5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
January 31, 2018, 9:39am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
It`s 15 games were talking about he doesn`t even need to be in the dugout FFS.He built something here he put blood,sweat and tears and the best years of his life after playing into this football club PLEASE Alan come back and save this club from the abyss.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 46
Jaws
January 31, 2018, 9:44am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
I'm not so sure that a manager that hasn't managed a profesional team for 10 years or managed any other club for 15 years.

In terms of short-term impact he didn't do too well either. He lost 8 of the first ten games at the start of his last stint.

Slade is the problem but not convinced Buckley is the answer. A lot has changed in 10 years, being an expert summariser for radio humberside does not make you a good coach. Gary Neville was a higher-profile example.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 46
Maringer
January 31, 2018, 9:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
No. And No again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 46
headingly_mariner
January 31, 2018, 9:48am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Not sure Buckley would even want it. I love Alan and I think if he was involved in some capacity it would certainly boost the morale. I am not sure him being in charge would be the best move for the rest of the season.

I don't think Slade will get the chop today. I think he will have Saturday to save himself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 46
Mallyner
January 31, 2018, 9:54am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
I know Alan he was a customer in a shop i had and I have the greatest liking and respect for him both as a person and a manager. I also love to hear on the radio how we should have done it, when we have just missed a chance etc and I am sure he is usually correct.                                                                                                                                                 However I was at a game near to the end of his last tenure, when I think we lost 2-1 at home to Accrington.I was in Mcmenemys and the feeling wasn't far off being like it is now and a!most everybody was saying Alan should go. Mr Fenty came to our table and heard peoples opinions and although I didn't comment, I felt Alan had been out of the game for quite a while and had lost his contacts at other clubs, that he would have used to obtain players Fenty said that Alan was such a legend and it was a terrible quandary and I replied, "rather you than me'.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 46
heppy88
January 31, 2018, 9:55am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
For those who don't believe the Buckley/Moore partnership wouldn't be the best option over the next few weeks, what would you suggest?
Surely NOTHING can be worse than we currently have. As things stand we are heading for the trap door!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 46
jonnyboy82
January 31, 2018, 9:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Not a bad shout til end of season , he has seen the games as a co commentator and always seems to know our weaknesses on the radio .

Knows our fans and what we like but I couldn't see It happening as why would he want to come back with added stress.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 46
davmariner
January 31, 2018, 10:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
A new permanent manager in now isn’t the right time. The transfer window is closing tonight and any manager would need a period of getting to know the players and quite frankly we can’t afford that given our predicament. Mooro and even Buckley know the players and I can’t think of any better appointment on a temporary basis whilst we take our time and find the right manager. There will be a better choice of permanent manager at the end of the season rather than the rejects floating around mid season. This next appointment has to be right.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 46
AdamHaddock
January 31, 2018, 10:21am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,839
Gold Stars: 26
Why not go for Martin Allen on a short term deal?

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 46
buckstown
January 31, 2018, 10:24am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
After the nightmare last night I was just thinking of the nightmare scenario today.....
JF decides to stick with Slade AND sell Jones/Dembele to the highest bidders as they are our only saleable assets. What that potentially means is that he's accepted our fate and is trying to get as much of his money out before we go down the plug hole. I don't blame him for wanting his money back by the way, but would prefer us to have a big successful run and hand him an embroidered cheque with compound interest for his trouble.
It might be a long day and at the end of it the future might look very bleak.
On the other hand, RS goes, Dave Moore agrees to steady the ship on the understanding we keep the two players, he motivates them and we finish just short of the play offs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bring Back Buckley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.