Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let's draw a line under it all now...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 274 Guests

Let's draw a line under it all now...

This thread currently has 8,751 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
February 5, 2018, 12:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
We have to ask Mr shut up Marley seeing as he is the accountant,

1. Cost of saxking Slade,

2, Cost of being non league again,

3  How much extra money the bigger gates will bring in if Slade is sacked.

Do the figures and report back.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 59
MarinersOnTheUp
February 5, 2018, 2:37pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
We draw a line under it and then what? A few months time were in the same situation again. What's the point of that? It seems to happen time and time again through.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 59
arryarryarry
February 5, 2018, 10:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
I'm not the only one who is sick of the outright hatred being brought up again and again toward Fenty.

I would defy anyone who says he does not want the best for GTFC  but it's all been said before.

At this moment I just want us to stay up not sure changing things now will even work we have got what we have got.

On Saturday the loud chant that started in the upper "stand up if you love Grimsby" looked and sounded great from the main stand. Then all the upper, lower and Pontoon stood up and followed suit.

Followed by "All town are we" actually brought a lump to my throat after all that had gone on before.

Must say despite the crowd size it is as good a noise I have heard in here all season.

Like it or not good, bad and ugly we are a family no fecker else gives a toss about us.

UTM.

Unfortunately the only chants at the end of the game were boos ringing out yet again after the abject failure to win a home game.

All the statements from the club wont help until Slade has gone.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 59
KingstonMariner
February 5, 2018, 11:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimsby pete

What you're saying is Pete, we need to get our facts right, and then draw a line under them.

And write a final number under that line.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 59
promotion plaice
February 6, 2018, 12:03am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from grimsby pete

Easy peesy.........the benign loan will become insurmountable.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 59
RonMariner
February 6, 2018, 12:07am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,688
Gold Stars: 226
I am really worried about this season, but on balance, thanks largely to Barnet and Chesterfield, I have just about managed to persuade myself that we will survive. Reports from Saturdays game suggest that Hall-Johnson and Wilks might make a positive impact, and Jackson has scored a few in his time. We are drawing or losing by the odd goal in many matches, so a slight improvement might be enough to keep us up.

But I really fear for next season. I have zero confidence in Slade. He has to go so that a new guy can build a new squad. With all the loanees going, and a few out of contract in the summer it's an opportunity to get a fresh squad together.

But if Slade remains I fear we are well and truly done for. He has to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 59
Mrs Doyle
February 6, 2018, 5:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Fenty backed Hurst for six seasons in non-league when let's face it a large majority on and off here wanted him gone.

I don't think Slade is much good but I also think he is a smooth talker and has got himself a very lucrative contract.

Can not understand how Fenty fell for it again but my feeling is Slade must be sailing close to the wind it's when the board decides enough is enough.

I think we WILL JUST SURVIVE this season thanks mainly to Barnet and Chesterfield but if we want decent season ticket sales next season he has got to go.

During summer a massive amount of rebuilding is going to be needed and excess getting rid of to get a DECENT slimmed down cost-effective squad back together.

Slade as proved beyond a shadow of a doubt he is NOT the man for that job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 59
Mrs Doyle
February 6, 2018, 5:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from arryarryarry

Unfortunately the only chants at the end of the game were boos ringing out yet again after the abject failure to win a home game.

All the statements from the club wont help until Slade has gone.

I ticked that Array because I totally agree with you on that one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 59
rancido
February 6, 2018, 7:58pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
I'm not the only one who is sick of the outright hatred being brought up again and again toward Fenty.

I would defy anyone who says he does not want the best for GTFC  but it's all been said before.

At this moment I just want us to stay up not sure changing things now will even work we have got what we have got.

On Saturday the loud chant that started in the upper "stand up if you love Grimsby" looked and sounded great from the main stand. Then all the upper, lower and Pontoon stood up and followed suit.

Followed by "All town are we" actually brought a lump to my throat after all that had gone on before.

Must say despite the crowd size it is as good a noise I have heard in here all season.

Like it or not good, bad and ugly we are a family no fecker else gives a toss about us.

UTM.

...and JF stood up as well !!!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 59
Cambs Mariner
February 6, 2018, 8:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
If Mr Slade has managed to negotiate himself a good salary and long contract, with a decent pay off if/when he leaves,  then somebody on the board surely has to be held responsible for that decision.
They must have looked at his CV and thought a potential manager with his record of being sacked 3 times in just over a year is a huge risk.
They must have been aware that to give him a supposedly large salary and contract that they wouldn't be able to afford to pay him off if he failed.
If he had been given a reasonable salary and a years contract then it would have been more understandable when he was appointed.
I know we don't know for certain that he is on a large salary and long contract but if the rumours are true somebodies head has to roll for negligence and failure for putting the club at risk.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let's draw a line under it all now...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.