5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
March 2, 2018, 9:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
I say let's get behind him but already some on FB are bringing up a past conviction
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 48
headingly_mariner
March 2, 2018, 9:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Spatchcock

Non football but Stranger in the Park, bit of a gay username, makes it sound that you want to suck c0ck  

Bit of classic fishy homophobia. Whack it in the classic threads with the rest of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 48
Spatchcock
March 2, 2018, 9:14pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +32
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from forza ivano

Please can we keep it civil. Don't spoil the positivity and enthusiasm that this news has generated. He's entitled to his opinion although he's in a minority of 2!

Sorry gents shouldn't be speaking out load but I get bored of the negativity that is the Fishy!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 48
ginnywings
March 2, 2018, 9:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
I say let's get behind him but already some on FB are bringing up a past conviction

As long as it's not for crimes against football...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 48
moosey_club
March 2, 2018, 9:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Spatchcock

Sorry gents shouldn't be speaking out load but I get bored of the negativity that is the Fishy!!

Negativity .. or  ...just refusing to get over excited about someone who has only managed an adult team once, for 4 months, in another country, and has a win rate of 22%.....but because he appears articulate and is coming to live here we should all roll over and let him tickle our bellies ?  

A good acadamy coach doesnt necessarily make a good first team manager.

I am admittedly nervous ...we are in real danger of getting sucked into a true relegation fight within a couple of games......he is a completely different style of appointment to what any of us have witnessed here before so some caution/trepidation should be expected ?  Add to that some of the club statement has echoes of the Bignot appointment, youth, developing talent, building , bringing players through....then 6 months later.!

The guy is clearly intelligent, has qualifications coming out of his ears ...only time will tell... but it takes more than a textbook PR exercise tweet to convince some of us that someone we hadnt heard of 3 weeks ago is the new messiah.

Firmly on the fence with this one until the season is over but obviously hoping he works wonders.  UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 48
headingly_mariner
March 2, 2018, 10:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from moosey_club

Negativity .. or  ...just refusing to get over excited about someone who has only managed an adult team once, for 4 months, in another country, and has a win rate of 22%.....but because he appears articulate and is coming to live here we should all roll over and let him tickle our bellies ?  

A good acadamy coach doesnt necessarily make a good first team manager.

I am admittedly nervous ...we are in real danger of getting sucked into a true relegation fight within a couple of games......he is a completely different style of appointment to what any of us have witnessed here before so some caution/trepidation should be expected ?  Add to that some of the club statement has echoes of the Bignot appointment, youth, developing talent, building , bringing players through....then 6 months later.!

The guy is clearly intelligent, has qualifications coming out of his ears ...only time will tell... but it takes more than a textbook PR exercise tweet to convince some of us that someone we hadnt heard of 3 weeks ago is the new messiah.

Firmly on the fence with this one until the season is over but obviously hoping he works wonders.  UTM

Absolutely. I am pleased we've appointed a coach and someone who will clearly be motivated to do well.
I am struggling to reach the excitement levels of many though. He's got very limited experience of being a number one and he's got a massive job on. I don't see how people can think this is a massive coup. We are desperate and could anybody see another league club offering him the job?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 48
ginnywings
March 2, 2018, 10:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
It's just the type of appointment i was looking at myself. Though to be brutally honest, i would have preferred someone from National League or National League North who had already shown he can build a successful side and maybe had a promotion or two, as well as knowing what players down there worth signing. How will he cope if we get relegated?

As ever, only time will tell, but my initial reaction is a positive one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 48
Ipswin
March 2, 2018, 11:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Spatchcock
Has experience of managing a club that is threatened with relegation

They were threatened with relegation when he took over. They had been relegated by the time he left

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 48
blundellpork
March 2, 2018, 11:15pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,655
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from Perkins

Yes, can anyone remember the last manager we had that was able to communicate, especially with the fans, or  the players?

Hurst and Scott could use a computer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 48
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 2, 2018, 11:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
I cannot for the life of me see why so many are excited about this appointment. His record shows far too many appointments in a short period with little to show for it. Probably the cheap option again from JF but can he actually walk the walk? The last thing we need is another "Billy Bullsh!t " like Bignot.

Look sol, you didn't get the job. Put all the toys back in the pram

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michael Jolley tweet

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.