Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let's draw a line under it all now...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 285 Guests

Let's draw a line under it all now...

This thread currently has 8,744 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Cod Cheeks
February 4, 2018, 6:40pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
....use yesterday as a watershed moment.
We cannot progress unless we all pull together. We all need each other.
Cmon Town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Marinerz93
February 4, 2018, 6:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
[img]https://i.imgur.com/iiErBW3.gif[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 59
promotion plaice
February 4, 2018, 6:51pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197

Worst thing for me is I don't know what to think of the club from the top to the bottom at the moment  

Is there any progress on the new stadium John ? please give me something to cling on to.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 59
Henryscat
February 4, 2018, 7:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 59
golfer
February 4, 2018, 7:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,425
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from promotion plaice

Worst thing for me is I don't know what to think of the club from the top to the bottom at the moment  

Is there any progress on the new stadium John ? please give me something to cling on to.

A little phrase from Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice-    "TRUTH WILL OUT"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 59
topuphere666
February 4, 2018, 7:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Issue is, drawing a line under it time after time has put us in the position we’re in today - Team full of journeymen and young loanees, a manager who was sacked more times in a season than we score goals, a board with no idea how to move the club forward.

Things need to change. I haven’t a clue for who, what, where, why and how but hopefully someone does.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 59
cmackenzie4
February 4, 2018, 7:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
All I am bothered about at this moment in time is Town being in league 2 next season and not going down to the conference, that’s the most important thing for me, if we went down again it would take us years to recover.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 59
dapperz fun pub
February 4, 2018, 7:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,927
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from cmackenzie4
All I am bothered about at this moment in time is Town being in league 2 next season and not going down to the conference, that’s the most important thing for me, if we went down again it would take us years to recover.

Would we ever recover is my worry
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 59
lew chaterleys lover
February 4, 2018, 7:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,696
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from cmackenzie4

You can't be that bothered, youv'e stopped going to the games haven't you?!
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 59
cmackenzie4
February 4, 2018, 7:42pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34

You can't be that bothered, youv'e stopped going to the games haven't you?!

Just because at this moment in time i have stopped going to games (I’ve got valid reasons as to why) doesn’t mean I don’t care about my team, is that ok with you?

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 59
H19P1
February 4, 2018, 7:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
For me, Fentys message is somewhat reassuring in this current climate. He fully believes in this transition and clearly has a plan that he won't walk away from. We either get on the train and follow the journey or stay on the platform.

i like the idea of drawing the line and feel we have shown our passion and frustrations and will continue to do so if something isn't quite right.

Fenty has come out and spoken as we wished.

#wegoagain ✊

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 59
lew chaterleys lover
February 4, 2018, 8:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Just because at this moment in time i have stopped going to games (I’ve got valid reasons as to why) doesn’t mean I don’t care about my team, is that ok with you?

It's not my problem is it? If you would rather be in a coffee shop or wherever you said you are during the matches then obviously that is your choice.

Seems strange to me when we need all the support we can get, but that is just me.  
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 59
lew chaterleys lover
February 4, 2018, 8:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from H19P1
For me, Fentys message is somewhat reassuring in this current climate. He fully believes in this transition and clearly has a plan that he won't walk away from. We either get on the train and follow the journey or stay on the platform.

i like the idea of drawing the line and feel we have shown our passion and frustrations and will continue to do so if something isn't quite right.

#wegoagain ✊

Surely we need more than a well worded press release before "we go again?"

In the summer, if he makes substantial changes to personnel and the way he works, and invests big in the club and aims for promotion in a meaningful way and starts to turn the club around, I am all for giving him a 16th chance.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 59
TAGG
February 4, 2018, 8:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,960
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
....use yesterday as a watershed moment.
We cannot progress unless we all pull together. We all need each other.
Cmon Town

To late to draw a line now mate.
Pressure needs to be kept up to save the club. It is getting boring though.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 59
chaos33
February 4, 2018, 8:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357

It's not my problem is it? If you would rather be in a coffee shop or wherever you said you are during the matches then obviously that is your choice.

Seems strange to me when we need all the support we can get, but that is just me.  

Why are you singling him out? Do you know his circumstances? Chris has been supporting Town home and away for decades! Who are you to judge people's decisions on actually attending at present, or not?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 59
lew chaterleys lover
February 4, 2018, 8:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

Why are you singling him out? Do you know his circumstances? Chris has been supporting Town home and away for decades! Who are you to judge people's decisions on actually attending at present, or not?

I was just replying to a post he made on a public forum. Nothing personal, but he has openly said he prefers to spend his Saturdays in a coffee shop, yet posts the most important thing to him is that we don't go down. Not going to the games whilst you hope against hope we don't go down seems contradictory to me.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 59
pontoon442
February 4, 2018, 9:07pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: -256
Gold Stars: 5
Slade is still here nothing has changed at all protests must continue until things do change for the better, step one goodbye salde...To late to draw a line now mate
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 59
Marinerz93
February 4, 2018, 9:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker

Is it support the club needs, to me the club needs points and at least 15 of them to secure league 2 status next season, the support will grow when we start winning games and people who have chosen to stay away will naturally be drawn back. I don't know how anyone can have a go at those who after 14 years of shite have had enough and are taking a break, it's not as if they have been missing good football. to still come on here and talk about Town means that passion just needs rekindling, over to Slade.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 59
friskneymariner
February 4, 2018, 9:21pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
I too think we should concentrate on getting that clown Slade out.

The longest journey starts with the first step.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 59
chaos33
February 4, 2018, 9:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker

I was just replying to a post he made on a public forum. Nothing personal, but he has openly said he prefers to spend his Saturdays in a coffee shop, yet posts the most important thing to him is that we don't go down. Not going to the games whilst you hope against hope we don't go down seems contradictory to me.

Why? Does his personal attendance at present have any bearing on results? On his devotion over the years? What about his personal circumstances? He could be dealing with health or family problems, depression, low income....anything. He could just be trying to make a point by not attending because he thinks that's his best way of being heard. He's not alone is he. There are at least a thousand people not attending games now for whatever reason (take a guess). You want to judge or criticise them all in one sweeping assessment, or just single out CJM?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 59
TAGG
February 4, 2018, 9:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from H19P1

#wegoagain ✊

FFS
WTF does “goagain” mean??
Did you sit and watch that excrement again on Saturday??? Fukin go again it would have been nice to have started in the first place.
This latest “dribble” means nothing.
Slade is still in charge, we have a bunch of loan players with no vested interest in Town and we still can’t see where our next win is coming from.
#Stillwaitingforsladetofuckoff

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 59
ginnywings
February 4, 2018, 10:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
It probably is time to draw a line under it now. We have the manger we have until/unless others decide we don't. We have the players we have, whoever is managing them, and we have 14 games to get away from danger. I will be at all the remaining home games, giving my support and when the season is over, that's the time to assess.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 59
GrimRob
February 4, 2018, 10:14pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,402
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from friskneymariner
I too think we should concentrate on getting that clown Slade out.

The longest journey starts with the first step.

Spot on for me. We can be successful under Fenty, 2016 was a great year! There is no reason why, with the right manager, that this club couldn't be buzzing again like it was 2 years ago. But I just can't see it happening, ever, with Slade in charge here.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 59
H19P1
February 4, 2018, 10:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Approval: +710
Quoted from TAGG

FFS
WTF does “goagain” mean??
Did you sit and watch that excrement again on Saturday??? Fukin go again it would have been nice to have started in the first place.
This latest “dribble” means nothing.
Slade is still in charge, we have a bunch of loan players with no vested interest in Town and we still can’t see where our next win is coming from.
#Stillwaitingforsladetofuckoff

You're negativity is somewhat of a concern and not to mention your language. Platform or train?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 59
lew chaterleys lover
February 4, 2018, 10:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Having reflected on it I apologise for my post. Out of order.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 59
ginnywings
February 4, 2018, 10:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic

Having reflected on it I apologise for my post. Out of order.

Sunday beers?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 59
louth_in_the_south
February 4, 2018, 10:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,671
Gold Stars: 94
Slades here for the rest of the season like it or not . I want him out but continual bleating about it isn’t going to get the points we need to keep us safe . The fans have made their point to the chairman and slade that’s why there’s been these panicked statements thrown out over the last week . We’ll all be here long after they’ve gone so it’s time to get behind the team now and give them the support they desperately need at this time .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 59
lew chaterleys lover
February 4, 2018, 10:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Sunday beers?

You have accused me of that before and again the answer is no  

I do what I urge Fenty not to do - shoot from the hip. I have had a bee in my bonnet about people giving up on the team, but as Chris rightly pointed out - who am I to judge.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 59
chaos33
February 4, 2018, 11:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Sunday beers?

Love a few Sunday beers (and G&T's).  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 59
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 4, 2018, 11:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from golfer

A little phrase from Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice-    "TRUTH WILL OUT"

A little phrase from the fast show "anyone fancy a pint"

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 59
ginnywings
February 4, 2018, 11:31pm

Recovering Alcoholic

You have accused me of that before and again the answer is no  

I do what I urge Fenty not to do - shoot from the hip. I have had a bee in my bonnet about people giving up on the team, but as Chris rightly pointed out - who am I to judge.

I was prepared to forgive if you'd had a few, but not now you bully.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 59
Meza
February 5, 2018, 12:03am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,638
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Same here Chris i havent been this season yet...isually go with my dad but he doesnt like the home atmosphere.  Anyway im like you im just as passionate as anyone and just because im not a season ticket holder shouldn't make me any different to one that does.  If i have a season ticket does that grant me some special high rank or something lol.

Anyway i do feel for JF and your right John we do have some twits as fans if they are fans at all.  I can remember a good portion saying how crap Summetfield was and to get him as far away from the first team as possible.....yet now someone else is junk and Summerfield is like strawberry jam.   i thought he was a good player...decent range of passing...good engine on him and likes to score the odd belter.  

What we have to understand as fans is that players are human beings and sometimes they hit the ground running and sometimes they dont.  

Anyway.....i know some of the fans cant, wont let it lie with RS and JF and i respect thats their choice but we just need to remain strong for the players after all alienating them and well.....we're truly screwed.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 59
Mrs Doyle
February 5, 2018, 12:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I'm not the only one who is sick of the outright hatred being brought up again and again toward Fenty.

I would defy anyone who says he does not want the best for GTFC  but it's all been said before.

At this moment I just want us to stay up not sure changing things now will even work we have got what we have got.

On Saturday the loud chant that started in the upper "stand up if you love Grimsby" looked and sounded great from the main stand. Then all the upper, lower and Pontoon stood up and followed suit.

Followed by "All town are we" actually brought a lump to my throat after all that had gone on before.

Must say despite the crowd size it is as good a noise I have heard in here all season.

Like it or not good, bad and ugly we are a family no fecker else gives a toss about us.

UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 59
1mickylyons
February 5, 2018, 8:06am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
I'm not the only one who is sick of the outright hatred being brought up again and again toward Fenty.

I would defy anyone who says he does not want the best for GTFC  but it's all been said before.

At this moment I just want us to stay up not sure changing things now will even work we have got what we have got.

On Saturday the loud chant that started in the upper "stand up if you love Grimsby" looked and sounded great from the main stand. Then all the upper, lower and Pontoon stood up and followed suit.

Followed by "All town are we" actually brought a lump to my throat after all that had gone on before.

Must say despite the crowd size it is as good a noise I have heard in here all season.

Like it or not good, bad and ugly we are a family no fecker else gives a toss about us.

UTM.

I have said it others have said and opposing Manager`s previously have said it.When the GY crowd back their team it`s old school it`s partisan it isn`t pleasant for the opposition and it helps win games BUT the crowd need something to feed off.If Fenty gives us the head of Slade this week Blundell Park will be like a flipping bear pit til the end of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 59
wiggers
February 5, 2018, 8:35am
Snakebite drinker
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 11
The Slade appointment has been an absolute disaster. The Fenty statement won’t change that. Why won’t he get rid? With him gone people will be back in their droves. I have no intention of returning to BP whilst he is in charge, my Son, my Dad, my Cousin and his son all feel the same way along with many others. I just don’t get it?? As a person Slade seems like a nice guy but his style of football is boring, he has replaced good players with far worse, we can’t win a game or score goals and are on a one way course to relegation. Getting behind the team is very difficult when you don’t believe in the manager, his tactics and player selection. Like many have said on here there are lots of us that have been supporting Town over 30 years, this is the first time I have voted with my feet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 59
TAGG
February 5, 2018, 10:53am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from H19P1

You're negativity is somewhat of a concern and not to mention your language. Platform or train?

I am full of positivity.
I'm positive that Fenty has made one big fuckup of our club.
I'm positive that he is still making a intercourse up of our club.
I am positive that no other club would have employed a Manager who has never won anything and was sacked from his last three jobs.
I am positive that there are to many fools still backing a man who has never made one good decision for our club.
As for the language I've toned the fornicator down for you for this post  ❤️

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 59
grimsby pete
February 5, 2018, 10:53am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
I think I can speak for everyone on here and say Yes Lets move on UP the table.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 59
lew chaterleys lover
February 5, 2018, 11:08am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

UTM.

God this is getting tiresome.

Is the only plus point point for Fenty that he "wants the best for the club"?

We all want that from the manager to the tea lady.

He has had 15 years or so do actually DO something which would lead to the club actually getting better. After an initial investment (which we all applaud him for) he has done nothing, zilch, zero to make the club any better whatsoever, either on the field or off it.

People have to be accountable for their actions; he has failed in every single respect, by any measure. If people have got such low expectations that having any club at all counts for success, then we are doomed, as eventually the lack of investment on and off the pitch will catch up with us, and we go the way of York.

It won't happen overnight, but he must make arrangements to step down, even if it is an internal shake up of the club till a buyer is found, on terms that Fenty can live with, but not with so many strings attached it is a waste of time.

Whatever happens between now and the end of the season, we must prepare for life after Fenty.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 59
marinerrick
February 5, 2018, 11:48am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +52
I sat in the upper on Saturday and yes the 'stand up if you love Grimsby' was great. I couldn't see but i wonder if JF stood up i imagine so.  I agree that Slade is not the best man for the job but we have to put up with it for this season,  As for the 'stand up if you have had enough chant' I think it was pointless and would not have shown the true feelings of many a fan.  I stood up not because I've had enough but because i couldn't see as someone in front of me had stood up. this may have happened from row A to row T in all stands.  The protests were peaceful and although unfortunately in my opinion directed at the wrong man, were very much acknowledged by JF and commendably commented upon.  Lets pick up and go again starting with Crawley on Saturday and make this season safe and one to forget.  For the record i'm not a ST holder but still attend as many home games as I can along with a handful of away days.  UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 59
February 5, 2018, 11:51am
Guest User
Quoted from wiggers
The Slade appointment has been an absolute disaster. The Fenty statement won’t change that. Why won’t he get rid? With him gone people will be back in their droves. I have no intention of returning to BP whilst he is in charge, my Son, my Dad, my Cousin and his son all feel the same way along with many others. I just don’t get it?? As a person Slade seems like a nice guy but his style of football is boring, he has replaced good players with far worse, we can’t win a game or score goals and are on a one way course to relegation. Getting behind the team is very difficult when you don’t believe in the manager, his tactics and player selection. Like many have said on here there are lots of us that have been supporting Town over 30 years, this is the first time I have voted with my feet.

Great post, pretty much sums it up.
Reply: 39 - 59
grimsby pete
February 5, 2018, 12:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
We have to ask Mr shut up Marley seeing as he is the accountant,

1. Cost of saxking Slade,

2, Cost of being non league again,

3  How much extra money the bigger gates will bring in if Slade is sacked.

Do the figures and report back.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 59
MarinersOnTheUp
February 5, 2018, 2:37pm
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
We draw a line under it and then what? A few months time were in the same situation again. What's the point of that? It seems to happen time and time again through.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 59
arryarryarry
February 5, 2018, 10:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

UTM.

Unfortunately the only chants at the end of the game were boos ringing out yet again after the abject failure to win a home game.

All the statements from the club wont help until Slade has gone.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 59
KingstonMariner
February 5, 2018, 11:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimsby pete

What you're saying is Pete, we need to get our facts right, and then draw a line under them.

And write a final number under that line.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 59
promotion plaice
February 6, 2018, 12:03am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from grimsby pete

Easy peesy.........the benign loan will become insurmountable.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 59
RonMariner
February 6, 2018, 12:07am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,655
Gold Stars: 226
I am really worried about this season, but on balance, thanks largely to Barnet and Chesterfield, I have just about managed to persuade myself that we will survive. Reports from Saturdays game suggest that Hall-Johnson and Wilks might make a positive impact, and Jackson has scored a few in his time. We are drawing or losing by the odd goal in many matches, so a slight improvement might be enough to keep us up.

But I really fear for next season. I have zero confidence in Slade. He has to go so that a new guy can build a new squad. With all the loanees going, and a few out of contract in the summer it's an opportunity to get a fresh squad together.

But if Slade remains I fear we are well and truly done for. He has to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 59
Mrs Doyle
February 6, 2018, 5:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Fenty backed Hurst for six seasons in non-league when let's face it a large majority on and off here wanted him gone.

I don't think Slade is much good but I also think he is a smooth talker and has got himself a very lucrative contract.

Can not understand how Fenty fell for it again but my feeling is Slade must be sailing close to the wind it's when the board decides enough is enough.

I think we WILL JUST SURVIVE this season thanks mainly to Barnet and Chesterfield but if we want decent season ticket sales next season he has got to go.

During summer a massive amount of rebuilding is going to be needed and excess getting rid of to get a DECENT slimmed down cost-effective squad back together.

Slade as proved beyond a shadow of a doubt he is NOT the man for that job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 59
Mrs Doyle
February 6, 2018, 5:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Unfortunately the only chants at the end of the game were boos ringing out yet again after the abject failure to win a home game.

All the statements from the club wont help until Slade has gone.

I ticked that Array because I totally agree with you on that one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 59
rancido
February 6, 2018, 7:58pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

UTM.

...and JF stood up as well !!!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 59
Cambs Mariner
February 6, 2018, 8:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Approval: +1,233
If Mr Slade has managed to negotiate himself a good salary and long contract, with a decent pay off if/when he leaves,  then somebody on the board surely has to be held responsible for that decision.
They must have looked at his CV and thought a potential manager with his record of being sacked 3 times in just over a year is a huge risk.
They must have been aware that to give him a supposedly large salary and contract that they wouldn't be able to afford to pay him off if he failed.
If he had been given a reasonable salary and a years contract then it would have been more understandable when he was appointed.
I know we don't know for certain that he is on a large salary and long contract but if the rumours are true somebodies head has to roll for negligence and failure for putting the club at risk.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 59
Cod Cheeks
February 7, 2018, 6:32pm
Snakebite drinker
Lincoln keep proving that unity is strength.
It won't change for us until we're all pulling the bus up the hill
If we keep trying to prove who is to blame then we're doomed
FFS smell the National League!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 59
Marinerz93
February 7, 2018, 8:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Cod Cheeks

We all pulled in the same direction and backed the club as much as we could the last time we dropped into non league, that was down to the board, manager and players not the fans. Blackpool got promoted even though their fans boycotted the club, that was down to their board, manager and players.

The board, manager and players are the real ones who drive success and failure regardless how many fans turn out, look at Scunthorpe. It's about time the Town fans are stopped being used as an excuse as to why this club is failing and has done so for over a decade.

Private Message
Reply: 51 - 59
arryarryarry
February 7, 2018, 11:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Marinerz93

We all pulled in the same direction and backed the club as much as we could the last time we dropped into non league, that was down to the board, manager and players not the fans. Blackpool got promoted even though their fans boycotted the club, that was down to their board, manager and players.

The board, manager and players are the real ones who drive success and failure regardless how many fans turn out, look at Scunthorpe. It's about time the Town fans are stopped being used as an excuse as to why this club is failing and has done so for over a decade.

Spot on.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 59
Balthazar Bullitt
February 7, 2018, 11:33pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from Cod Cheeks

Completely agree.

When do you think the people on the Board will realise that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 59
Garth
February 8, 2018, 8:31am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Cod Cheeks

Its pointless pulling the bus up the hill when the driver keeps steering us off the road
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 59
Cod Cheeks
February 8, 2018, 11:46am
Snakebite drinker
never thought of that!!
Quoted from Garth

Its pointless pulling the bus up the hill when the driver keeps steering us off the road

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 59
monkeyboy
February 8, 2018, 3:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Were the fans different when Alan Buckly was so succesful? probably not but the Board sure was. hey we had succes but was it the fans fault?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 59
Madeleymariner
February 8, 2018, 5:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
I have to say I will happily take part in any Slade Out chant and hope there are plenty that occur during any game but wont be booing players, even Berret or Woolford, but we will not progress with this bloke as manager and has to be gone asap and as much pressure  put on JF to get rid as possible and if that means chanting Slade Out for 90 mins at games, (As opposed to RS B&W army)  so be it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 59
Cloudy
February 8, 2018, 6:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Madeleymariner
I have to say I will happily take part in any Slade Out chant and hope there are plenty that occur during any game but wont be booing players, even Berret or Woolford, but we will not progress with this bloke as manager and has to be gone asap and as much pressure  put on JF to get rid as possible and if that means chanting Slade Out for 90 mins at games, (As opposed to RS B&W army)  so be it.

Not sure many will hear you chanting at iplayer on your laptop!
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 59
Madeleymariner
February 8, 2018, 6:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from Cloudy

Not sure many will hear you chanting at iplayer on your laptop!

Thats true but I will be at a few more games this season. got to say it though shouting at the computer helps get me through it each week
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 59
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let's draw a line under it all now...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.