Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let's draw a line under it all now...
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Baidu Spider and 240 Guests

Let's draw a line under it all now...

This thread currently has 8,770 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
February 4, 2018, 11:31pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548

You have accused me of that before and again the answer is no  

I do what I urge Fenty not to do - shoot from the hip. I have had a bee in my bonnet about people giving up on the team, but as Chris rightly pointed out - who am I to judge.

I was prepared to forgive if you'd had a few, but not now you bully.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 59
Meza
February 5, 2018, 12:03am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,650
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Just because at this moment in time i have stopped going to games (I’ve got valid reasons as to why) doesn’t mean I don’t care about my team, is that ok with you?

Same here Chris i havent been this season yet...isually go with my dad but he doesnt like the home atmosphere.  Anyway im like you im just as passionate as anyone and just because im not a season ticket holder shouldn't make me any different to one that does.  If i have a season ticket does that grant me some special high rank or something lol.

Anyway i do feel for JF and your right John we do have some twits as fans if they are fans at all.  I can remember a good portion saying how crap Summetfield was and to get him as far away from the first team as possible.....yet now someone else is junk and Summerfield is like strawberry jam.   i thought he was a good player...decent range of passing...good engine on him and likes to score the odd belter.  

What we have to understand as fans is that players are human beings and sometimes they hit the ground running and sometimes they dont.  

Anyway.....i know some of the fans cant, wont let it lie with RS and JF and i respect thats their choice but we just need to remain strong for the players after all alienating them and well.....we're truly screwed.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 59
Mrs Doyle
February 5, 2018, 12:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I'm not the only one who is sick of the outright hatred being brought up again and again toward Fenty.

I would defy anyone who says he does not want the best for GTFC  but it's all been said before.

At this moment I just want us to stay up not sure changing things now will even work we have got what we have got.

On Saturday the loud chant that started in the upper "stand up if you love Grimsby" looked and sounded great from the main stand. Then all the upper, lower and Pontoon stood up and followed suit.

Followed by "All town are we" actually brought a lump to my throat after all that had gone on before.

Must say despite the crowd size it is as good a noise I have heard in here all season.

Like it or not good, bad and ugly we are a family no fecker else gives a toss about us.

UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 59
1mickylyons
February 5, 2018, 8:06am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
I'm not the only one who is sick of the outright hatred being brought up again and again toward Fenty.

I would defy anyone who says he does not want the best for GTFC  but it's all been said before.

At this moment I just want us to stay up not sure changing things now will even work we have got what we have got.

On Saturday the loud chant that started in the upper "stand up if you love Grimsby" looked and sounded great from the main stand. Then all the upper, lower and Pontoon stood up and followed suit.

Followed by "All town are we" actually brought a lump to my throat after all that had gone on before.

Must say despite the crowd size it is as good a noise I have heard in here all season.

Like it or not good, bad and ugly we are a family no fecker else gives a toss about us.

UTM.

I have said it others have said and opposing Manager`s previously have said it.When the GY crowd back their team it`s old school it`s partisan it isn`t pleasant for the opposition and it helps win games BUT the crowd need something to feed off.If Fenty gives us the head of Slade this week Blundell Park will be like a flipping bear pit til the end of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 59
wiggers
February 5, 2018, 8:35am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +475
Gold Stars: 11
The Slade appointment has been an absolute disaster. The Fenty statement won’t change that. Why won’t he get rid? With him gone people will be back in their droves. I have no intention of returning to BP whilst he is in charge, my Son, my Dad, my Cousin and his son all feel the same way along with many others. I just don’t get it?? As a person Slade seems like a nice guy but his style of football is boring, he has replaced good players with far worse, we can’t win a game or score goals and are on a one way course to relegation. Getting behind the team is very difficult when you don’t believe in the manager, his tactics and player selection. Like many have said on here there are lots of us that have been supporting Town over 30 years, this is the first time I have voted with my feet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 59
TAGG
February 5, 2018, 10:53am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from H19P1

You're negativity is somewhat of a concern and not to mention your language. Platform or train?

I am full of positivity.
I'm positive that Fenty has made one big fuckup of our club.
I'm positive that he is still making a intercourse up of our club.
I am positive that no other club would have employed a Manager who has never won anything and was sacked from his last three jobs.
I am positive that there are to many fools still backing a man who has never made one good decision for our club.
As for the language I've toned the fornicator down for you for this post  ❤️

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 59
grimsby pete
February 5, 2018, 10:53am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
I think I can speak for everyone on here and say Yes Lets move on UP the table.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 59
lew chaterleys lover
February 5, 2018, 11:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,788
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

UTM.

God this is getting tiresome.

Is the only plus point point for Fenty that he "wants the best for the club"?

We all want that from the manager to the tea lady.

He has had 15 years or so do actually DO something which would lead to the club actually getting better. After an initial investment (which we all applaud him for) he has done nothing, zilch, zero to make the club any better whatsoever, either on the field or off it.

People have to be accountable for their actions; he has failed in every single respect, by any measure. If people have got such low expectations that having any club at all counts for success, then we are doomed, as eventually the lack of investment on and off the pitch will catch up with us, and we go the way of York.

It won't happen overnight, but he must make arrangements to step down, even if it is an internal shake up of the club till a buyer is found, on terms that Fenty can live with, but not with so many strings attached it is a waste of time.

Whatever happens between now and the end of the season, we must prepare for life after Fenty.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 59
marinerrick
February 5, 2018, 11:48am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +52
I sat in the upper on Saturday and yes the 'stand up if you love Grimsby' was great. I couldn't see but i wonder if JF stood up i imagine so.  I agree that Slade is not the best man for the job but we have to put up with it for this season,  As for the 'stand up if you have had enough chant' I think it was pointless and would not have shown the true feelings of many a fan.  I stood up not because I've had enough but because i couldn't see as someone in front of me had stood up. this may have happened from row A to row T in all stands.  The protests were peaceful and although unfortunately in my opinion directed at the wrong man, were very much acknowledged by JF and commendably commented upon.  Lets pick up and go again starting with Crawley on Saturday and make this season safe and one to forget.  For the record i'm not a ST holder but still attend as many home games as I can along with a handful of away days.  UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 59
February 5, 2018, 11:51am
Guest User
Quoted from wiggers
The Slade appointment has been an absolute disaster. The Fenty statement won’t change that. Why won’t he get rid? With him gone people will be back in their droves. I have no intention of returning to BP whilst he is in charge, my Son, my Dad, my Cousin and his son all feel the same way along with many others. I just don’t get it?? As a person Slade seems like a nice guy but his style of football is boring, he has replaced good players with far worse, we can’t win a game or score goals and are on a one way course to relegation. Getting behind the team is very difficult when you don’t believe in the manager, his tactics and player selection. Like many have said on here there are lots of us that have been supporting Town over 30 years, this is the first time I have voted with my feet.

Great post, pretty much sums it up.
Reply: 39 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let's draw a line under it all now...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.