
Players accused of surrendering? Seems you lot are willing defeat and relegation on our club.

Show some f'ing fight like you demand from the players!!

We can beat Port Vale next week

Anything is possible Cloudy but in the last 15 games there were lots of us who thought we had other winnable games.... but look how they went??

The only way we can win games is by not giving away goals to the opposition and by taking chances created ourselves

There's a chance we might do this against Port Vale but more than likely we will be having a similar conversation next week when we fail again because we don't have the players at our disposal with the necessary application and ability

I hope I'm proved wrong and that Jolley can somehow untap whatever potential there might be in the squad he's about to inherit... I'm not going to be totally pessimistic and say it can't be done, but I'm more realistic in thinking it probably won't be done
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 283 - 362
arryarryarry
March 3, 2018, 6:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,033
Gold Stars: 116
Private Message
Reply: 284 - 362
Limerick Mariner
March 3, 2018, 6:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,713
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Back to page 17 and better times;  I went to both replays against Wolves in the quarter-finals.

My memory is that Drinkell hit the bar at Wolves (in front of 10,000 Town fans), not Ford or Brolly.  The memory plays tricks though.

What would we give for a team half as good as that today?
And this one

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMeBuyGYKAs[/url].

Wasn't Drinkell, my memory is vivid, I hadn't had any ale - was a bit too young, I can see the bald head and the beard, he took his time, measured his strike which was good - too good, if he'd scuffed it a bit probably would have gone in. Nearly got a kicking outside - a few aimed at us as we had to go through all the home fans to get back to the car, but we just kept walking and no one followed us. Fish and chips on the way home in Hykeham, every fish and chips shop on the A46 did a roaring trade that night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 285 - 362
RonMariner
March 3, 2018, 6:52pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,774
Here is how I see it.

We have a 7 point lead over Barnet, who have a game in hand. Should we beat them they have to make up a 10 point deficit in their remaining 10 fixtures. That is quite an ask for a side that is averaging less than a point a game. If, as I think we need to, we get to 46 points Barnet would need 17 points from 10 games (assuming we beat them) to catch us. That is almost promotion form, and it's hard to see them doing that.

We have a 6 point lead over Chesterfield who have two games in hand. If we beat them on our way to 46 points then they would need 16 points from their other 11 games. They have averaged a point a game for the last 6 games so that is not impossible, but would involve a turnaround in form.

But were we to lose those two games, the maths becomes far more worrying. Barnet would need 11 points from 10 games, and Chesterfield 10 from 11. I would not fancy our chances on that scenario. Remember we need to stay ahead of both of them unless someone else goes into free fall.

I think we have to win the Port Vale, Barnet and Chesterfield home games to stay up. One imagines we might pick up a point or two from the remaining 7 fixtures to finish on 46 to 47 points which will probably be enough.  We have  three cup finals. The first of which is next week.

A baptism of fire for MJ.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 286 - 362
Stadium
March 3, 2018, 7:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from petethemariner
I cannot believe Wilkinson wasn't shown the door when Slade was, he must be at least partially culpable for some of the rubbish we have at this club and he continues to have faith in them!
The only hope we have of avoiding the drop is to extinguish the legacy of Slade's regime and that  means Wilkinson should go, He may have been a good player for us but that DOES NOT mean we owe him a living.
We have hope with Jolly, but not if Wilkinson has any input in team selection of tactics.
A clean sweep needed IMO.

It was the same old story-lets get an ex player to manage the side,Disley etc because they were good players.
Wilkinson should have been released-his media appearances were  pathetic.
3 games and three defeats with no improvement whatsoever.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 287 - 362
IlkleyMariner
March 3, 2018, 7:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,033
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Abdul19

365 still offering 11/2 - topped up another tenner

Just bet enough for a conference/national league season ticket in case it's needed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 288 - 362
louth_in_the_south
March 3, 2018, 7:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,697
Gold Stars: 96
You’re a cancer that’s going to kill us

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 289 - 362
37 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Carlisle thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.