Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Apparently..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 122 Guests

Apparently..

This thread currently has 8,322 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
kevikov
January 2, 2018, 3:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +818
Gold Stars: 13
I'm not considering next season just yet, I'm thinking purely about the rest of this one. Whether or not RS is here next season is another question, I just don't think JF is capable of a quick replacement now and that'll put us in deeper trouble in the short term.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 42
bedders78
January 2, 2018, 3:40pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Agree. I sense that Slade was shopping at Lidl as opposed to Tesco in the summer.

Lidl is pretty good, more like he was rummaging around in a skip

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 42
rancido
January 2, 2018, 3:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,447
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from bedders78

....or Poundland !

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 42
Garth
January 2, 2018, 3:48pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
[quote=166]

....or Poundland`s skip

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 42
friskneymariner
January 2, 2018, 3:52pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from bedders78

Outside Mad Harry's.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 42
oldun
January 2, 2018, 3:55pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Ask Matt Dean if he has any info, you never know his sources might be full of knowledge
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 42
horsforthmariner
January 2, 2018, 3:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,575
Gold Stars: 8
There is no way Fenty is going to get rid of Slade when we are 14 points above the drop. To be fair were probably at where our budget suggests we should be.

I suspect we'll only bring in players that will be useful next season. I think this season has been written off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 42
ginnywings
January 2, 2018, 4:23pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from rancido

But why do you think things will be any different next season or do we accept that with RS we will continue with mid-table mediocracy until he either goes or is pushed? All of the faith that fans have in Slade is based on ONE season when he got us to a play-off final ( whilst plotting his departure to a team in the same league we were aspiring to join ). Nothing else in his record suggests that he could achieve anything and it seems to be forgotten ( or ignored ) that he was sacked by his two previous clubs after very short tenures.

Which was his second season, so history suggests, as with most managers, that it takes more than one season to get where you want to be with a squad, and it has to be said that some of his signings back then were pretty damned good ones. It also took Sir Alan until his second season, so based on that, who is to say that Slade won't deliver if given time? He has been in charge for 30 odd games, so is that enough time to decide he aint up to it?

I say all this as someone who is not a fan of his, but think that any manager has to be given more time than he's had so far, however unpopular he is right now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 42
Maringer
January 2, 2018, 4:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Getting rid of a manager mid-season rarely 'works', especially if there is little or no money to spend or you're outside the transfer window. Despite the poor run of results over the past week or two and weak-looking squad, I'd have thought we ought to grind out way into a mid-table finish.

Truth be told, I'm still very surprised with many of Slade's signings over the summer. During his last spell, he signed players with pace, height and strength which almost worked out for us but for the non-performance in Cardiff. It must have been pretty obvious in the summer that we were too reliant on the pace of Andrew down our left hand side, yet we've made signings who can't be considered anything like quick, especially the forwards.

No surprise that we can't stretch teams and don't do anything on the counter when we're generally slower than the opposition in all areas of the field.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 42
Marinerz93
January 2, 2018, 5:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Agree. I sense that Slade was shopping at Lidl Poundstretcher as opposed to Tesco in the summer.

Corrected for you  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Apparently..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.