Perkins
March 2, 2018, 7:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Brilliant tweet. If he can get the results to match his ability to communicate, we could really be on to something.

Yes, can anyone remember the last manager we had that was able to communicate, especially with the fans, or  the players?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 48
Northbank Mariner
March 2, 2018, 7:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Here we go again, think they'll be a few squeaky bum moments over the coming weeks until we see if this man can turn us round..
Hello to The Jolley family  and welcome to Grimsby Town Football Club and one of the greatest communities in the country.
Let's get behind Michael and show him a big Grimsby welcome!!..UTM....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 48
jonnyboy82
March 2, 2018, 8:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I actually got goosebumps from reading that , I'm not ashamed to admit it .

I'm so happy this evening that I've told the Mrs to forget any shenanigans tonight she might have foreplanned as I'm now off to bed as Carlisle sounds like its calling my name  tomorrow .

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 48
Spatchcock
March 2, 2018, 8:10pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +32
Gold Stars: 10
I like the sound of this guy. Intelligent, articulate and has progressed his football career over the years working with some notable clubs and coaches. Has experience of managing a club that is threatened with relegation so I feel this would have prepared him for this role. I think he will bring a different approach to this club. In depth with his planning and will study the other team to find their weaknesses. Glad he is moving to the area as well.

The main thing for me is to keep the fans on your side and be realistic with your post match interviews - please don't paper over the cracks and bullsh*t us!!

Good luck Michael fingers crossed you keep us up.

UTM  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 48
Spatchcock
March 2, 2018, 8:21pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +32
Gold Stars: 10
I cannot for the life of me see why so many are excited about this appointment. His record shows far too many appointments in a short period with little to show for it. Probably the cheap option again from JF but can he actually walk the walk? The last thing we need is another "Billy Bullsh!t " like Bignot.

Go to Wiki and check his palmares - "little to shoe for it" my ar$e. Look at how he developed over the years. You ooze the epitome that is the town fan that knows fcuk all about football and is totally negative with their approach. Be positive for a change and get behind the man - muppet.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 48
Tommy
March 2, 2018, 8:26pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
I cannot for the life of me see why so many are excited about this appointment. His record shows far too many appointments in a short period with little to show for it. Probably the cheap option again from JF but can he actually walk the walk? The last thing we need is another "Billy Bullsh!t " like Bignot.

You can't see why people might be excited about the appointment, yet you can apparently see how much money he's on to label it as a cheap option, and you can also see that he's a "Billy bullshit."

Brilliant.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 48
Heisenberg
March 2, 2018, 8:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,029
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Spatchcock

Non football but Stranger in the Park, bit of a gay username, makes it sound that you want to suck c0ck  

Oh dear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 48
Marinerz93
March 2, 2018, 8:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Faultless in his first approach and look forward to what he can do with what we have and hopefully he will bring fresh ideas and the sort of enthusiasm we have been lacking for some time, both on and off the pitch.

Welcome to the Jolly family.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 48
forza ivano
March 2, 2018, 8:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,149
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Spatchcock

Non football but Stranger in the Park, bit of a gay username, makes it sound that you want to suck c0ck  

Please can we keep it civil. Don't spoil the positivity and enthusiasm that this news has generated. He's entitled to his opinion although he's in a minority of 2!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 48
H19P1
March 2, 2018, 8:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710

Can't please everyone I suppose dark cloud
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michael Jolley tweet

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.