Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 163 Guests

Match thread

This thread currently has 24,153 views. Print
20 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
denni266
January 1, 2018, 4:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +693
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Chesterfield, Barnet and VGR are all doing their best to keep us up, all losing ATM.

Good job someone is playing for us then  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 194
Garth
January 1, 2018, 5:00pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Abdul19
The only positive I can think of is that the bottom 3 are all losing. Oh, and that I didn't go.

Thing is both FGR and Barnet will change their managers soon and get the new manager bounce where as we will stay as we are
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 194
Abdul19
January 1, 2018, 5:03pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,510
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It's 9 of the last 13.

If you add the fa cup match, yes.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 194
Marinerz93
January 1, 2018, 5:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Bigdog

and to amend that quote there is no PR at Town, just impostors pretending to be players, management, and boardroom. Sack the board, and Fenty with his mate Sladeball OUT OUT OUT!!!

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 194
ginnywings
January 1, 2018, 5:07pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
Still 14th and still 5 wins clear of the bottom 2, so once again shows how poor this league is that we can get thumped twice in two days and stay where we are. Drifted out to 8 points from the play offs again though. We get close and fade away time and again. Poor team in a poor league is how i would sum us up at the turn of the year.

Perfect time to give Clifton a run out today in the second half. What did we have to lose?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 194
RoboCod
January 1, 2018, 5:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
We now enter 2018 on minus 6 goal difference. Given that when we do occasionally win it's often by one goal. It could possibly take 5 or 6 wins to even get the goal difference to zero. Any more defeats of course will just add to the minus tally and require more wins and goals.
How on earth does anyone see this team as capable of making a late run into the playoffs?
I'd settle for Dave Moore right now as caretaker while the board take the rest of the season to make the right choice.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 194
Mrs Doyle
January 1, 2018, 5:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Brings Cardwell on when the match as gone ffs Slade you really have not got any ambition or desire what so ever.

Though I think Fenty  will keep you here Slade just to spite us the fans.

It's become personal and we all know Fenty's hatred of anybody that questions his authority/position.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 194
chaos33
January 1, 2018, 5:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
But we'd still be stuck with the same mediocre players and going back to square one with half of them on 2 year deals, with a new man wanting to bring his own players in and we can't get shut of the dross. More of the same I'm afraid. We have to suck it up folks. What's done is done. For now.

The only thing I can see that could help us is to find a sum of money to pay off players and invest in some new ones, in January, and then take stock at the end of the season. Those people calling for Fenty and the board to resign and walk en mass might like to point out where the money to run the club will come from in that case, in the short term at least. We are in a stalemate for the foreseeable future in my opinion. Results might continue in the same vein, home crowds will fall below 3000 and we might limp our way to safety or, at best, lower mid table nothingness.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 194
HertsGTFC
January 1, 2018, 5:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,870
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from chaos33
But we'd still be stuck with the same mediocre players and going back to square one with half of them on 2 year deals, with a new man wanting to bring his own players in and we can't get shut of the dross. More of the same I'm afraid. We have to suck it up folks. What's done is done. For now.

The only thing I can see that could help us is to find a sum of money to pay off players and invest in some new ones, in January, and then take stock at the end of the season. Those people calling for Fenty and the board to resign and walk en mass might like to point out where the money to run the club will come from in that case, in the short term at least. We are in a stalemate for the foreseeable future in my opinion. Results might continue in the same vein, home crowds will fall below 3000 and we might limp our way to safety or, at best, lower mid table nothingness.

Though I think he's miles away from warranting a big money move I fear that the only way we can do the bit in bold is to sell Dembelle for a relatively small sum say a few hundred grand  if someone comes in for him. Otherwise we'll have to tough it out for another season or so I reckon.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 194
RoboCod
January 1, 2018, 5:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from chaos33
But we'd still be stuck with the same mediocre players and going back to square one with half of them on 2 year deals, with a new man wanting to bring his own players in and we can't get shut of the dross. We have to suck it up folks. What's done is done. For now.

Can't believe I'm saying this but Dave Moore stepping in would do it for me, as unadventurous as it sounds. Because for me, Fenty and Slade have poisoned this club in the last couple of months in particular. The forum was awful, the unveiling of the horrendous Marley a shock to the system, he's the mad ranting family member you keep locked up in the cellar, not parade in front of the fans and media.
As bad as it was we still had a decent unbeaten run to possibly build on back then, but that seems to have crashed spectacularly since Fenty's new attack dog Slade ordered Matt Dean from the training ground. Had our majority shareholder and our manager put as much effort into running the club and the team as they put into attacking a local journalist I'm sure we'd be at least a bit better off.

Give it to Mooro, grind the results out and let the season dwindle away then delete it from history, then let everyone involved do some soul searching and do what's right for the club before it's really too late.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 194
20 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.