ginnywings
January 13, 2018, 9:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Why don't we act like a professional club and pay somebody who has recruited managers successfully to find us a proper manager with a proper plan? I have great respect for Buckley and Davies but we need to start doing things like a proper business would.

This.

It's not a lucky dip. We need someone who knows football involved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
dicko995
January 13, 2018, 9:46pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
Nancy from the kit room, shes sends the lads out impeccably, haha. But in truth, I reckon we should give Cockers a call, now he was a hero. Its gonna be someone who is close to the club I reckon, someone with the black n white blood. Enter John Cockerill, he was offered it years ago but walked away from it, maybe its the time for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
ginnywings
January 13, 2018, 9:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Cockers?

Christ, the suggestions get worse by the minute.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
dicko995
January 13, 2018, 9:54pm

Fine Wine Drinker
maybe you should learn about the past history wigwig. Cockers was a hero here, and wqs up for the job years ago, and turned it down. perhaps u have a better idea and knowledge since getting grown out of your nappies !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
ginnywings
January 13, 2018, 10:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from dicko995
maybe you should learn about the past history wigwig. Cockers was a hero here, and wqs up for the job years ago, and turned it down. perhaps u have a better idea and knowledge since getting grown out of your nappies !!

Well dicko, i'm a lifelong Town fan since the age of 12 and i'm nearing 60, so i don't need a history lesson thanks. Known John since he was in the Mariners youth team with my younger brother. I was in the same school team as Glenn, so i know a bit about the Cockerill's.

John was caretaker manager 18 years ago, so what would you say makes him a candidate for the job?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
Marinerz93
January 13, 2018, 10:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from dicko995
Nancy from the kit room, shes sends the lads out impeccably, haha. But in truth, I reckon we should give Cockers a call, now he was a hero. Its gonna be someone who is close to the club I reckon, someone with the black n white blood. Enter John Cockerill, he was offered it years ago but walked away from it, maybe its the time for him.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/aam3d2S.gif[/img]

Cockers was caretaker manager on 3 separate occasions 94, 96 and 2000 after being assistant manager, in fact he was the only one as caretaker manager who won games and deserved to be offered the job but it was given I think to Lennie Lawrence.

Cockers was never offered the job and only left sometime after.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
Vance Warner
January 13, 2018, 10:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,797
Gold Stars: 102
I'd be happy enough with Dave Moore until the end of the season. He has the respect of this group of players who don't know Buckley from Adam (no pun intended).

According to wiki he's managed 105 games and has a win % of 37%. The players certainly put a shift in for him away at Bolton last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
promotion plaice
January 13, 2018, 10:49pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,049
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from Marinerz93

[img]https://i.imgur.com/aam3d2S.gif[/img]

Cockers was caretaker manager on 3 separate occasions 94, 96 and 2000 after being assistant manager, in fact he was the only one as caretaker manager who won games and deserved to be offered the job but it was given I think to Lennie Lawrence.

Cockers was never offered the job and only left sometime after.

Didn't he say he would only take the job on if he was sanctioned around £1 million to spend on players.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
MuddyWaters
January 13, 2018, 10:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Why don't we act like a professional club and pay somebody who has recruited managers successfully to find us a proper manager with a proper plan? I have great respect for Buckley and Davies but we need to start doing things like a proper business would.

After 15 years of muddling along chucking good money after bad you mean?
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
dicko995
January 13, 2018, 11:20pm

Fine Wine Drinker
1m 63 wigs, and adopted the boys stand next to barrets at the age of 8, and I do have a clue too with john, as Ron often took me round to Brian Cliftons home down Robson Rd and George Higgins house off Clee Road.Johns a great guy and he wouldn't take the offer,wasnt ready for it, but I bet he would be now>I bet many ex town guys would help out in these dire times, lets see what develops Monday, I still cant see the Clown going,hes here for the duration. I bet Charlie Shaw is turning in his grave having these cabbages playing on his beloved pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Caretaker

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.