20 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
denni266
January 2, 2018, 12:00am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
Seem to remember that DM said in the past that he is not interested in managing , will alwase help out but that is it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 194
arryarryarry
January 2, 2018, 12:03am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from chaos33
So no then.

Well for a start I would recall Osborne, Asante and Bolarinwa and give them a start or use as subs, they cannot do any worse that most of that shower today.

If I was JF and I wasn't going to sack him I would seriously question any signing that RS wants to bring in and hopefully ask some of his contacts what they think because it is clear no due diligence was done on some of the signings RS has made so far.

If JF is thinking of sacking him I am sure he should have someone in mind already as my contact mentioned to me earlier this season he was a couple of games away from the sack he then went on to win 3.

I would also add that I have not advocated that DM be given the job but I would not have any issues if he was asked to be caretaker, I also cannot remember if I have suggested Slade be sacked I just think he is a excrement manager and wouldn't have appointed him in the first place and wouldn't trust him with your money let alone the club's.  
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 194
chaos33
January 2, 2018, 7:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Easy to understand the sentiment in a lot of that, but if we deal with the reality of having Slade and contemplating what to do next - you would recall Osborne, (suspended) and Asante and Bolarinwa - neither of whom can get in their respective conference starting elevens, and one of whom has made practically no impression at all during his loan to the level below, and that's it?

You don't want to commit to sacking Slade, and, by your argument, he shouldn't be given money to spend in the window because he's squandered enough already. If he were to be sacked in your scenario, you wouldn't mind Dave Moore to be caretaker, but you're not advocating him, and you know that he has contacts sufficient to get good players in the window. I'm sure I've seen you type 'just get rid' somewhere, and we've probably all felt like that in the spur of the moment, but we have surely got to be pragmatic and do what's best on balance? It's really not easy, and as I said, I think we are in something of a deadlock at present. Surely we take stock in February?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 194
HertsGTFC
January 2, 2018, 7:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from chaos33
Easy to understand the sentiment in a lot of that, but if we deal with the reality of having Slade and contemplating what to do next - you would recall Osborne, (suspended) and Asante and Bolarinwa - neither of whom can get in their respective conference starting elevens, and one of whom has made practically no impression at all during his loan to the level below, and that's it?

You don't want to commit to sacking Slade, and, by your argument, he shouldn't be given money to spend in the window because he's squandered enough already. If he were to be sacked in your scenario, you wouldn't mind Dave Moore to be caretaker, but you're not advocating him, and you know that he has contacts sufficient to get good players in the window. I'm sure I've seen you type 'just get rid' somewhere, and we've probably all felt like that in the spur of the moment, but we have surely got to be pragmatic and do what's best on balance? It's really not easy, and as I said, I think we are in something of a deadlock at present. Surely we take stock in February?

Or as soon as we have 50 points

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 194
arryarryarry
January 2, 2018, 6:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

I apologise you are completely correct, let's continue with the likes of Hooper, Woolford, Dixon (who went missing at the far post yet again for Crewe's first goal) and Kelly as Slade has made a wonderful job in giving at least three of them 2 year contracts and they are world beaters compared to those that we have out on loan.

Come on JF give Slade a few million to add more superstars.
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 194
MuddyWaters
January 2, 2018, 6:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,240
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from arryarryarry

I apologise you are completely correct, let's continue with the likes of Hooper, Woolford, Dixon (who went missing at the far post yet again for Crewe's first goal) and Kelly as Slade has made a wonderful job in giving at least three of them 2 year contracts and they are world beaters compared to those that we have out on loan.

Come on JF give Slade a few million to add more superstars.

Much as I would gladly tear up the contracts of the four you name, I would equally gladly tear up the contracts of the three you want back.
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 194
arryarryarry
January 2, 2018, 6:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Much as I would gladly tear up the contracts of the four you name, I would equally gladly tear up the contracts of the three you want back.

They probably are no better but it would be nice to at least see them given a go.

Bolarinwa always looked to me as one of those players that could look a world beater one game and crap the next and may not be good enough for League 2 but I compare him to Woolford who just looks crap every game.
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 194
Vance Warner
January 2, 2018, 6:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,800
Gold Stars: 102
Although I've got less enthusiasm for town than at any point in 25 years I wouldn't sack Slade right now. He's got us into this mess with some really poor signings so it's up to him to get us out of it. I wouldn't trust him with any more money so it's down to him to see if he can free up space on the wage bill to bring players in. If things continue like they are then I would get rid when we get to 50 points to let someone else assess the squad before the summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 194
MuddyWaters
January 2, 2018, 6:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,240
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from arryarryarry

They probably are no better but it would be nice to at least see them given a go.

Bolarinwa always looked to me as one of those players that could look a world beater one game and crap the next and may not be good enough for League 2 but I compare him to Woolford who just looks crap every game.

Tom has had enough chances - I guess he was signed as a 'rough diamond' but three managers have tried to polish him without success. Asante is clearly non-league standard and Osborne doesn't appear to want to be here so the sooner they go the better.
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 194
oldun
January 2, 2018, 9:23pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from Vance Warner
Although I've got less enthusiasm for town than at any point in 25 years I wouldn't sack Slade right now. He's got us into this mess with some really poor signings so it's up to him to get us out of it. I wouldn't trust him with any more money so it's down to him to see if he can free up space on the wage bill to bring players in. If things continue like they are then I would get rid when we get to 50 points to let someone else assess the squad before the summer.

I think I agree with this
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 194
20 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.