This thread currently has 12,004 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
mrsd
February 17, 2018, 5:58pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +144
The difference between McKeown and most of the others is that this club means something to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 61
ginnywings
February 17, 2018, 6:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from mrsd
The difference between McKeown and most of the others is that this club means something to him.

Exactly. The board have allowed us to go down the same route that got us into non league last time. Players who don't give a fook.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 61
cmackenzie4
February 17, 2018, 6:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from ginnywings

Exactly. The board have allowed us to go down the same route that got us into non league last time. Players who don't give a fook.

Exactly this ginny and that’s why I’m very angry tonight.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 61
nightrider
February 17, 2018, 6:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
And to think only a week or two ago,  Russell Slade was telling us how he was building something and it takes time  
Fraud should never get a job in football again seriously

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 61
MarinerMart
February 17, 2018, 6:05pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +209
It's the worse squad I have seen whilst supporting Town. And I have seen some bad ones in my many years of supporting them. Total clear out should we manage to avoid the drop.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 61
FishOutOfWater
February 17, 2018, 6:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from headingly_mariner
I understand the anger towards the players, but it is only them who can keep us up. It's hard because they aren't good enough, but a battle between the fans and players will only make us worse.

The board are getting some well deserved stick.

Time for a Fans' Forum to tell us how they are going to fix this mess that they and they alone have created

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 61
RoboCod
February 17, 2018, 6:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from headingly_mariner
I understand the anger towards the players, but it is only them who can keep us up. It's hard because they aren't good enough, but a battle between the fans and players will only make us worse.

The board are getting some well deserved stick.

I'm enjoying the newly critical GET coverage. Now labelled as the 'Rated and Slated' column, with todays team averaging a poor 4/10 and (mostly) harsh appraisals of each player.
It'll all probably just add to the Boards paranoia levels as they insist everyone but themselves are wrong, in reality everyone in the world but them can see this board have been negligent in their duties and are close to bringing an established club to its knees. The final step will be the appointment of Wilko, the man who was 'devastated' by Slade's sacking, and 'enjoyed every minute' he worked alongside him.

Let's have a think about that...while the team embarrassed us all with week after week/month after month of woeful football, while we have stayed out of the bottom 3 ONLY because the bottom 3 kept losing, while the idiot Slade unnecessarily stuck his oar into the Matt Dean debacle...Wilko found this all normal and somehow enjoyable?

Sack the whole lot of them.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 61
nightrider
February 17, 2018, 6:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Contradicting myself now.... but..... how on earth did we flirt with the playoffs a few months ago??  
Because we desperately need some of that now

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 61
grimsby pete
February 17, 2018, 6:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
To be fair we started OK without looking like scoring then they scored
2nd half  was as poor I have seen for many a year even my 8 year old great granddaughter said we were rubbish,

So we left at 3-0 which was better than Ipswin who left at 2 -0,

Town fans were great at the start and must have been 700 or more singing and chanting,

Then due to the lack of effort from the players they went quiet and then turned on the non triers ,

Nearly a punch up on the way out with a Fenty fan and a few anti Fenty ones,

We need a miracle worker to get anything out of these players who seem uninterested ,

Felt sorry for Macca having to come back to play with this rubbish.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 61
sydney
February 17, 2018, 6:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Shocking Day
Terrible Performance
Fans Clashing
75% of team awful
Will try and post something more positive later
Sad to be a town fan tonight
Relegation Looms with such performances
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.