Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let's draw a line under it all now...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 277 Guests

Let's draw a line under it all now...

This thread currently has 8,749 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
H19P1
February 4, 2018, 7:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
For me, Fentys message is somewhat reassuring in this current climate. He fully believes in this transition and clearly has a plan that he won't walk away from. We either get on the train and follow the journey or stay on the platform.

i like the idea of drawing the line and feel we have shown our passion and frustrations and will continue to do so if something isn't quite right.

Fenty has come out and spoken as we wished.

#wegoagain ✊

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 59
lew chaterleys lover
February 4, 2018, 8:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Just because at this moment in time i have stopped going to games (I’ve got valid reasons as to why) doesn’t mean I don’t care about my team, is that ok with you?

It's not my problem is it? If you would rather be in a coffee shop or wherever you said you are during the matches then obviously that is your choice.

Seems strange to me when we need all the support we can get, but that is just me.  
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 59
lew chaterleys lover
February 4, 2018, 8:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from H19P1
For me, Fentys message is somewhat reassuring in this current climate. He fully believes in this transition and clearly has a plan that he won't walk away from. We either get on the train and follow the journey or stay on the platform.

i like the idea of drawing the line and feel we have shown our passion and frustrations and will continue to do so if something isn't quite right.

Fenty has come out and spoken as we wished.

#wegoagain ✊

Surely we need more than a well worded press release before "we go again?"

In the summer, if he makes substantial changes to personnel and the way he works, and invests big in the club and aims for promotion in a meaningful way and starts to turn the club around, I am all for giving him a 16th chance.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 59
TAGG
February 4, 2018, 8:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,970
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
....use yesterday as a watershed moment.
We cannot progress unless we all pull together. We all need each other.
Cmon Town

To late to draw a line now mate.
Pressure needs to be kept up to save the club. It is getting boring though.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 59
chaos33
February 4, 2018, 8:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360

It's not my problem is it? If you would rather be in a coffee shop or wherever you said you are during the matches then obviously that is your choice.

Seems strange to me when we need all the support we can get, but that is just me.  

Why are you singling him out? Do you know his circumstances? Chris has been supporting Town home and away for decades! Who are you to judge people's decisions on actually attending at present, or not?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 59
lew chaterleys lover
February 4, 2018, 8:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

Why are you singling him out? Do you know his circumstances? Chris has been supporting Town home and away for decades! Who are you to judge people's decisions on actually attending at present, or not?

I was just replying to a post he made on a public forum. Nothing personal, but he has openly said he prefers to spend his Saturdays in a coffee shop, yet posts the most important thing to him is that we don't go down. Not going to the games whilst you hope against hope we don't go down seems contradictory to me.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 59
pontoon442
February 4, 2018, 9:07pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: -256
Gold Stars: 5
Slade is still here nothing has changed at all protests must continue until things do change for the better, step one goodbye salde...To late to draw a line now mate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 59
Marinerz93
February 4, 2018, 9:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1

Is it support the club needs, to me the club needs points and at least 15 of them to secure league 2 status next season, the support will grow when we start winning games and people who have chosen to stay away will naturally be drawn back. I don't know how anyone can have a go at those who after 14 years of shite have had enough and are taking a break, it's not as if they have been missing good football. to still come on here and talk about Town means that passion just needs rekindling, over to Slade.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 59
friskneymariner
February 4, 2018, 9:21pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
I too think we should concentrate on getting that clown Slade out.

The longest journey starts with the first step.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 59
chaos33
February 4, 2018, 9:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360

I was just replying to a post he made on a public forum. Nothing personal, but he has openly said he prefers to spend his Saturdays in a coffee shop, yet posts the most important thing to him is that we don't go down. Not going to the games whilst you hope against hope we don't go down seems contradictory to me.

Why? Does his personal attendance at present have any bearing on results? On his devotion over the years? What about his personal circumstances? He could be dealing with health or family problems, depression, low income....anything. He could just be trying to make a point by not attending because he thinks that's his best way of being heard. He's not alone is he. There are at least a thousand people not attending games now for whatever reason (take a guess). You want to judge or criticise them all in one sweeping assessment, or just single out CJM?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let's draw a line under it all now...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.