Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Apparently..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 191 Guests

Apparently..

This thread currently has 8,365 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
January 2, 2018, 11:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Exactly

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 42
topuphere666
January 2, 2018, 11:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
In true Grimsby fashion, Slade will get money to spend in January, getting a few new faces in. Results won’t pick up but JF will wait until 31st to sack him leaving the new chap no time to make his own signings.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 42
ivanosandwich
January 2, 2018, 12:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,470
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from lukeo
I've been told this evening Slade 'has until saturday'

Not sure what they mean exactly but I'm assuming if we don't beat Morecambe he's gone apparently.. My argument to that is what happens if we scrape a 1-0 win and then lose the next couple?

Don't worry, there's another Saturday after the next couple of games.

Seriously, if this is true, there will be a few hoping for a Town defeat at the weekend.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 42
rancido
January 2, 2018, 3:03pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96

I find that difficult to believe.

It would be better to give Slade some real money to improve the squad with an eye to next season.

2 or 3 quality players would make all the difference, and if Fenty cannot or will not fund those signings then he deserves all he gets.

Well Fenty must have provided the funds to allow RS to make all the signings ( 11 new players ) in the summer. Surely he could have used those funds to get the 2 or 3 quality players you say we need. It's been mentioned on here that he said he couldn't get the players he wanted in the summer but if that was the case then why should things be different now. I still maintain that Bignot should have been kept and allowed to put his squad together over the summer. As much as a lot of fans couldn't agree with what he was doing, lets face it things couldn't be any worse than they are now. I may be wrong but I don't recall MB going 4 games in a row and only getting 1 point.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 42
kevikov
January 2, 2018, 3:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
On balance I feel RS won't take us down and his decision making in the transfer market is ever so slightly better (tough call mind) than JF for picking managers, so keep RS and accept mid table this season rather than let JF loose with yet another decision to Fcuk up wildly.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 42
MuddyWaters
January 2, 2018, 3:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from rancido

[/b]

Well Fenty must have provided the funds to allow RS to make all the signings ( 11 new players ) in the summer. Surely he could have used those funds to get the 2 or 3 quality players you say we need. It's been mentioned on here that he said he couldn't get the players he wanted in the summer but if that was the case then why should things be different now. I still maintain that Bignot should have been kept and allowed to put his squad together over the summer. As much as a lot of fans couldn't agree with what he was doing, lets face it things couldn't be any worse than they are now. I may be wrong but I don't recall MB going 4 games in a row and only getting 1 point.

Agree. I sense that Slade was shopping at Lidl as opposed to Tesco in the summer.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 42
golfer
January 2, 2018, 3:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from ginnywings
I can't believe the board would be considering this scenario. "Right chaps, if we don't beat Morecambe, Slade is toast. And while i'm at it, can one of you spread this info to some random fans?"

Knowing our board it's not unlikely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 42
kevikov
January 2, 2018, 3:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from ginnywings
I can't believe the board would be considering this scenario. "Right chaps, if we don't beat Morecambe, Slade is toast. And while i'm at it, can one of you spread this info to some random fans?"

I thought GTFC did their PR one the pitch though?

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 42
Manchester Mariner
January 2, 2018, 3:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from lukeo
I've been told this evening Slade 'has until saturday'

Quite a vague thing to be told which could lead to rumour and innuendo about his status as manager, maybe it's something innocent like he has been told he has until Saturday to cancel his subscription with Babestation otherwise he will be charged.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 42
rancido
January 2, 2018, 3:26pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from kevikov
On balance I feel RS won't take us down and his decision making in the transfer market is ever so slightly better (tough call mind) than JF for picking managers, so keep RS and accept mid table this season rather than let JF loose with yet another decision to Fcuk up wildly.

But why do you think things will be any different next season or do we accept that with RS we will continue with mid-table mediocracy until he either goes or is pushed? All of the faith that fans have in Slade is based on ONE season when he got us to a play-off final ( whilst plotting his departure to a team in the same league we were aspiring to join ). Nothing else in his record suggests that he could achieve anything and it seems to be forgotten ( or ignored ) that he was sacked by his two previous clubs after very short tenures.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Apparently..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.