5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
January 14, 2018, 2:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I'm in favour of Dave Moore until the end of the season, he would steer the ship safely to mid table.

As for a new man (or anyone giving Fenty advice on who to pick) pleeeeeeease don't let that doddering old fart Buckley anywhere near it. He's past it, out of touch, last century's never mind yesterday's news, leave him to throw in the odd dreary obvious remark as a co-commentator when you're struggling to doze off.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 47
HertsGTFC
January 14, 2018, 3:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from OllieGTFC
So people would want a up coming manager/managers why not go for Salford pair then ?

Because we couldn’t afford them, and they have been used to working with big budgets at their level.

Caretakers - if he went this week it would surely be Dave Moore, personally I’d get Collins or Davis involved in an interim set up.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 47
mariner91
January 14, 2018, 3:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from OllieGTFC
So people would want a up coming manager/managers why not go for Salford pair then ?

The amount of money they've been throwing at their squad for that level, it's a travesty that they aren't further ahead than they are.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 47
jimgtfc
January 14, 2018, 4:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
Personally I don’t think there’s many appealing out of work managers or any up and coming ones below us that would be interested in coming here after the Bignot debacle.

So I’d be asking either Ben Davies or Danny Collins if either of them is interested in taking the reigns with Dave Moore’s assistance at least until the end of the season. I’m not sure if either has any coaching badges or not but both have bags of playing experience at a much higher level and surely couldn’t do worse than Slade. At least they would have the respect of the dressing room. We might already have a good up and coming manager from within.

Another option could be to give a top ex-pro a first chance in management. There’s plenty of them interested in starting somewhere, Phil Neville and Sol Campbell are purely just examples and I doubt they’d be interested but someone like that, someone who commands respect. It’s certainly working for Notts County with Kevin Nolan.

It’s probably all futile anyway as I doubt JF will be sacking his mate anytime soon.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 47
friskneymariner
January 14, 2018, 4:13pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Will Antwi highly thought of as a coach by Tottenham,did a good job when he was here.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 47
monkeyboy
January 14, 2018, 6:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
Billy Heath at Halifax certainly has a decent record so there are gems out there waiting.

Only worry is do we have the players that someone can work with. i wouldnt like to see a caretaker, someone permanant would be better to get half the season to suss out what is needed and potentially have an end of season cull.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 47
Mariner_09
January 15, 2018, 1:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
Billy Heath with Dis as assistant?

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 47
mariner91
January 15, 2018, 1:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Why are people interested in Billy Heath? Did well at North Ferriby because he had a lot of money to spend thanks to the Allams. Got promoted at Halifax last season but hardly setting the world alight. Plays a horrible long ball game as well. I would be seriously, seriously disappointed if he came in.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Caretaker

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.