This thread currently has 6,095 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
January 31, 2018, 11:45am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,208
Gold Stars: 102
The thing that is so obviously missing is a bit of Man management skill. Hurst sort of had it despite some notable exceptions, but Slade has less respect than a bottle of truckers urine tossed to the side of the road.
A Moore/Buckley interim solution would have that, players would not be allowed to shirk and would certainly not be scared of the ball like they are now.
Long term, obviously not, but to avoid relegation with the players currently available to them, it’s the best hope we’ve got.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 46
oldun
January 31, 2018, 11:54am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
No. Whenever we are in the sh1t this solution gets dragged out. He has not been in management for years, was sacked twice himself and does not want to do it. He would be on a hiding to nothing, why would he want to put himself through it. Not the answer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 46
1mickylyons
January 31, 2018, 12:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from ginnywings
Having an affiliation to the club guarantees nothing. Do you remember Buckley's last stint at the club? He was still in the loop then as well. When Port Vale were bottom of the league, they brought in Aspin from non league, during the season. Some on here were saying it was a sh1t appointment and he was a hoof ball merchant. They are now 2 points behind us with a game in hand.

Well who do you advocate then? I would suggest forgetting who Buckley actually is to do the job I am on about ie avoiding relegation and Managing us for 15 games a Manager with 1k games experience who lives on our doorstep with another bloke who has been in the game the same amount of time are our best hope short term.Long term like you I would want a Aspin,Bignot/Hurst type recruiting but we need someone in for Saturday other than Slade and ideally someone other than Fenty making the long term appointment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 46
realist
January 31, 2018, 12:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
Jesus Christ. Reading this thread would give a politician all the ammunition he would need  for compulsory euthanisia at 60.

Buckley is finished  and shouldn't be allowed near the team again and Moore is not the brightest. Bring back Bignot
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 46
1mickylyons
January 31, 2018, 12:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from realist
Jesus Christ. Reading this thread would give a politician all the ammunition he would need  for compulsory euthanisia at 60.

Buckley is finished  and shouldn't be allowed near the team again and Moore is not the brightest. Bring back Bignot

Marcus is back Marcus is back ello ello
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 46
ginnywings
January 31, 2018, 12:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Well who do you advocate then? I would suggest forgetting who Buckley actually is to do the job I am on about ie avoiding relegation and Managing us for 15 games a Manager with 1k games experience who lives on our doorstep with another bloke who has been in the game the same amount of time are our best hope short term.Long term like you I would want a Aspin,Bignot/Hurst type recruiting but we need someone in for Saturday other than Slade and ideally someone other than Fenty making the long term appointment.

Think it's a moot point because Slade will be staying IMO. I'd like to see us get the type of manager you list, but i don't think it will happen just yet, if at all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 46
monkeyboy
January 31, 2018, 12:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
I would let the older pros in the club take the seat until the end of the season, collins or davies, both upto date with modern football and training techniques plus they already know the players and most likely where and how to play them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 46
penrith mariner
January 31, 2018, 12:45pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +181
Gold Stars: 7
On a similar note I saw that the AFC Wimledon manager asked his squad how they thought they should play to beat Bradford City. An open discussion on the team end the tactics....they won 4-0.  Maybe not ideal on a regular basis  but certainly if it meant 3 points on Saturday it wiuld be worth while
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 46
lee65
January 31, 2018, 12:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from GrimRob
Anyone but Slade, I don't care who takes charge.

Totally agree, the change alone would lift spirits throughout the club and may "buy" one or two wins

Dave Moore to the end of the season, he's done it before, knows the players, can work with JF etc.

It's a no brainer for me, so I can only believe the RS pay off cost is the problem
If so that's a very short-sighted view, as it's (maybe?) £150 - £200k v possibly somewhere we cant claw our way back from ever again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 46
TownSNAFU5
January 31, 2018, 1:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,879
Gold Stars: 42
Absolutely "no" to going back to Buckley. Even suggesting this shows how desperate we have become.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bring Back Buckley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.